IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

“Kasey has made big sacrifices to come here and we truly believe Bristol City and Kasey will be a fantastic match moving forward.” LJ

Could somebody tell me the big sacrifices he has made? This isn't Swansea, not the nicest place on the planet.

How much did he play for us when he was here. Full season stats which includes elsewhere show only 1172 minutes played - 13 full games.

Sorry I'm underwhelmed and if I was Szmodics I'd be feeling a bit ***sed off.

Forgive me but you don’t recognise a talented footballer when you see one .

This lad is only 22 and can already do things most players can only dream of.

He will improve and be a pivotal figure in our ( or Aston Villa’s ) future.

Szmodics is not necessarily going to play in the same position as KP and who’s to say that they won’t both be in the team.

Sammy knows the level he needs to be at so this could drive him on.

40 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

How nice to hear that. Very serious about his career and how he can improve but also lovely to hear that his families’ happiness/stability is so important to him. DNA checked firmly passed IMHO. 

Welcome back Kasey. 

Yeah - really impressed by how well he comes across in the interview and how much he is emphasising that he wants to settle for the long-term. If he fulfils his potential then he will be a superb signing. 

53 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

You are an articulate and intelligent poster but If I had presented that to my FA assessor as an example of playing philosophy I think he would have chucked it back at me and asked if I wanted to pass or not. 

I won’t say I know anything about how an FA assessor would view that. I would say the English FA(or the coaches in England)seems to be catching up with the rest of the world in terms of tactics and creativity. Perhaps LJ is just ahead of the curve in what I have posted. 

I have no clue honestly just an opinion on how I view what our squad looks like and perhaps how LJ thinks. 

The reason I mentioned tactics was as some have said it does look a melange of players that don’t necessarily fit together. That said I believe Palmer is better than any other attacking player we have so I don’t think we should worry about how he fits. Think he fits just by being gifted

16 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Kid in the riot said he was signed not long after Gregor already announced it, don’t trust Greg but kitr is pretty reliable 

I understand what you mean, but that is probably a bit unfair on GregMacGreg.

Articles from his colleagues appear frequently to be nothing but embarrassingly inaccurate waffle, but I get the feeling GregmacGreg is closer to the club, and I have certainly no reason to feel that I am unable to trust him.

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I won’t say I know anything about how an FA assessor would view that. I would say the English FA(or the coaches in England)seems to be catching up with the rest of the world in terms of tactics and creativity. Perhaps LJ is just ahead of the curve in what I have posted. 

I have no clue honestly just an opinion on how I view what our squad looks like and perhaps how LJ thinks. 

The reason I mentioned tactics was as some have said it does look a melange of players that don’t necessarily fit together. That said I believe Palmer is better than any other attacking player we have so I don’t think we should worry about how he fits. Think he fits just by being gifted

FA assessors use a modern framework that differs little to their counterparts abroad which means qualifications and approaches cross national boundaries.

The paragraph I highlighted is not a modern approach, its haphazard and ill defined. A modern approach is that there is always a future game in mind. All actions lead to that future game. Each season is a periodized step to the next step, its logical and planned and driven by an ever present coaching and playing philosophy that differs little season to season in its quest to reach that future.

The squad after seasons should never be a melange (wonderful word) of players. That is the scenario the very successful are/and have moved away from. 

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure our squad is exactly huge. A few of the ‘first team’ squad are a long way from being contenders for regular first team action and you’d be looking at the next couple of years for their development to either serious first team contention or moving on  

Theres a couple I’d be looking to move on if we get enough cover in their positions but it’s hardly enormous by modern standards. 

Definitely unbalanced in places though. Quite disappointed that we seemingly didn’t consider CM a key area to improve on significantly. 

The inability to upgrade Pack hopefully won't come back to bite us on the back.

15 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

FA assessors use a modern framework that differs little to their counterparts abroad which means qualifications and approaches cross national boundaries.

The paragraph I highlighted is not a modern approach, its haphazard and ill defined. A modern approach is that there is always a future game in mind. All actions lead to that future game. Each season is a periodized step to the next step, its logical and planned and driven by an ever present coaching and playing philosophy that differs little season to season in its quest to reach that future.

The squad after seasons should never be a melange (wonderful word) of players. That is the scenario the very successful are/and have moved away from. 

Have no more likes but thanks. Is an interesting thought for me. Have been thinking about reading up a bit more about football, tactics and other football related topics. 

Most of my opinions are formed with my knowledge of other sports. Football was probably fourth on my list of sports I played and watched in my years growing up. So always open to expanding my knowledge on it

A loan deal would with possibility of a permanent move next summer would have been my preference but all the best to Kasey and his future in football.

With Paterson, Niklas, Sammy, Callum and Weimann I think we have enough creativity to back up our lone striker Fam who only score from inside the penalty area.

We need another Fam if anything.  

On a sunny day in Guernsey anything can happen though.

8 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Very good signing for us, I think he could be the key to getting the most out of pacy players like Weiman, Elliason, Semenyo, Da Silva and O'Dowda if he stays.

With the quality which is being assembled within this squad I wonder whether Callum will think that signing a new contract so that he can be a full part of it may be in his best interests after all?

22 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

With the quality which is being assembled within this squad I wonder whether Callum will think that signing a new contract so that he can be a full part of it may be in his best interests after all?

I reckon he will be off after Sunday

To Leeds 

Archived