IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

********* City

Have a load of trees and bushes that need cutting and was meant to do it Monday

Popped on OTIB this morning to see the latest , and 3 days in and still trees and bushes remain in uncut condition

And still 7 days and about 6/7/8  ins n outs to keep an eye out for

:laughcont: 

And The Ashes start tomorrow - there’s a crisis looming !

Be very disappointed if it’s another loan. He need to find somewhere to settle and the more of our squad that’s settled the better.

I’d assumed permanent based on the South Wales press saying the stumbling block to Swansea was that the player wanted a permanent move. 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

********* City

Popped on OTIB this morning to see the latest , and 3 days in and still trees and bushes remain in uncut condition

I've loads of stuff that I should be doing… hurry up Kasey…:punish:

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

********* City

Should always make time to trim the bush . :yes:

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Be very disappointed if it’s another loan. He need to find somewhere to settle and the more of our squad that’s settled the better.

I’d assumed permanent based on the South Wales press saying the stumbling block to Swansea was that the player wanted a permanent move. 

McGregors article indicates it’s permanent 

Could KP be pushed right up next to Fam with some coaching? He obviously likes to float outside the box, and at times last season he was too deep at times in which to be effective. He's the type of player that needs the ball into his feet in and around the box, and a player that opposing teams will hate to see in their 18 yard box with the ball under close control. 

Wonder if that's why Johnson wanted him earlier, so he could work with him in the same way he did with Reid. KP is quite slight too, so it wouldn't have surprised me if our staff would get him on the 'Taylor Moore' muscle mass program! Remember how much stronger Reid was after that pre-season before his stand out campaign? He had a ridiculous increase in muscle mass and was so strong with his back to defenders.

Hmmm. 

7 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Could KP be pushed right up next to Fam with some coaching? He obviously likes to float outside the box, and at times last season he was too deep at times in which to be effective. He's the type of player that needs the ball into his feet in and around the box, and a player that opposing teams will hate to see in their 18 yard box with the ball under close control. 

Wonder if that's why Johnson wanted him earlier, so he could work with him in the same way he did with Reid. KP is quite slight too, so it wouldn't have surprised me if our staff would get him on the 'Taylor Moore' muscle mass program! Remember how much stronger Reid was after that pre-season before his stand out campaign? He had a ridiculous increase in muscle mass and was so strong with his back to defenders.

Hmmm. 

I'd really like to see this too, I wonder if he's pushed so far up top he'll no longer have to worry about any midfield duties and purely focus on attacking. I think this will help his game 

1 minute ago, Banjo Island said:

What a total bargain kalas da silva and palmer for circa  £12 million fantastic value for money 

All 3 for rather less than we got for Kelly. Of course you have to take into account agents fees, signing on fees and wages but remarkable nevertheless.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

I'd really like to see this to, I wonder if he's pushed so far up top he'll no longer have to worry about any midfield duties and purely focus on attacking. I think this will help his game 

He has quick feet as we know, and if he's playing that high up the pitch and spending a lot of time inside the opposition box, another possible bonus is that he may well draw fouls and win penalties.

(And before Rudolph gets in first, I'll say it: we all know Kasey likes to spend a lot of time in the box...) 

32 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Hmmm. 

Unsure about how well that style works, how well they feed off each other when it comes to Palmer-Diedhiou and I thought the same about Paterson-Diedhiou tbh.

Now Palmer right up behind Weimann...that could be very interesting. Or an O'Dowda/Eliasson-Weimann-Palmer front 3, all dipping in, out, movement, switching positions...

4 minutes ago, pigeon said:

Happy to see KP back (if it happens), but I really hope we're not thinking that he's the goal scorer/finisher that we desperately need...

He may not be but he'll create an absolute ton of chances if he's given a full season. He's very very good at getting the ball moving 

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

He may not be but he'll create an absolute ton of chances if he's given a full season. He's very very good at getting the ball moving 

100% agree Sturny, he gives us something that we currently don't have. Just hope we find him a number 9 to finish the chances that he creates

47 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Does LJ think he can turn KP into a 9 and a half, like he did with Bobby?

He didn’t get that much game time compared to Kalas and later Dasilva. We found it difficult to fit Palmer into games, and the couple he did start I expected more ( rather like Taylor).

Unless we have a different plan, which seems a bit weird as only recently have rumours emerged we were in for him and he wasn’t going to Swansea, so late in the preseason to be thinking of building a team around him? A talent yes, but an afterthought? I hope we aren’t spending over the odds on him as I’m still undecided. We launched him into hero status with his song but I think we were a bit premature, he didn’t fully show himself off in my opinion. Surprised we are back for him unless the price is too good to refuse.

28 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Hmmm. 

Been giggling like a school kid reading this

I am 45

?

Archived