IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

Well his Twitter profile still has both photos in his City kit. That would be weird in this day & age if he wasn’t always coming back. Plus there were the ‘See you soon’ messages to Dasilva & Kallas.

I would be shocked if this isn’t already a done deal pending Lampard letting him go.

3 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I just don’t understand why we would sign a fringe player from last season or why he would come here.

He was getting 15 mins at best last season towards the end - often when we were chasing a game.

Do we have a plan?

Because he has potential to get 10-12 goals from a deep position.  It’s an area we lack.  Goals.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because he has potential to get 10-12 goals from a deep position.  It’s an area we lack.  Goals.

Potential Dave is what it is 

We can all see flashes of excellent ability

A Total Nine goals in his professional career to date (70 odd appearances)

(almost an identical goals per game ratio as Pato fwiw)

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Potential Dave is what it is 

We can all see flashes of excellent ability

A Total Nine goals in his professional career to date (70 odd appearances)

(almost an identical goals per game ratio as Pato fwiw)

You can’t set me a challenge like that BoB!!

Palmer - Champ only - 68 apps of the equivalent of 32 (90 min) matches, 9 goals, 5 assists (equates to a 13 goal / 7 assist season)

Pato - Champ only - 192 apps of the equivalent of 128 (90 min) matches, 29 goals, 29 assists (equates to 10g / 10a)

So not a lot in it in fairness. ??

Just play them both ?

4321 - Back 4 plus

O’Dowda | Pack | Brownhill

Paterson | Palmer (Szmodics to rotate with both)

Weimann (or new striker)

Play narrow, but full-backs advanced in opposition half...Pack can sit-in til his hearts content.

Ultimately if the fee being talked about is correct and we can get him I think we will. The potential return makes sense on a business level and like it or not buying and selling at profit are part of our strategy. One decent season and he'll be three time that. He could be a bit part/impact player and like Taylor etc and we'd still probably recoup the tranfer fee if we sold him.  

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

You can’t set me a challenge like that BoB!!

Palmer - Champ only - 68 apps of the equivalent of 32 (90 min) matches, 9 goals, 5 assists (equates to a 13 goal / 7 assist season)

Pato - Champ only - 192 apps of the equivalent of 128 (90 min) matches, 29 goals, 29 assists (equates to 10g / 10a)

So not a lot in it in fairness. ??

Just play them both ?

4321 - Back 4 plus

O’Dowda | Pack | Brownhill

Paterson | Palmer (Szmodics to rotate with both)

Weimann (or new striker)

Play narrow, but full-backs advanced in opposition half...Pack can sit-in til his hearts content.

That would be Bold Tbf 

( COD unsurprisingly looks to be going though ((Going by MAs reaction)

6 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Ultimately if the fee being talked about is correct and we can get him I think we will. The potential return makes sense on a business level and like it or not buying and selling at profit are part of our strategy. One decent season and he'll be three time that. He could be a bit part/impact player and like Taylor etc and we'd still probably recoup the tranfer fee if we sold him.  

He wouldn’t sign for us as a ‘ bit part /impact player ‘ . 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

He wouldn’t sign for us as a ‘ bit part /impact player ‘ . 

A 90 minute impact player I would hope.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For those  wanting/ hoping for  Palmer here

Sky reporting Sheff Utd agree fee with the Jacks for Ollie McBurnie

Puts Swansea under pressure to recruit so Palmer may become more vital to them

Was just about to post the same. Sky saying £17m for McBurnie, more than enough to buy Palmer. 

22 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Twitter talk from South Wales Palmer has agreed personal terms with us.

Someone was doubting the voracity of that source earlier though Dave. Sure I read the initial source was a journo offering an opinion rather than actual fact. I guess we’ll find out soon enough now Swans have a deal for McBurnie. 

• Admin
43 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

McBurnie is a striker. So I think Swansea will be looking to replace him. They might need every penny to replace him. 

Was going to say the same. Just because the Swans now have money they will need to re-invest that in replacing McBurnie not another outfield position

52 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Was just about to post the same. Sky saying £17m for McBurnie, more than enough to buy Palmer. 

But it was reported that they had to raise £30m this summer just to stabilize their finances so, although they have shipped out some high earners, they may not be in a position to spend what they have raised.

41 minutes ago, chinapig said:

But it was reported that they had to raise £30m this summer just to stabilize their finances so, although they have shipped out some high earners, they may not be in a position to spend what they have raised.

Yes, I believe that their owners have undertaken a major cost cutting exercise so I doubt their new HC will get all of the McBurnie money.

I still don't see Palmer coming here, he wanted to see if he had a chance at FLC and I understand why, but time has moved on and I would be surprised if we were actually in for him, notwithstanding MA's comments on Monday. 

I believe that the reason that LJ wanted Kasey here for the full preseason was yes of course to try to improve his fitness/stamina but so that the team shape could be fashioned around him.

The problem that LJ had with Kasey last season was that he had to try to fit him into the established shape which was serving us pretty well - especially away from home. Thus when Kasey started matches, we seldom saw the very best of him and instead he became preferred by LJ as a game changer from the bench. 

If he signs it’ll be as a regular starter, I’m sure but that will mean adapting our team shape to put Kasey at its heart. It may therefore that we won’t appear particularly slick from the start of the season until the coaching team can instill new patterns of play but I’m convinced that LJ sees Kasey as the kingpin of our team around which everything will revolve (with Szmodics as his backup). 

6 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Anyone else notice that Semenyo was wearing number 45 on his training kit in the US but yesterday he had 24 on ?

Holy sh*t you're right! That's it, it must be true now... what we've all been waiting for... 

Welcome Kieffer Moore 

On 05/07/2019 at 20:03, The hand of RO'D said:

Sincere apologies guys but it seems I was fed a bowl of bullshit on regards to the KP transfer. 

The same source as the Morrell rumour which I posted in May told me this was a done deal. Unsure why the BS this time round but perhaps they weren't too happy about me posting it on here. God knows. 

Anyway I can only apologise to anyone who had their hopes up due to my posts and I'll make sure I'm a bit more wary in the future. 

Looks like he's finally signing and my source hangs on by the skin of their teeth! 

Archived