IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I saw an online article where he claimed to be earning £110k per week. I know some salaries are crazy but £110k for someone who hasn’t played a first team league game for Chelsea is looney. I also saw another article that said he was on £20k per week. This seems closer to the truth considering he’s just been on loan to a series of clubs 

Definately want him to sign but given that would make him one of our top earners and we have no idea how often and where he will play its a strange one, just have a feeling he will be an asset here. If Taylor is off then it makes more sense to bring him in and play Szmodics as a striker.

Not sure we have a particularly huge senior squad. I’d say by the time the window shuts and all the ins and outs are done it’s be around around 27-30 senior players which doesn’t seem huge to me. Not small either but not excessive  

At any point in time you’re going to want an absolute minimum of 22 when everyone is fully fit. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure we have a particularly huge senior squad. I’d say by the time the window shuts and all the ins and outs are done it’s be around around 27-30 senior players which doesn’t seem huge to me. Not small either but not excessive  

At any point in time you’re going to want an absolute minimum of 22 when everyone is fully fit. 

Both LJ and MA have said we need to trim a bit. Balance out the squad was the phrase they used. We have some experienced players who are not starters and who could block the pathway for younger players.

I'd be surprised if some did not leave.

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Both LJ and MA have said we need to trim a bit. Balance out the squad was the phrase they used. We have some experienced players who are not starters and who could block the pathway for younger players.

Taylor, Walsh and Moore will leave imo 

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Of the current squad I would imagine Taylor, Watkins, Adelakun or O'Dowda will be on their way and maybe a few loans out for Bakinson, Janneh, Edwards are all likely assuming we can bring in a couple of quality attacking players.

49 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

£110k a month would look about right

And it was sourced by a Swansea fan from some court case in 2017 when KP had to disclose his earnings

That’s the story I read, but I’m sure the figure is baloney. Chelsea tend to pay crazy salaries, but not that much to someone who hasn’t come close to playing in the first team. More importantly, City have not come close to signing a couple of players who are on £50k per week due to their salary. If Palmer is on £110k I’m sure LJ or, the ever reliable Gregor MacGregor, would have quashed the rumours of City signing him ages ago. 

On the other hand, what do I know?  Is there anyone out there that knows the truth. 

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

That’s the story I read, but I’m sure the figure is baloney. Chelsea tend to pay crazy salaries, but not that much to someone who hasn’t come close to playing in the first team. More importantly, City have not come close to signing a couple of players who are on £50k per week due to their salary. If Palmer is on £110k I’m sure LJ or, the ever reliable Gregor MacGregor, would have quashed the rumours of City signing him ages ago. 

On the other hand, what do I know?  Is there anyone out there that knows the truth. 

He’s only earning £110 per month. How does he manage?

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

You think £110k a MONTH is baloney ?

£25k a week

i don’t at all - Remember Chelsea gave Tammy a new contract worth £40/50 k a week around the same time 

Also reports of 16/17 yr olds , years away from first team hope having £10/15k a week contracts 

53 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Of the current squad I would imagine Taylor, Watkins, Adelakun or O'Dowda will be on their way and maybe a few loans out for Bakinson, Janneh, Edwards are all likely assuming we can bring in a couple of quality attacking players.

Bakinson isn't being loaned out according to Tinman. I wouldn't mind us keeping Edwards and Janneh around the first team squad too. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

FWIW - looks like Palmer is on £110k / month at Chelsea on his current contract 

Well, if he wants to play a relevant number of games in a season at a decent level, he's going to have to take a drop in salary as he isn't worth anywhere near that sort of money. He's done nothing to merit it.

He doesn't appear to have that many options from what I can gather either.

22 now and needs to cut the apron strings - or take the money for a year or two (no idea how long his contract runs with Chelsea) and then....well, who knows.

He'd be a decent squad player for us, but not at that money.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Well, if he wants to play a relevant number of games in a season at a decent level, he's going to have to take a drop in salary as he isn't worth anywhere near that sort of money. He's done nothing to merit it.

He doesn't appear to have that many options from what I can gather either.

22 now and needs to cut the apron strings - or take the money for a year or two (no idea how long his contract runs with Chelsea) and then....well, who knows.

He'd be a decent squad player for us, but not at that money.

He’s contracted until 2021

Not sure he will be in a rush to take a drop in wages

He enjoys his holidays and the very best in luxury travel does KP (Who Wouldnt !)

8 minutes ago, Diddlydonkey said:

That’s ducking disgusting!!!

Im amazed people are surprised - I thought it might be a tad more

Palmers not on here but Hector for example on £17k / week

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/chelsea-f.c/payroll/

And here seems pretty conclusive evidence

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/former-huddersfield-town-stars-wages-15228536.amp

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You think £110k a MONTH is baloney ?

£25k a week

i don’t at all - Remember Chelsea gave Tammy a new contract worth £40/50 k a week around the same time 

Also reports of 16/17 yr olds , years away from first team hope having £10/15k a week contracts 

Sorry Bob, I’ve misread the figures. I thought it was £110k per week! That what happens after having a few glasses of Rosè on a Friday night. At least I’m not as bad as Jeremy Clarkson. When he had too many glasses of Rosè he punched a BBC producer and got the sack 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He’s contracted until 2021

Not sure he will be in a rush to take a drop in wages

He enjoys his holidays and the very best in luxury travel does KP (Who Wouldnt !)

And why would he take a drop (unless he's actually interested in a career) when he can clear a million on his current contract ? What then though ?

Sums up the state of football today really. Too much too soon for such little effort.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

£110k a month would look about right

And it was sourced by a Swansea fan from some court case in 2017 when KP had to disclose his earnings

Sportrac had him on £23k per week last season , so £110k per month is in same ball-park.  Kalas was also on £23k according to that site.  Obviously updated since I last looked.

16 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Sorry Bob, I’ve misread the figures. I thought it was £110k per week! That what happens after having a few glasses of Rosè on a Friday night. At least I’m not as bad as Jeremy Clarkson. When he had too many glasses of Rosè he punched a BBC producer and got the sack 

?

Well Sir ..... as you may have clouded your judgement with rose wine ...... and we are talking such wages ..... can we offer you the appropriately named ...... uhmmmmn ..... Danny Drinkwater ...... an absolute steal at only £100 k a week !

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Sportrac had him on £23k per week last season , so £110k per month is in same ball-park.  Kalas was also on £23k according to that site.  Obviously updated since I last looked.

I found the link to the court case Dave and posted above - got done for speeding in Uddersfield and had to disclose wages to court for fine etc

£110k a month

I cannot grasp the enthusiasm here for KP. His loan spell was ok at best, more often from the bench, LJ said he would want him to have a full pre season here with us,  that he has not, so somehow I suspect this is all a bit of fake news.  

I still suspect a Proper  front man  come target man will be here before  the window shuts, either K Moore or Hugill ? LJ has admired both in past. As others have alluded we r blessed with KP type players?

11 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

I cannot grasp the enthusiasm here for KP. His loan spell was ok at best,

All about opinions, I really liked what I saw.  His 2 goals and 1 assist from the equivalent of 6 games, extrapolates as good as any of our strikers....and a highlight reel from 6 games that others would need a full-season to recreate.  I think a “flair player” has been tarred with the “doesn’t work hard” brush unfairly.  Not a Bobby Reid admittedly, but nowhere near a Lee Tomlin either....plus will put a challenge in, unlike a couple of our “leg danglers”!  But I accept others views.

more often from the bench, LJ said he would want him to have a full pre season here with us,  that he has not, so somehow I suspect this is all a bit of fake news.  

Suspect this was two-fold - 1) to get him properly fit, 2) train him how to press, like he did with Bobby.  Re 1) I suspect Chelsea have got him fit, like they did last season, but limited playing time at Blackburn and ourselves won’t have helped his match fitness.  Re 2) that is a shame....not too late, but may take a few weeks to catch-up.  That’s no great shakes in a 8/9 month season.  Will put Paterson and Szmodics on their toes.

I still suspect a Proper  front man  come target man will be here before  the window shuts, either K Moore or Hugill ? LJ has admired both in past. As others have alluded we r blessed with KP type players?

Admired in the past, but the bar to recruit a player has been raised.  Moore has not had much success at this level, albeit in struggling teams.  Hugill, I’m just not a huge fan.  Will be overpriced in terms of combined fee and wages imho.

But we all see it differently, that’s the joy.

Maybe some of the transfers (including others than palmer (are actually waiting on people leaving the squad before we can

I did not imagine palmers wage to be so high - so just shows how much I know

But probably have to trim 2/3 just to get palmer imo

Archived