IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

11 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Doddle when u pay the going rate .....

How much in fee and wages for what player from what club and can you guarantee that a striker of the kind you infer would want to join us? It is not some Fantasy Football league we are operating in.

I guess I am going to have to post this link for a fourth time as some seem to find it hard to grasp the reality of the transfer market. Note the continuing shortage of quality strikers being signed. Because there aren't many of them for starters but if it's a doddle why isn't every club doing it?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I doubt it, and will be via, social media if so. Our media team seem to have little interest in the OS these days. 

Robbored will never believe it then!

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

So chinapig which of the 3 do u play with fammy ? Pato , ss , kp .......

You haven't answered my questions but my answer to yours is that I'll wait for the window to close before making a judgement. Though my general preference is for a narrow 3 behind a striker, it would depend on the personnel we have at that point.

So Palmer is joining on loan. All seems to make sense now. He preferred move to Swansea because they offered him permanent, but then they didn't so he chose us on loan instead of Swansea. Think it's for the best with a buy clause at end of season.

4 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I do find the timing of this signing odd, LJ was banging on about wishing he had a pre-season with KP to get him to the fitness levels required to play in one of his teams, yet signs him when pre-season is finished?

Don't get me wrong, think Palmer is a cracking player and think £3.5million is a steal for someone of his ability. Cannot see him not starting a lot at the start of the season with these previous comments from LJ, maybe LJ has some sort of training programme in mind for him?

Pretty sure KP will be fit.  Did a pre-pre-season stint at Jamie Lawrence’s gym (similar to ‘back to action”), and been through a full pre-season with Chelsea.

What Lee won’t have had chance to do is drill him in the way he wants him to play thus season.  Might be a few weeks before he’s unleashed.  We’ll see.

At £3.0-3.5m, this is a snip.  

What we need Kasey to do next is allow himself to be coached to ensure we are  getting his unquestioned talent on the pitch....and him taking advantage of being settled.  That might be a bigger thing for someone like him with a young family.  He seems a mature guy off the pitch.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Pretty sure KP will be fit.  Did a pre-pre-season stint at Jamie Lawrence’s gym (similar to ‘back to action”), and been through a full pre-season with Chelsea.

What Lee won’t have had chance to do is drill him in the way he wants him to play thus season.  Might be a few weeks before he’s unleashed.  We’ll see.

What we need Kasey to do next is allow himself to be coached to ensure we are  getting his unquestioned talent on the pitch....and him taking advantage of being settled.  That might be a bigger thing for someone like him with a young family.  He seems a mature guy off the pitch.

So only catching up now of the last four posts you suggest this is permanent at 3m someone else says it’s a loan...can someone confirm please?

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

So only catching up now of the last four posts you suggest this is permanent at 3m someone else says it’s a loan...can someone confirm please?

I’ve been out all day fending off Seagulls (no, I’m not with MA at the Amex - your pun BBSB ?).  Trying to skim read a days worth of posts, so no idea really ???

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

From Bristol Live:

As we understand it: Palmer will be joining Bristol City on a permanent deal for a fee of around £3.5m.

That may have swung things in City’s favour after interest from Swansea City too. Unless something drastic changes, it should be a third permanent signing from Chelsea this summer.

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

From Bristol Live:

As we understand it: Palmer will be joining Bristol City on a permanent deal for a fee of around £3.5m.

That may have swung things in City’s favour after interest from Swansea City too. Unless something drastic changes, it should be a third permanent signing from Chelsea this summer.

Kid in the riot said he was signed not long after Gregor already announced it,don’t trust Greg but kitr is pretty reliable 

53 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

So will he be announced tonight, if the medical was today and he arrived at the ground this afternoon I assume it's ready to announce?

Anyone checked the roof of the south stand?

33 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You haven't answered my questions but my answer to yours is that I'll wait for the window to close before making a judgement. Though my general preference is for a narrow 3 behind a striker, it would depend on the personnel we have at that point.

So not answering my question .....

Anyway what was your question to me chinapig all i saw was a link aimed at proving a lack of strikers signed opened it and seen zahore straight away £8.1mill i think .... 

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve been out all day fending off Seagulls (no, I’m not with MA at the Amex - your pun BBSB ?).  Trying to skim read a days worth of posts, so no idea really ???

It's honestly been one of the best days on the forum for weeks. Get yourself to the "Our wage structure" and "Kid in the Riot" threads asap.

BRISTOL LIVE reports.. 

Kasey Palmer deal details

Update from our City reporter...As we understand it: Palmer will be joining Bristol City on a permanent deal for a fee of around £3.5m.

Sorry didn't see previous same post

12 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

So not answering my question .....

Anyway what was your question to me chinapig all i saw was a link aimed at proving a lack of strikers signed opened it and seen zahore straight away £8.1mill i think .... 

Re-read my post. Clue: the questions end with one of these: ?

So from the entire Championship you refer to one, whom Cardiff were happy to let go at a premium price to WBA, a promotion rival who had lost 3 strikers with Premier League experience. Again, if it's a doddle to sign strikers, why hasn't every club signed at least one proven one?

2 minutes ago, flipflopcity said:

BRISTOL LIVE reports.. 

Kasey Palmer deal details

Update from our City reporter...As we understand it: Palmer will be joining Bristol City on a permanent deal for a fee of around £3.5m.

Yes, yes, but Sky are saying its a loan deal.........they must be right - or the world order will be wrong.

AAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

You make a number of good points. To reiterate one of them, it was coaching time  rather than fitness work that LJ wanted a pre-season with Kasey for. 

Good to see your holiday doesn’t  keep you away from here for long ? 

Archived