IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

12 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

So we picked up kp from an unsuccessful loan at blackburn they had dack amongst others so he didnt really play alot , so we took him on loan , lj loves paterson so picked him regardless of form hiding behind the kp's not fit enough and needs a full pre season with city excuse .... lj signs szmodics to rival pato, semenyo in the free role number "10" , so a few days before the season starts lj is looking to sign a player he hardly played and has no time to get fit (his own words) for prob £3.5 mill , after already signing szmodics ? 

Maybe im losng the plot but i swear we need a STRIKER !!!!!

And ............breathe ......

**** me , I had a seizure trying to follow that .......

Clubs in the bag innit :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

So we picked up kp from an unsuccessful loan at blackburn they had dack amongst others so he didnt really play alot , so we took him on loan , lj loves paterson so picked him regardless of form hiding behind the kp's not fit enough and needs a full pre season with city excuse .... lj signs szmodics to rival pato, semenyo in the free role number "10" , so a few days before the season starts lj is looking to sign a player he hardly played and has no time to get fit (his own words) for prob £3.5 mill , after already signing szmodics ? 

We do need a striker but christ calm down mate give yourself a heart attack,in lee we trust at least until the end of August then we can boooooo ?

24 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Agree a striker necessary, 

However Palmer if put behind the right player- I don't mean Diedhiou- could create more and goals could flow from more creativity from a specific tactical tweak. More than one way to reach the end point. Palmer-Weimann I think could be a goer.

Anyone else think we are due a 9pm announcement? Club seems to be active on Twitter today and tweets are either on the hour or half hour. Very similar to the Bentley and Kalas announcements. 

Also the club strangely tweeted the other evening about “9pm you know what that means” or something along those lines, albeit it was completely unrelated to football.

If you saw the Kalas video where the club recorded the timings of the various stages of the deal it said the photo shoot was completed around 2:30pm.

Anyone near the ground earlier?

13 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I swear what we need is to score more goals.

2 seasons ago it wasn't signing an expensive, proven at this level striker that gave us more goals , it was utilising an existing player, that no one saw as other than a middling midfielder, and playing a different style that achieved that end. 

Im not saying we won't bring in a striker ( I happen to think we will if the right player is available), but it might be changing our playing style a little and using players ( perhaps Szmodics and/or Palmer) differently than expected that might do the same as happened with Bobby Reid.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agree a striker necessary, 

However Palmer if put behind the right player- I don't mean Diedhiou- could create more and goals could flow from more creativity from a specific tactical tweak. More than one way to reach the end point.

It could be that he and Fam didn’t work together as a combination  and that restricted his opportunities. Now if there was an offer for Fam then that may have opened the door to Kasey again ?

38 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Lots saying a season long loan ?

Really?  Thought KP wanted a permanent deal?

Lots of clubs are loaning with mandatory fee at the end so the fee goes on next seasons books, perhaps we want to 'bank' the transfer fees from this season or if we are buying a couple more a good relationship with Chelsea is allowing us to delay payment by 12 months so we can spend more on the others.

15 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I swear what we need is to score more goals.

2 seasons ago it wasn't signing an expensive, proven at this level striker that gave us more goals , it was utilising an existing player, that no one saw as other than a middling midfielder, and playing a different style that achieved that end. 

Im not saying we won't bring in a striker ( I happen to think we will if the right player is available), but it might be changing our playing style a little and using players ( perhaps Szmodics and/or Palmer) differently than expected that might do the same as happened with Bobby Reid.

Ummm some of us thought Reid could do a job and got shouted down 

20 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Anyone else think we are due a 9pm announcement? Club seems to be active on Twitter today and tweets are either on the hour or half hour. Very similar to the Bentley and Kalas announcements. 

Also the club strangely tweeted the other evening about “9pm you know what that means” or something along those lines, albeit it was completely unrelated to football.

If you saw the Kalas video where the club recorded the timings of the various stages of the deal it said the photo shoot was completed around 2:30pm.

Anyone near the ground earlier?

Maybe we are going to get an arty shot of Kasey on the roof at Sunset ?

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

I like this signing. Clearly got potential , needs application and right attitude , but has excellent technical skills. Can make a difference in games. 

Agreed. A cut above, makes things happen. Didn't get the game time in his loan spell.

My concern watching preseason matches has been our reliance on crosses into the box, which have been very hit and miss, and over-reliant on Elliason playing a blinder...what KP would offer is the possibility of unlocking defences with what LJ and his Dad delight in calling 'a bit of quality in the box.'

23 minutes ago, hodge said:

Lots of clubs are loaning with mandatory fee at the end so the fee goes on next seasons books, perhaps we want to 'bank' the transfer fees from this season or if we are buying a couple more a good relationship with Chelsea is allowing us to delay payment by 12 months so we can spend more on the others.

Would make a lot of sense as it wouldn't effect our funds for a striker, what would chelsea be getting out of it though?

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Would make a lot of sense as it wouldn't effect our funds for a striker, what would chelsea be getting out of it though?

They can't spend any more this summer anyway, so they get his wages off their books this summer and then get the cash for the deal when they can start spending again, they have a lot of money but you figure they'll come out big next summer to try and make up for not signing (many) players this window

A small loan fee as well. The loan with obligation to buy is basically being used like a credit card now. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

They can't spend any more this summer anyway, so they get his wages off their books this summer and then get the cash for the deal when they can start spending again, they have a lot of money but you figure they'll come out big next summer to try and make up for not signing (many) players this window

Or do they want us to take one of their youngsters as well that they are struggling to place?

1 hour ago, xerox6060 said:

Yes i'm more than happy to have him back and lets see if LJ can work some magic and get this boy performing as he's obviously got it in his locker....but we got to a get a striker !

I think LJ could work his magic by playing  him regularly instead of the light weight Paterson.

2 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Still saying on sky sports that it’s a loan...

I thought the reason he rejected Swansea was because they wanted total him on loan, but he wanted more commitment from the club?

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I thought the reason he rejected Swansea was because they wanted total him on loan, but he wanted more commitment from the club?

Maybe they only wanted the option to buy if they got promoted - maybe we intend on buying regardless of our league status next season? 

2 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Maybe they only wanted the option to buy if they got promoted - maybe we intend on buying regardless of our league status next season? 

That was exactly it, a loan that would only become permanent if they were promoted.

9 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

If so , then for both Chelsea and Palmer we have a proven track record in that respect with Dasilva.

So will he be announced tonight, if the medical was today and he arrived at the ground this afternoon I assume it's ready to announce?

It probably takes the media team 3 days to make the welcome video so announcement held off untill Saturday :)

Archived