Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

The hand of RO'D

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think all I hear about Moore is a very willing runner - so short answer is yes. Interestingly in game 3 Matty Taylor played the “big man” role which plays to your theory...

Watkins in Game 1....no more willing than him!

22 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Very shadow squad.

Am sure super Frank these were fringe players he wanted to look at before making a decision about their futures 

Agree with above we've moved on from him now 

If he’s in Chelsea’s plans for next season they must be aiming high. If I was a betting man I’d have a few quid on them doing the treble!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, swanker said:

If he’s in Chelsea’s plans for next season they must be aiming high. If I was a betting man I’d have a few quid on them doing the treble!

If you were a betting man I’d wanna be your bookie. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

38 minutes ago, swanker said:

Sarcasm - how refreshing !

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Am sure super Frank these were fringe players he wanted to look at before making a decision about their futures 

Agree with above we've moved on from him now 

Yes, and if you were Kasey, and were given a slim chance to make it at Chelsea, you’d probably give it a whirl.  I know we triggered an option on Jay, but I’m still a bit surprised be got the deal done.  Perhaps the fact that Chelsea had agreed a deal with us, showed him that his future was not with Chelsea.  Palmer still clinging to that hope, and good luck to him.

Could still end up here on loan by August, but he will have allowed the likes of Sammie Szmodics to have stolen a march on him.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Sarcasm - how refreshing !

Lowest form of wit apparently? Seriously though, if I was a Chelsea supporter I’d be worried about the coming season if Palmer was in the first team plans! As good as some think he is, he wasn’t a first team starter for us or Blackburn. 

Edited by swanker

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, and if you were Kasey, and were given a slim chance to make it at Chelsea, you’d probably give it a whirl.  I know we triggered an option on Jay, but I’m still a bit surprised be got the deal done.  Perhaps the fact that Chelsea had agreed a deal with us, showed him that his future was not with Chelsea.  Palmer still clinging to that hope, and good luck to him.

Could still end up here on loan by August, but he will have allowed the likes of Sammie Szmodics to have stolen a march on him.

@Davefevs

After seeing Szmodics so far, he has a bit of the touch of the Bobby Reid about him; and you can see where LJ is going for next season.

I can't see where Palmer fits into the plan. If he was to come, I can't see him being on the starting 11; only a continued option off the bench.

No surprise to me therefore, that he's decided to try again at Chelsea. Shame as he was something different for us, but as always we move on.

Edited by ncnsbcfc

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

@Davefevs

After seeing Szmodics so far, he has a bit of the touch of the Bobby Reid about him; and you can see where LJ is going for next season.

I can't see where Palmer fits into the plan. If he was to come, I can't see him being on the starting 11; only a continued option off the bench.

No surprise to me therefore, that he's decided to try again at Chelsea. Shame as he was something different for us, but as always we move on.

One of the things you can see with Sammie is how hungry he is to prove himself at a higher level and you can feel his excitement and commitment to giving it his all.

KP is a very talented player but with his Chelsea pedigree he seems to come at it from the opposite direction. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

@Davefevs

I saw Palmer coming here because LJ won’t be able to get us the striker we need, e.g. the no risk 20 goal striker is out of our price range, so I saw him playing a bit more strikerless at times. And I think Palmer might’ve been very useful in that system.

• Like 3

Palmer played for Chelsea yesterday on their tour and played some good passes (highlights on the Chelsea website)  - so it looks that either he or Chelsea have decided he’s staying put for the time being

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

Palmer played for Chelsea yesterday on their tour and played some good passes (highlights on the Chelsea website)  - so it looks that either he or Chelsea have decided he’s staying put for the time being

Keep up kid

• Aubergine 1

FL needs to decide on his Prem squad - don’t forget he has a limited number of slots. So he is, quite sensibly, trying out the players available to him. 

If Palmer isn’t ultimately part of that squad  then I imagine he will be available again. We will have to wait and see. 

15 minutes ago, City Ben said:

FL needs to decide on his Prem squad - don’t forget he has a limited number of slots. So he is, quite sensibly, trying out the players available to him. 

If Palmer isn’t ultimately part of that squad  then I imagine he will be available again. We will have to wait and see. 

As much LJ will understand this it must be  irritating for LJ because he keeps saying if we are to bring Palmer back and get some good out of him he wanted a full pre-season with him.

15 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

As much LJ will understand this it must be  irritating for LJ because he keeps saying if we are to bring Palmer back and get some good out of him he wanted a full pre-season with him.

Simples..............don't bring him back ,then.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Simples..............don't bring him back ,then.

Agreed, I don’t think we will see him back and to be honest I think we can improve other areas of the squad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, City Ben said:

Most young player loans from prem clubs won’t happen until the prem team decides their squad anyway so we probably won’t know until then! 

Same with Eddie from Arse!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hail gus cesaer said:

Most young player loans from prem clubs won’t happen until the prem team decides their squad anyway so we probably won’t know until then! 

Same with Eddie from Arse!

Prem teams wouldn’t name under 21s in the squad anyway. 

3 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

played 2nd half today against St Patrick's Athletic, within report Billy Gilmour and Kasey Palmer impressed in the second period

Darn it!

I still think we need Palmer type player, to rely on Szmodics making the step up and reliance on a workman like Paterson is a concern.  When we are at home facing teams parking the bus we need a mercurial creative player to unlock the defence, far to many home games last season where we lacked this type of player to come on.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

I still think we need Palmer type player, to rely on Szmodics making the step up and reliance on a workman like Paterson is a concern.  When we are at home facing teams parking the bus we need a mercurial creative player to unlock the defence, far to many home games last season where we lacked this type of player to come on.

Yep and Palmer from the bench unlocked a fair few! He’d be a more exciting signing than any striker imo. Feel like that mercurial player is more vital than a 20+ goal guy as the creative one can get him 5-7 easy goals! One of Diedhiou’s easiest chances last year was a Palmer little splitting through ball edge of the box to Weimann who cut it back to Fam on penalty spot against Forest. 

And I am with you on Szmodics. Looks amazing so far but when you are on your 5th game in two weeks in the middle of November on a cold rainy night at AG against Millwall sitting deep it is a different affair

• Like 1

I always look at it like this, would we fear playing against him or could we contain him? For me it would be the latter.

• Like 1

Don't shoot the messenger - my 9 year old son spotted No 45 in this video clip - I do not pay that much attention to detail on numbers or hairstyles - could be, may not be...???

Doesn't look like him?

palmer.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Don't shoot the messenger - my 9 year old son spotted No 45 in this video clip - I do not pay that much attention to detail on numbers or hairstyles - could be, may not be...???

Doesn't look like him?

palmer.jpg

The two lads be jay look as though they have taken the bonding side of the trip a little to far.😘

• Haha 1

Fully expect KP to depart Chelsea just before the season starts.  Where he ends up, who knows!

Edited by Rocky

18 hours ago, Tomo said:

Doesn't look like him?

palmer.jpg

So you're saying don't shoot the messenger, shoot your 9 year old son?! 😮

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Fully expect KP to depart Chelsea just before the season starts.  Where he ends up, who knows!

Few rumours circling re Swansea.

Would Cooper have coached him in the England age ranges?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Few rumours circling re Swansea.

Would Cooper have coached him in the England age ranges?

They don't have a pot to piss in, do they? Norwich were linked for £4m during the week.

Just now, Tipps69 said:

They don't have a pot to piss in, do they? Norwich were linked for £4m during the week.

It was reported that they had to raise £30m this summer to stabilise their finances so they seem unlikely. Unless they sell McBurnie perhaps, but they would have to replace him too.

• Like 1