IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

4 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Was just about to post the same. Sky saying £17m for McBurnie, more than enough to buy Palmer. 

Swansea's new owners love pocketing money

1 minute ago, WarksRobin said:

Someone keep an eye on the roofline at the stadium

Anyone got a drone?

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Dooooooooooooooooooone. 

Medical permitting, but he did only pass one with us in January ?‍♂️

If Webster departure is imminent, perhaps a hold on announcing to do Palmer and Clarke (:fingerscrossed:) together after Webby leaves?

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Pato off? Or an admission of defeat in the search for a proven striker? Hopefully the former. Nothing against Pato but he’s surely now third choice CAM now. 

But what choice on the left wing? Given Eliasson often plays RW if Weimann is playing upfront.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

But what choice on the left wing? Given Eliasson often plays RW if Weimann is playing upfront.

True. But we can’t just keep adding and adding without anyone moving on. I guess the COD situation makes it tricky at the moment. 

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Don't see the point of this one but hey ho, unlucky Szmodics

Will probably mean less game time but at the same time could be better for us, less pressure on him in the sense its not just him as an option in that position but more pressure in that he has to perform to keep the slot when he has it to not lose it to Palmer.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Don't see the point of this one but hey ho, unlucky Szmodics

I think we need to stay cool on Szmodics...he's a young'un jumping up two divisions. He's done well in pre-season, but against lower opposition.

Can't rely on him to be a hit from day one and stay consistent all-season.

The management team like KP's versatility, he can play all across the front line don't forget...

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

True. But we can’t just keep adding and adding without anyone moving on. I guess the COD situation makes it tricky at the moment. 

Well he's got 2 years left on him contract, unless someone comes in for him could be hard moving him on

Just now, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Pato uptop? played some of our best football with him uptop with Reid

If we go from ‘bringing in a proven number nine’ to Pato being our striker within 24 hours then god help us!

We really, desperately need some quality up top and for me that means a natural finisher. 

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

The thing about Eliasson.

To what extent can he come inside and rotate- he's a fine player but to what extent does he fit the style? Not talking technically and he's clearly better than Diedhiou in terms of an easy fit with the style, but I wonder if it gives us options or makes us a bit lopsided- the fact he puts in quite a lot of crosses, is he a more traditional winger or a modern one?

I still think LJ has a bit of a split of style in how he wants us to play.

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think we need to stay cool on Szmodics...he's a young'un jumping up two divisions. He's done well in pre-season, but against lower opposition.

Can't rely on him to be a hit from day one and stay consistent all-season.

The management team like KP's versatility, he can play all across the front line don't forget...

SUpporters page say there’s another signing. isn’t it Clarke from Brighton?

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The thing about Eliasson.

To what extent can he come inside and rotate- he's a fine player but to what extent does he fit the style? Not talking technically and he's clearly better than Diedhiou in terms of an easy fit with the style, but I wonder if it gives us options or makes us a bit lopsided- the fact he puts in quite a lot of crosses, is he a more traditional winger or a modern one?

Think we like him on the right as he can cut in and get a shot off, from what I've seen he more does curling shots than bullet's like Bryan which you need on the left with a left footed shot to beat the keeper.

Archived