IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

29 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Palmers a good footballer, but based on last season would we really be happy to see him come here on that sort of money?

I'd actually answer no to that, but LJ got to see behind closed doors and will have had a better insight into the potential that Palmer has.

2 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Palmers a good footballer, but based on last season would we really be happy to see him come here on that sort of money?

I would if I thought LJ could find a system to play him in. 

Say £3.5m on a 4 year deal is £1m a year approx plus £1.15m wages, so £2.15m of our budget  

It’s probably a similar figure for Hugill, in fact his wages might be more!  Palmer a better buy imho.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I would if I thought LJ could find a system to play him in. 

Say £3.5m on a 4 year deal is £1m a year approx plus £1.15m wages, so £2.15m of our budget  

It’s probably a similar figure for Hugill, in fact his wages might be more!  Palmer a better buy imho.

When we start paying players likes of Palmer £23k per week we will start to lose all control of our wage structure 

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

When we start paying players likes of Palmer £23k per week we will start to lose all control of our wage structure 

And start competing in a difficult league where decent players earn big fees because a lot come from youth systems in the best leagues

I've said before he could be the next Bobby Reid playing in a similar position.

The guy's got bags of talent, is presumably available, fits into our player DNA and loved it here. There is no problem with integrating him into our system and doesn't have to step up levels to play for us.

What is there not to love.

We should be looking at the likes of Palmer & Kane, players with the right DNA and attitude from the league above who have experience instead of swindle cast offs who have an attitude and who think they should be playing at a higher level.

Do you not think that if (or rather when) Swansea Sell McB they'll be in for Palmer straight away? Which means that if LJ wants Palmer he's playing a risky game in holding off. The fact that Palmer isn't here and that he hasn't done the "pre-season" suggests he's not in LJs plans. Unless the player is holding things up?

8 minutes ago, Marty said:

Do you not think that if (or rather when) Swansea Sell McB they'll be in for Palmer straight away? Which means that if LJ wants Palmer he's playing a risky game in holding off. The fact that Palmer isn't here and that he hasn't done the "pre-season" suggests he's not in LJs plans. Unless the player is holding things up?

Sheffield U made an improved bid for McBurnie. 20M should make Palmer very affordable. 

I think Swansea are in a lot of debt and were banking on selling McBurnie anyway.

I don't know, but I don't believe they will fork out £3.5M for KP. I think they're looking at free transfers to back up some really good young talent they already have. They still have some players on big contracts to shift.

The reports are that they would rather loan & are unwilling to buy even with the OMB money if it happens. I suspect they need a lot of cash up front rather than the instalment terms Sheff Utd are looking to pay with

14 minutes ago, Marty said:

You would think Palmer would choose us over Swansea  .       He already knows the set-up .                         

15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

You would think Palmer would choose us over Swansea  .       He already knows the set-up .                         

Yes but could just as easily be a reason. He would choose Swansea over us 

32 minutes ago, Marty said:

Part of the reason he isn't here, or anywhere else, is because he thought he might force his way into Lampard's plans though.

Lee Johnson said in the interview I just heard that he nearly did not get Szmodics because he already has numerous players in that position. So why on earth would he then buy Palmer? Can't see this happening at all. He even said the other week when asked about Palmer that they don't need him. Why do people think we are interested in bringing him in?

37 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Lee Johnson said in the interview I just heard that he nearly did not get Szmodics because he already has numerous players in that position. So why on earth would he then buy Palmer? Can't see this happening at all. He even said the other week when asked about Palmer that they don't need him. Why do people think we are interested in bringing him in?

He didn’t say that ,

he said that he tried to find reasons (In a chuckling sort of way) not to sign Szmodics as he had more of a budget for that position , but that Szmodics had all he wanted in that role , plus great enthusiasm

3 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Ashton just confirmed on Radio Bristol that Palmer is on our radar.

191025737_KP1.jpg.2b2a648037203186b06012cb2c668823.jpg566935860_KP2.jpg.d687548f0d27c6a8fa509e493cd89f42.jpgKP3.jpg.4a97513f7e7e2e3a3c4578dde87928f0.jpg

Some fans are delighted with that news.

Archived