IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

Just now, chinapig said:

Because there is less competition for places at Swansea perhaps?

I would imagine he's just seeing what is on offer to him, now Chelsea's first team are back from summer tournaments etc he will be allowed to leave. If we are interested then I'm sure we will be near the top of his priority list

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I would imagine he's just seeing what is on offer to him, now Chelsea's first team are back from summer tournaments etc he will be allowed to leave. If we are interested then I'm sure we will be near the top of his priority list

Yes, I was being slightly tongue in cheek, though I imagine our squad will be bigger than theirs.

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

I wonder if we've limited ourselves to one more attacking player and Nketiah was our number one target. Maybe we're now turning our attention to Palmer and others as a plan B??

thats what i think, but personally i am getting pretty worried. Striker (or two) should've been our number one priority, no questions asked. We're now 8 days from the start of the season and still only really have Fam as an out and out striker. If he gets injured, as it stands, we're pretty ******.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

thats what i think, but personally i am getting pretty worried. Striker (or two) should've been our number one priority, no questions asked. We're now 8 days from the start of the season and still only really have Fam as an out and out striker. If he gets injured, as it stands, we're pretty ******.

Absolutely spot on. How a striker was not the number one priority is beyond me. Now we scrabbling around in the last chance saloon to get someone in. 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It is not so easy. Of course it is a priority but decent strikers within our range are few and far between.

Plus the market is not so simple that you can sign players in priority order.

Just now, Redrascal2 said:

Absolutely spot on. How a striker was not the number one priority is beyond me. Now we scrabbling around in the last chance saloon to get someone in. 

I think a striker has been number one priority. Nothing to suggest it hasn’t unless you want us to just sign any striker.

Most clubs in this league need a striker and barely anyone has signed one yet suggesting a good one for an affordable fee is hard to come by 

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

Out of the championship transfers of strikers who would you have bought? 

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

It was - his name was Eddie Nketiah.

We spent weeks on the deal, only for events out of our control (Arsenal's failure to secure Zaha; Nketiah playing out of his skin in pre-season) conspired against us and the deal has gone cold.

Just a guess, but that would be my take on events.

Whatever, there's no reason to believe a striker hasn't been a priority because we know we've been after one for the last 3 transfer windows. The problem has been getting a deal over the line.  

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

LJ has made it clear it is a priority. Do you seriously believe the club has not been trying to do exactly that? And that other Championship clubs haven't been doing the same?

Have a look at the Championship transfers so far. Leaving aside players who have moved to the Prem you won't need the fingers of one hand to count the strikers of any quality that have been signed or sold.

Still, if it's so easy perhaps Mark Ashton should hand over the reins to a transfer committee of fans.

I don't get all the worry about us not getting a striker yet. Would people rather City be patient and get the right striker, or get a not so good one in who is easier to get?

There's still plenty of time and we have done more business than most.

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It was - his name was Eddie Nketiah.

We spent weeks on the deal, only for events out of our control (Arsenal's failure to secure Zaha; Nketiah playing out of his skin in pre-season) conspired against us and the deal has gone cold.

Just a guess, but that would be my take on events.

Whatever, there's no reason to believe a striker hasn't been a priority because we know we've been after one for the last 3 transfer windows. The problem has been getting a deal over the line.  

But thats where you need to reach a point where you say we need an answer (either way) before X date. We're still in limbo the day before our last pre-season game & LJ has said he wants a pre season with all signings, so it just feels like a big gamble, cause we will potentially now end up with our second or third choice, but still without a pre season with him

5 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Out of the strikers signed & sold by Championship clubs, who are you disappointed that we haven’t signed?

There are very few strikers that have moved within the Championship & I’m sure it is a priority for us but it’s probably similarly a priority for every other club. There hasn’t really been that many strikers moving around the Premier League compared to previous years & those that have moved have tended to go for more than we’re likely to be prepared to pay & unlikely to want to join us at present.

And if by saying that it should of been a priority you mean it should of been the first signing we made, would you of been happy to risk missing out on a first team keeper, centre half & left back?

Unfortunately players don’t always become available in an order of priority that we need them & no noise coming from the club suggests that there isn’t funds available or even the possibility of a new striker coming in before the window shuts.

I also feel that the team is adaptable enough to play a number of different formations should we need to.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

But thats where you need to reach a point where you say we need an answer (either way) before X date. We're still in limbo the day before our last pre-season game & LJ has said he wants a pre season with all signings, so it just feels like a big gamble, cause we will potentially now end up with our second or third choice, but still without a pre season with him

When you're trying to get players from Premier league teams, which is the position we've now grown into, the bigger clubs are always going to call the tune and we're always going to be waiting. If that's the pond we choose to fish in, there's nothing we can do about it.

I don't like the delay any more than you, or no doubt our Coach, so I'm just going to think about how late Tammy arrived and how that turned out in the end.

17 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Out of the strikers signed & sold by Championship clubs, who are you disappointed that we haven’t signed?

There are very few strikers that have moved within the Championship & I’m sure it is a priority for us but it’s probably similarly a priority for every other club. There hasn’t really been that many strikers moving around the Premier League compared to previous years & those that have moved have tended to go for more than we’re likely to be prepared to pay & unlikely to want to join us at present.

And if by saying that it should of been a priority you mean it should of been the first signing we made, would you of been happy to risk missing out on a first team keeper, centre half & left back?

Unfortunately players don’t always become available in an order of priority that we need them & no noise coming from the club suggests that there isn’t funds available or even the possibility of a new striker coming in before the window shuts.

I also feel that the team is adaptable enough to play a number of different formations should we need to.

Kieffer Moore.

35 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Kieffer Moore. 

That is fair and I like him. That said I do not think he is better than Diedhiou. Also he is still available. Surely we should shop around first for higher quality? Risky but think you need risk to take you to that next level. I am happy to search elsewhere and hope moore is an available fall back. 

37 minutes ago, chinapig said:

LJ has made it clear it is a priority. Do you seriously believe the club has not been trying to do exactly that? And that other Championship clubs haven't been doing the same?

Have a look at the Championship transfers so far. Leaving aside players who have moved to the Prem you won't need the fingers of one hand to count the strikers of any quality that have been signed or sold.

Still, if it's so easy perhaps Mark Ashton should hand over the reins to a transfer committee of fans.

I don't think anybody would think it was easy but with how well we recruited up to this point, I would have that getting a striker would be achievable. And hopefully it will still happen.

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

Kieffer Moore.

Where's Kieffer Moore signed for or been sold from in the Championship? My understanding is that he's still at Barnsley, so hasn't signed for anyone or been sold by anyone in the Championship & that's the point, strikers aren't moving!

And personally, if Kieffer Moore was a priority of ours, I'd be very disappointed.

The only reason it says Swansea are first choice is because it is Welsh paper putting a positive spin on the story. Of course we are first choice & the lad wants to come here. I would imagine the deal will be done next week if Chelsea are happy for him to depart & we still want him. If we don't want him any more then he may end up at Swansea on loan.

35 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Where's Kieffer Moore signed for or been sold from in the Championship? My understanding is that he's still at Barnsley, so hasn't signed for anyone or been sold by anyone in the Championship & that's the point, strikers aren't moving!

And personally, if Kieffer Moore was a priority of ours, I'd be very disappointed.

Who would you  sign or are you content with the strike force as it is. And would you only consider Championship strikers, another Kodjia would suit me.

Assuming there is some accuracy in the Wales Online article

Am I reading it right ?

Swansea want to Loan him

We want or are happy to buy him

and according to them 

The Swans are currently looking for a loan move, but it's understood the player himself is keen to ensure that his next club can offer a more stable long-term future. That means Swansea will now almost certainly have to dip into their pocket if they want to land their man.

if that’s correct and , even if the Swans agreed to buy, he preferred a move here then that appears fair accompli

In that case why has it not happened - if true , as I see it , that would indicate Palmer is waiting to see if the Swans or someone else decides to put an offer in and atm sees that as his preferred option if they are willing to take him perm ?

Possibly believes he will lots more game time there ?

All a bit strange 

Personally I would take a lot of persuading signs of enthusiasm etc from Palmer before I’d consider signing him - Where is he going to fit in ?

Don’t we have enough (Numbers at least )players able to pay a 10 role ?

Pato for sale ? 

Archived