IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

18 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I just don’t understand why we would sign a fringe player from last season or why he would come here.

He was getting 15 mins at best last season towards the end - often when we were chasing a game.

Do we have a plan?

That was largely down to fitness. LJ regards him as a player who can do something different to unlock a defence.

19 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I just don’t understand why we would sign a fringe player from last season or why he would come here.

He was getting 15 mins at best last season towards the end - often when we were chasing a game.

Do we have a plan?

Another Club in the bag

Just now, chinapig said:

That was largely down to fitness. LJ regards him as a player who can do something different to unlock a defence.

And he can. Look at some of the assists from last season - one up at Sheff Utd stands out in particular (I think it was there anyway, setting Weimann up). 

Thats the kind of quality he can bring. He’ll have had a decent pre-seasons work at Chelsea in addition to the work he was doing with Jamie Lawrence.

If (fingers crossed), we bring him in, I think he’ll be a massive player for us, especially if we’ve got some pace up top. 

On 29/07/2019 at 20:56, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting Rudolf

One of my favourite things to watch  and can be very revealing IMHO

Two players that immediately spring to mind as examples were Nicky Maynard and Bobby Reid 

Both hit a ball so crisp that the ball actually made a distinct louder sound as it hit the net

Great for watching technique - that fat *** Tomlin could pick out the corners with dip swerve almost at Will ..... but that’s enough about him.   :laughcont:

I remember watching Ian Baird taking target practice in the warm up some thirty years ago.

Had about thirty shots at an open goal and missed about twenty-eight of them.

It's a strange one. Lee didn't seem too keen on him although he did say he needed a whole pre season to work with him? 4 days enough Lee? I think he needs to be played further forward ( dare I say a false number 9). I would prefer we push the boat out for a proper forward.

I like him but not 100% Lee does? 

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

It's a strange one. Lee didn't seem too keen on him although he did say he needed a whole pre season to work with him? 4 days enough Lee? I think he needs to be played further forward ( dare I say a false number 9). I would prefer we push the boat out for a proper forward.

I like him but not 100% Lee does? 

LJ said recently that they had stayed in touch. I doubt he would have done that if he wasn't keen.

13 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

He said last night he wouldn’t/couldn’t comment on specific players we were after. 20pence then asked him specifically about Kasey Palmer (a question off Twitter I think)  - Ashton said he was one of those players on the radar that we are looking to bring in. 

Yes but I don't think that means we are in for him. He's probably on our radar like loads of players are. But I just can't see us bringing in a player in that position with what we have already. Especially considering LJ would play nearly all our attacking options ahead of Palmer last season. And now we have Szmodics too. I might well be wrong, but would surprise me if we brought him in when we are bringing in 4. More important positions.

7 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I remember watching Ian Baird taking target practice in the warm up some thirty years ago.

Had about thirty shots at an open goal and missed about twenty-eight of them.

Sounds like the one time I saw Engvall warming up! 

1 minute ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

It has seemed that Kasey has not been on top of any list of targets so maybe something has changed that now. LJ mentioned about numerous offers for players so possibly someone like Pato moving for a good price as we do seem a bit top heavy for 10’s. 

That thought just crossed my mind. Also, if Matty Taylor`s off as we all appear to think he may be then that would have an impact too.

Seems to me we know what Pats has to offer, bit of skill, score the odd free kick but downsides to his game. will never make a 50/50 challenge will never put his body on the line for the cause. That will never change it's not in him.

Palmer what 5 years younger? Has the skill not scared to put his foot in and still plenty young enough for improvement.

If Johnson is signing him  BOTH  must think he's going to have a much more major input this season.

Archived