IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Been saying all summer I reckon we are signing all three Chelsea boys (heart ruling head), and will be fantastic recruitment if so.  Been lots of wobbles along the way, but LJ’s “trust me” Statement the other week was it for me.

Watch it NOT be Palmer now!!

If Palmer does come in do yo think it will be a loan or permanent?

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Paterson is just not consistent enough. Unless one considers him consistently poor!

He is one of three or four who need to be moved out and replaced if we are to make a real go for promotion.

No we should keep Paterson imo. Great bench option and good spot starter. Szmodics needs some time to bed in. We will need everyone this season I think. Got a feeling we may be pressing a bit more and utilising the squad to keep fatigue at bay. Paterson is a midtable type player and as a rotation player for a top side imo. Need to move on the likes of Taylor, Watkins, Baker and Walsh before a Paterson. 

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No we should keep Paterson imo. Great bench option and good spot starter. Szmodics needs some time to bed in. We will need everyone this season I think. Got a feeling we may be pressing a bit more and utilising the squad to keep fatigue at bay. Paterson is a midtable type player and as a rotation player for a top side imo. Need to move on the likes of Taylor, Watkins, Baker and Walsh before a Paterson. 

Though I'm not so sold on shifting Walsh yet, but agree with the overall point.

Optimistic though I am about moving forward and after this summer, if it isn't a true and bona fide '3' in the centre then I fear we may not hit our maximum, as a team. A '3' is certainly suitable for Walsh to slot into IMO.

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Though I'm not so sold on shifting Walsh yet, but agree with the overall point.

Optimistic though I am about moving forward and after this summer, if it isn't a true and bona fide '3' in the centre then I fear we may not hit our maximum, as a team. A '3' is certainly suitable for Walsh to slot into IMO.

Need to see more effort from Walsh. You’d think being smaller and not the quickest he’d put in more work getting quicker and stronger to maximise his technical ability. Have not seen it as of yet which is a shame. Think that mid season injury set him back though. 

Just think with our squad getting bigger it is time to be more ruthless. Rewards those working like Morrell and Eliasson. Start cutting the coasters like Taylor Moore and possibly Walsh. 

Can’t see any championship team moving for Pato, better left here as they all know they can drift past him with ease without fear of an interception and he is almost guaranteed to start!

I would love to see Palmer come in fit and up for the challenge, can’t really offer anything on Watkins, not seen him play more than a few minutes for us, think there has to be a player in there somewhere.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Paterson is good when the team are playing well but when the going gets tough, he is non existent. 

4 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

I agree @Davefevs but an interesting one as he wasn’t exactly used much last season...maybe lj changing style to fit him in next season

It’s an interesting one isn’t it? At the end of last season I was pretty sure Palmer didn’t get enough “minutes” to be coming back

However, you could read the situation as Johnson got him on loan because there was something he liked, probably in the stats. He played him because he is that talented but doesn’t think he is the finished article in a well drilled team so used him sparingly.

In the old Team / Task / Individual management model Johnson was task focused as we had a shout at the playoffs and it was about getting the job done.

That isn’t to say that if he could get Palmer back and spend time to develop the individual, he wouldn’t back himself to turn Palmer into a world beater. 

Lots of LJ comments about the team missing Wieman’s intelligent runs, players who can pick a pass, etc. that makes me think Johnson craves a creative player like this. 

For my part, I hope so because I think Palmer is a class apart. Lots of stuff he doesn’t do but there is something special there.

7 hours ago, fairweather said:

It’s an interesting one isn’t it? At the end of last season I was pretty sure Palmer didn’t get enough “minutes” to be coming back

However, you could read the situation as Johnson got him on loan because there was something he liked, probably in the stats. He played him because he is that talented but doesn’t think he is the finished article in a well drilled team so used him sparingly.

In the old Team / Task / Individual management model Johnson was task focused as we had a shout at the playoffs and it was about getting the job done.

That isn’t to say that if he could get Palmer back and spend time to develop the individual, he wouldn’t back himself to turn Palmer into a world beater. 

Lots of LJ comments about the team missing Wieman’s intelligent runs, players who can pick a pass, etc. that makes me think Johnson craves a creative player like this. 

For my part, I hope so because I think Palmer is a class apart. Lots of stuff he doesn’t do but there is something special there.

Looking at the personnel brought in and those being touted, and compare to players we had 2-3 seasons ago it appears that LJ is looking at players who are good technically but also have good stamina and work hard. A lot of pace and strength not only to keep hold of the ball and pass but are comfortable in possession and ability to impose LJs style on opponents

How quickly we get the ball back out of possession is important to him and he is not only trying to press sides but also when we get pressed having players who are technically capable to break the press and play through teams

He in my opinion is also looking at players who can break teams down when they park the bus 

Archived