IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, like I said, you’re obviously entitled to your view, but it’s true. The source is impeccable and @Kid in the Riot has quoted the same £55k per week figure on here regarding Assombalonga - and he seems to have a few good connections as lots on here hang on his every word ...

They should've told the greedy ****: "You can have 55k a week if you can improve on your paltry one goal in three games"

38 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Crikey!

£55K a week for, say, 25 weeks plus £2M loan fee would have worked out as £3,375,000 for essentially 5 months, equating to £8.1M per annum for 1 player.

?

The deal had to make sense to Boro at the time, potentially strengthening a promotion rival  we should bear in mind. 

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

Well worth it if he scored the goals that clinched promotion. It's a gamble but SL doesn't like to gamble unless hes extremely sure of returns.

Big 'IF' though Mozo with all possible respect and would have left us with a possible financial issue IF it didn't clinch promotion.

I don't think, as you say, SL would sanction such a gamble and I'm quite glad he didn't at those figures.

As @29AR mentions, I would imagine 'Boro made it so expensive that we walked away.

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

They should've told the greedy ****: "You can have 55k a week if you can improve on your paltry one goal in three games"

Assombalonga for Boro - 29 league goals in 86 games. 

Diedhiou for City - 26 league goals in 73 games. 

One is on £55k a week and the other is probably on about a third of that and gets a lot more stick for it! 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

But when Assombalonga signed in summer 2017, Boro were exactly that, a relegated club, looking to bounce back.  They paid Forest £15m, and a wage commensurate to that fee....probably doubling what wages he was on at Forest.  £55k is not ridiculous, it is rumoured that Scott Hogan was on £40k at Villa, with nothing like the reputation of Britt.

But thats exactly my point, no one knows exactly.

There is a huge difference between 40k and 55k per week (and 40k is pushing imo).

There is also the fact that some wages may be offset by monies paid up front etc. to keep wages within structures.

I just feel that 55k is ridiculous, the only club/player I could see where that may happen is Villa and Grealish as they were that desperate to keep him.

Just an opinion amongst many.

16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

But thats exactly my point, no one knows exactly.

There is a huge difference between 40k and 55k per week (and 40k is pushing imo).

There is also the fact that some wages may be offset by monies paid up front etc. to keep wages within structures.

I just feel that 55k is ridiculous, the only club/player I could see where that may happen is Villa and Grealish as they were that desperate to keep him.

Just an opinion amongst many.

It is the internet so not 100% but you can type in whatever team in google with salaries and find numbers for most sides.

I just googled Stoke and they had 3 over 50k a week that they played last season. Allen, Shawcross and Martins Indi were between 50-60k. Though it had Berahino at 80k. Believable though because they have parachute payments and have had to cut back quite a bit this summer. 

Again internet so grain of salt but think the championship has a fair few over 40k. 

44 minutes ago, Leveller said:

If you’re sure of returns it’s not a gamble.

Yeah I should have worded that differently. It's making a judgement about risk and reward and they decided that it wasn't worth the gamble.

22 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It is the internet so not 100% but you can type in whatever team in google with salaries and find numbers for most sides.

I just googled Stoke and they had 3 over 50k a week that they played last season. Allen, Shawcross and Martins Indi were between 50-60k. Though it had Berahino at 80k. Believable though because they have parachute payments and have had to cut back quite a bit this summer. 

Again internet so grain of salt but think the championship has a fair few over 40k. 

They may well have to, but unsure they have been, they've not got long until windows close- well about 5 weeks or so if we include Europe.,

Can't see much evidence of major cutbacks yet- certainly not when set against Swansea or even this summer, WBA.Even though their accounts show some similarities in profile in areas. Could be that they are getting their ducks in a row early i.e. the new signings and then outgoings but squad size appears to be 30 as it stands! They spent a load last season too.

Perhaps they will reassess in January and make cuts if they're midtable or such, or maybe gamble on promotion and have a firesale if not.

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They may well have to, but unsure they have been, they've not got long until windows close- well about 5 weeks or so if we include Europe.,

Can't see much evidence of major cutbacks yet- certainly not when set against Swansea or even this summer, WBA.Even though their accounts show some similarities in profile in areas. Could be that they are getting their ducks in a row early i.e. the new signings and then outgoings but squad size appears to be 30 as it stands! They spent a load last season too.

Perhaps they will reassess in January and make cuts if they're midtable or such, or maybe gamble on promotion and have a firesale if not.

Meant in the sense they haven’t really targeted anyone for a large fee. They do have a large squad but have let some of the older and higher paid players walk and brought in younger and lower paid players. Expect they continue that and try and loan out some of their foreign players

37 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Meant in the sense they haven’t really targeted anyone for a large fee. They do have a large squad but have let some of the older and higher paid players walk and brought in younger and lower paid players. Expect they continue that and try and loan out some of their foreign players

Ah like downsizing- foreign players will doubtless get foreign loans and there's still ample time for that.

To really get their finances in order though, they need to bite the bullet (IMO)  and look to entertain some perhaps lower bids for the likes of Butland-Martins Indi and Allen.

Oh kasey Palmer you were the love of my life,

Oh kasey Palmer you could have shagged my wife,

Oh kasey Palmer now my wife's stuck with me

Thought he was a good player for us, a bit inconsistent from the times saw him play but think the quoted £4 million would be better spent elsewhere, 

give Sammy his chance 

11 minutes ago, City18 said:

Thought he was a good player for us, a bit inconsistent from the times saw him play but think the quoted £4 million would be better spent elsewhere, 

give Sammy his chance 

Exactly, and we're crying out for a midfield general with pace, that's step-up on Korey Smith, if we're serious about a top six finish.

1 hour ago, City18 said:

Oh kasey Palmer you were the love of my life,

Oh kasey Palmer you could have shagged my wife,

Oh kasey Palmer now my wife's stuck with me

give Sammy his chance 

Oh Sammy Smzodics you are the love of my life

Oh Sammy Smzodics I'll let you shag my wife

Oh Sammy Smzodics, I want a barnet / tattoos like you

Sorted! 

5 hours ago, Superjack said:

Can't understand the logic of people implying that they would let a footballer shag their missus.

You do all realise how physically fit these guys have to be?

You may as well set up camp in the spare room for life. 

Meh. My bulk gives me improved pushing power and natural momentum they can only dream of.

Who needs stamina and staying power - too hot innit !!

I will be content in my mind knowing I gave her the best 60 seconds of her life plus whilst he’s doing his ting I can catch up on some modern family and gogglebox repeats.

3 hours ago, Meh said:

Meh. My bulk gives me improved pushing power and natural momentum they can only dream of.

I will be content in my mind knowing I gave her the best 60 seconds of her life plus whilst he’s doing his ting I can catch up on some modern family and gogglebox repeats.

60 seconds? Flash git! ;)

3 hours ago, Meh said:

You forgot to mention that it includes 50 seconds of foreplay.

60 seconds is  a week's worth of "pleasure" for Mrs Downend - but it's not as bad as it sounds, as Tuesday is a rest day!  :) 

4 minutes ago, Meh said:

It takes 45 seconds to get in position and shake off the leg cramp ?

It takes me 10 minutes to get up the stairs! :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Deal with Swansea in the balance and we are ready to tie up deal for c£3m if Swansea falls through, which looks likely. 

reported here too: 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-chase-chelsea-youngster-16649112.amp#click=https://t.co/BVpGt73iIQ

Bristol City, where Palmer spent the second half of last season out on loan, have already agreed to meet the former England under-21 international, and are ready to pounce should a move to South Wales fail to materialise.

Like this.

Would welcome this, great competition between him and Szmodics.

41 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Deal with Swansea in the balance and we are ready to tie up deal for c£3m if Swansea falls through, which looks likely. 

reported here too: 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-chase-chelsea-youngster-16649112.amp#click=https://t.co/BVpGt73iIQ

The question is, if we wanted the player, why wait until another club comes in and try and hijack that rather than just getting it done early on? 

I guess he wanted to go back to have some pre season with Chelsea but you’d have to think we’d have had first refusal given our relationship with Chelsea, assuming the player’s keen 

The thing i am struggling to understand is, if as stated City are interested in him, why would they wait to see if a move to Swansea falls apart before making a move?  Surly if they want him they try and get him regardless of Swansea's interest?

It does seem weird but Tammy went there on loan after being here too, but Swansea were a Premier side then. Maybe Chelsea have better links with Swansea, or Swansea can pay parachute payment funded wages. Bet that’s it. Money.

Archived