IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

49 minutes ago, Trueredsupporter said:

nah nibbler supporters should always expect payers to be up for it. bloke stood off opponents giving them an easy ride.

Pretty clear to anybody paying attention that the effort was there today, he was chasing down ahead of Fam many times.  The end product wasn't there but for someone whose job is to play through balls and create the long balls over his head to a static front line is a bit of a disadvantage to say the least. 

One of our better performers the few times he had the ball. When we actually took Leeds in the first half hour he was our most creative player. He got around everywhere too, looks a lot fitter than last season.

As for being lazy, he nipped in ahead of his man a number of times to nick the ball back so unless I got lucky and only remember the single moments where he played well I’ll respectfully disagree.

6 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I don't think he's a number 10 would be better in a 3 man midfield, today we didn't play him to his strengths, he worked hard and did close down, but having him do this takes away the creative side of his game which we so needed today,

I think there's almost no difference between playing 10 and playing at the head of a three man midfield.  But in either case if you're a player who is in the side to pick a pass but the ball is going over your head most of the time, and on the rare occasion you get it to feet nobody ahead of you is making runs, it's going to be unproductive.

20 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

He hasn't perfected the art of when to release the ball and when to keep dribbling. This is probably why he's playing for Bristol City and not in and around the Chelsea team.

He is very loathe to play simply and backwards hence he lost possession so frequently and freely. There was a period in the first half where he was disposed six times out of six because he was hanging onto the ball taking five and six touches when one or two would have retained possession.

Out of possession he appears to not understand where to position himself in City's midfield block. He was showing players inside instead of outside allowing Leeds to play out easily. 

How was he meant to get in the game when the ball was flying over his head to a solitary forward ? He had a couple of good runs, but saw little of the ball, when he did have it, what were his options, we were so static no one was pushing forward or making themselves available.

Worst, why are we playing him as a CM ? 

Wasn't really impressed with him I have to be honest. Lost the ball cheaply far too often, got booked and seemed to lose his head before being subbed.

A bad day at the office? I hope so. He looks like there is something in him to be unlocked, but not in that position/role he played today. 

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

How was he meant to get in the game when the ball was flying over his head to a solitary forward ? 

By having more appreciation of the possession, and possession played to feet he did have.

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

what were his options, we were so static no one was pushing forward or making themselves available.

He had options repeatedly but his decision making was consistently poor..The player was one dimensional attempting to penetrate rather than bring team mates into play - Go backwards to go forwards. He controls that.

16 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Worst, why are we playing him as a CM ? 

Why is he playing at all? How does he fit in with the team? 

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

By having more appreciation of the possession, and possession played to feet he did have.

He had options repeatedly but his decision making was consistently poor..The player was one dimensional attempting to penetrate rather than bring team mates into play - Go backwards to go forwards. He controls that.

He had a poor and ineffective game.

What's the point in him being in the team with an immobile lump in front of him ?

At the risk of repeating myself, the team were not properly prepared for this game by LJ.

Down to him 100%.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

He had a poor and ineffective game.

What's the point in him being in the team with an immobile lump in front of him ?

At the risk of repeating myself, the team were not properly prepared for this game by LJ.

Down to him 100%.

Famaras mobility does not affect Palmers inability to find one of his other team mates with the ball  or his decision to hang onto to possession taking too many touches till dispossessed.

Bristol City have had an extended look at this player in its XI, his wastefulness in possession was a theme previously. 

Again I would ask how will this player fit in with the team? 

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Famaras mobility does not affect Palmers inability to find one of his other team mates with the ball  or his decision to hang onto to possession taking too many touches till dispossessed.

Bristol City have had an extended look at this player in its XI, his wastefulness in possession was a theme previously. 

Again I would ask how will this player fit in with the team? 

Your last sentence is the interesting one....he needs to adapt in terms of defensive work rate and releasing the ball quicker....if he doesnt do that he wont play regularly.

3 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Out of interest, what did you make of Brownhill’s performance today?

I had hoped that Palmer and Sammie being signed would see the back of Paterson. What he offers to the team I cannot see. He is lightweight , has no real pace and little impact on a game as he showed yesterday. But however poor he is LJ has him in. What sort of message does it send out to players who get stuck in and work hard.

It's our formation that was the problem not him. The amount of times he had the ball in the middle and only had Fammy in front of him being marked by a defender. I said before he is a good signing but LJ needs to find a formation to get the best out of him. Certainly wasn't yesterday!

Archived