IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

The red tops do but it’s very rare to read about wild speculation and rumour in the broadsheets.

I have a mate at work, whose ex wife works for for the Bristol Post as a journalist. Or Bristol Live as it's going to be renamed. They make no money from the paper version. Only from the amount of hits to their website for advertisers etc (aka clickbait).

They have weekly team meetings to see who has got the most comments on their articles etc. They aren't interested in real news, as they are well aware of who their readership is.

In reality, it's not a newspaper anymore, it's a social media page. Whatever we put on here, they will publish. If only to get the same people from here to click on it on their website; and the merry go round of nonsense continues.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I’m disappointed more than surprised. It’s sad state of affairs when professional sports journalists stoop to writing about wild speculation and rumour.

Its common place on here tho - maybe here is where the Post sports journalists get the idea from.

It really is quite staggering how frequently you accidentally end up in a section of the forum which you have no interest in! 

4 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I have a mate at work, whose ex wife works for for the Bristol Post as a journalist. Or Bristol Live as it's going to be renamed. They make no money from the paper version. Only from the amount of hits to their website for advertisers etc (aka clickbait).

They have weekly team meetings to see who has got the most comments on their articles etc. They aren't interested in real news, as they are well aware of who their readership is.

In reality, it's not a newspaper anymore, it's a social media page. Whatever we put on here, they will publish. If only to get the same people from here to click on it on their website; and the merry go round of nonsense continues.

The traditional newspaper has been dying for years entirely down to the internet. All of the main papers have their own webpages to which you have to subscribe if you want access.

I can see the Post doing the same before too long.

34 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

And their website is by far the worst I have ever used so never go on it anymore. I have complained to them and they agree and understand how un-user it is but still do nothing about it. If that's how they are going to continue then I think the Bristol Post / Bristol Live will go down the pan very quickly and I for one will cheer its demise.

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

Problem is he's not even the same colour. The lad in the video looks like he's mixed heritage and semenyo is black

I know that.  I watched a video, there was a second or so footage with a guy doing press-ups in City training kit who had a mop of dark hair in a similar style to Antoine.  Training camp is in London. Antoine is from London.  2+2 made 5 in this case.  Nothing to do with colour of skin...all to do with a second or so view of the back of someone’s head led down facing away from us.  Thought it could’ve been Antoine.  Went back later took some screenshots....not Antoine but someone else in a City kit with similar hairdo.  

You sound like you’re trying to turn this into a skin colour issue.  It’s not, as I’ve now explained twice.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know that.  I watched a video, there was a second or so footage with a guy doing press-ups in City training kit who had a mop of dark hair in a similar style to Antoine.  Training camp is in London. Antoine is from London.  2+2 made 5 in this case.  Nothing to do with colour of skin...all to do with a second or so view of the back of someone’s head led down facing away from us.  Thought it could’ve been Antoine.  Went back later took some screenshots....not Antoine but someone else in a City kit with similar hairdo.  

You sound like you’re trying to turn this into a skin colour issue.  It’s not, as I’ve now explained twice.

That's right Danny Baker, try to dig yourself out this one...

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The traditional newspaper has been dying for years entirely down to the internet. All of the main papers have their own webpages to which you have to subscribe if you want access.

I can see the Post doing the same before too long.

If the post tried that they'd have less subscribers than my daughter's mates shite uTube channel...

I think it's fair to say, that no-one has signed yet. Because it Would have to be registered; and then we would know.

As for Palmer. He's just using up some training kit I think. He's probably got loads in his wardrobe (Huddesfield,Blackburn,derby). ?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Well you have me wrong. I’m not making it into an issue. Just thought it was funny because of them remotely look like semenyo ?

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

And their website is by far the worst I have ever used so never go on it anymore. I have complained to them and they agree and understand how un-user it is but still do nothing about it. If that's how they are going to continue then I think the Bristol Post / Bristol Live will go down the pan very quickly and I for one will cheer its demise.

They have very little jurisdiction over the website. Like most local papers it is run by the mirror group. They are single handedly ruining local papers in this country. I think I read somewhere that they run over 150 local titles. 

2 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

They have very little jurisdiction over the website. Like most local papers it is run by the mirror group. They are single handedly ruining local papers in this country. I think I read somewhere that they run over 150 local titles. 

Quite. If you look at the websites for equivalent papers around the country they look identical.

2 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

I thought that as I noticed some almost identical. A bit like our own BCFC website. Same shite different name.

7 hours ago, Leveller said:

Six articles over twelve years! Good example.

Most days they have severely pages of lengthy “features” about Prem clubs and one token report on one Championship match or brief “roundup” such as the ones you quoted.

Six randomly found articles - there are obviously hundreds more, or did you really think there have only been six features in 12 years?! On some of the broadsheets’ websites they have around 12 features on championship clubs in a single day ...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Six randomly found articles - there are obviously hundreds more, or did you really think there have only been six features in 12 years?! On some of the broadsheets’ websites they have around 12 features on championship clubs in a single day ...

Not in The Guardian they don't, as readers often complain, though it has got a bit better since Ben Fisher joined. You are more likely to find coverage of the A League though.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m talking about newspapers, not websites.

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

I’m talking about newspapers, not websites.

The extensive coverage is in/on both - every newspaper has a website these days - including the broadsheets and they cover the championship extensively. The ‘press’ isn’t just the printed stuff, the media landscape has moved on .... having said that, there is still loads of coverage of the championship in the printed versions of the broadsheets ...

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

Not in The Guardian they don't, as readers often complain, though it has got a bit better since Ben Fisher joined. You are more likely to find coverage of the A League though.

Ben Fisher is a freelance journo but even before his contributions The Guardian has covered the championship - just a few examples ...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/aug/06/championship-2015-16-season-preview

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/club-by-club-guide-championship-finances-2012-2013

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2011/dec/21/championship-bloggers-half-term-report

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This will get @BS4 on Tour... excited 

F4199641-7939-4734-A158-4EC079C339FE.jpeg

Is that really the new Jags kit? Very underwhelmed - hate it when we look like old Watford kits - red and yellow stripes or hoops has been the modern way for the Maryhill Magyars - and it should be black shorts. Although we did shake the football world in 1971 wearing a kit similar to the one above which made a certain Grandstand presenter, Sam Leitch, very embarrassed after his pre-match comment: “In Scotland it’s League Cup Final day at Hampden Park, where C*ltic meet Partick Thistle, who have no chance ...” - final score? Jags 4 C*ltic 1 .... and that C*ltic team included Davie Hay, Tommy Gemmell, Jimmy Johnstone, Kenny Dalglish, Lou Macari etc ... and was managed by Jock Stein.

Archived