IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm kind of glad if he isn't signing. He couldn't get in last season and now we have Szmodics.

Most important reason though is i believe LJ will use a big man up top, Diedhiou, Moore signing or have both if Diedhiou stays and always have one of them up top. That wouldn't suit Kasey and kasey would not suit them.

Agree. Use every spare bit of change to get s top striker in ! Has to happen Mr Ashton to break top 6.

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Palmer a step up from Szmodics imo (although I'll balance that by saying I've only seen vids of Szmodics).

Lampard has said he will give him a chance to prove himself (not just him but any of the young players) so can't blame the player for wanting to give it a try if that  what's happening. But its highly likely that he's missed the plane to Florida and he could be heading out on loan in the championship somewhere at the end of the window. 

No good to us then as LJ said he needed him for a FULL pre-season, not the last week. KP would have known our requirements so he's missed the opportunity IMHO.

I'm not saying he's made the wrong choice by any means but he's decided to try with Chelsea (fair enough) and missed his chance to do what LJ asked for.

As far as I'm concerned, we thank him, move on and wish him well in the future. 

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Palmer a step up from Szmodics imo (although I'll balance that by saying I've only seen vids of Szmodics).

Lampard has said he will give him a chance to prove himself (not just him but any of the young players) so can't blame the player for wanting to give it a try if that  what's happening. But its highly likely that he's missed the plane to Florida and he could be heading out on loan in the championship somewhere at the end of the window. 

Lampard's also made it clear he isn't about to start playing 5 or 6 academy graduates. With the squad they have Palmer's chances of even getting on the bench are slim to none I would think.

If he doesn't join us I reckon he'll be off on loan to somebody else come January 

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Lampard's also made it clear he isn't about to start playing 5 or 6 academy graduates. With the squad they have Palmer's chances of even getting on the bench are slim to none I would think.

If he doesn't join us I reckon he'll be off on loan to somebody else come January 

Exactly.

Has he gone to Ireland for sure, or just 2+2?

21 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Agree. Use every spare bit of change to get s top striker in ! Has to happen Mr Ashton to break top 6.

Striker and defensive midfielder needed imo

6 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

He's good, but he's not keeping Willian out the team is he. Can see it happening once FLCFC have had chance to cast their eye over him or discuss him, whether that happens in Ireland or not

People talk about the Chelsea embargo like they've lost all of their players as well, FL will no doubt use the younger players at his disposal but given KP couldn't command a starting position here last year is he really going to be playing at Chelsea over the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Barkley, Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho, Willian, Pedro etc, he will also likely be behind the likes of Mount, Musonda and Piazon of last seasons returning loan army and is now 22 years old so needs to get on with his career.

I hope he signs for a reasonable fee and nails down a starting position here through his performances as we could have a hell of a player on our hands if he does.

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Until we find evidence that he’s in Dublin, I’m still fully confident that he’s being fired out of a cannon from the top of Nelson Mandela house before rappelling down B&M Bargains in the new purple and lime third kit this evening. 

I hope you're right BS86. 

39 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I still find it very bizarre that Section 82 would do that if there wasn’t something happening.

Maybe he's gone to Dublin to play one last game for Chelsea and say goodbye to the fans? We've already taken photos of him with a scarf and everything

I encourage everyone to google the ‘Kubler Ross model’.

It’s basically the 5 stages of grief. It reflects almost every transfer thread on OTIB, without the cringe inducing desperation.

4 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

I get the feeling now that someone was telling porkies 

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Lies 

Let me just say that, whilst I have absolutely no idea whatsoever as to whether or not @The hand of RO'D is telling the truth on this occasion, I do seem to recall that, some time prior to it being announced officially, he predicted correctly that Joe Morrell was going out on loan - also that this was to Lincoln....

1 minute ago, SuperDziek said:

Confirmed on the Chelsea website that the squad list includes Kasey. 

Can't see us waiting for him if he isn't committed to us now. He may live to regret it.

A defensive midfielder and a striker have to be higher priorities anyway.

7 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

Confirmed on the Chelsea website that the squad list includes Kasey. 

That’s a shame.

Although is probably rules out any thoughts I had that we might not go for a true striker, and try to convert Palmer and / or Szmodics into a 9 1/2.

Really interested to see what happens with Fam now.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s a shame.

Although is probably rules out any thoughts I had that we might not go for a true striker, and try to convert Palmer and / or Szmodics into a 9 1/2.

Really interested to see what happens with Fam now.

Depends which of the 2 companies representing him get their way:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/truth-behind-famara-diedhious-links-3054358

Perhaps he thinks it’s a good idea to be mentored by one of the country’s best ever goal-scoring midfielders? Personally, I think that Frank will have bigger fish to fry and that staying at Chelsea will stall KPs footballing career. Time will tell but I think not coming here will be his loss in the long term. 

Onwards and upwards. 

Archived