IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know about Ben Fisher thanks. Many of the regular contributors will be freelance, which suits the paper and the journalists. Ben joined the roster specifically to improve coverage of the EFL it seems, though he does more than that.

Nobody is arguing there is no coverage. It remains pretty limited though, doubtless because there aren't enough clicks in it.

A few links don't alter the fact that supporters of EFL clubs consistently complain about the inadequacy of the coverage. After a Saturday round of matches there is a brief summary covering the whole EFL and a report on one match.

The twice weekly podcast barely touches the EFL either and when it does it invariably features the usual suspects of course.

Until it's announced I know it's not a done deal, but assuming he is coming  then I can't see him coming just to warm the bench and doubt that LJ sees him in that role.

To accomodate a player like Palmer will we see a change of style and formation or would he come in as replacement for one of last seasons players?

44 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

I can’t see Palmer coming to be honest, not sure we can guarantee him first team football

Interesting isn’t it. He hardly played at all during his loan. Wouldn’t have thought he was itching to come back. 

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

He was in the gym with Jamie Lawrence doing some pre pre season hard work. Jamie calls him out for being late everyday for the sessions and turning up just on time. 

Tbf as well every video I’ve watched he looks very laboured and doesn’t seem a natural trainer. Great talent but just doesn’t seem to be a player who will get himself fit enough for our style.

18 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Tbf as well every video I’ve watched he looks very laboured and doesn’t seem a natural trainer. Great talent but just doesn’t seem to be a player who will get himself fit enough for our style.

Yeah, and that is what seems to be stopping him from really being a top player. He has all the talent on the ball. I just wonder though when thinking back to how good he was with Huddersfield. With the right type of striker ahead of him, it might just get the best out of him. Diedhiou is not that player for Palmer

37 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah, and that is what seems to be stopping him from really being a top player. He has all the talent on the ball. I just wonder though when thinking back to how good he was with Huddersfield. With the right type of striker ahead of him, it might just get the best out of him. Diedhiou is not that player for Palmer

He was great but I must admit I can’t remember  what sort of player he was for them or the style of their play. If we had a Baldock sort of striker then KP would be the ideal player to play in behind.

2 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

He was great but I must admit I can’t remember  what sort of player he was for them or the style of their play. If we had a Baldock sort of striker then KP would be the ideal player to play in behind.

It's weird as he doesn't seem to have really improved much since then. Like you say, he needs a pacy striker with good movement for him to thread those balls through. 

1 hour ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

I can’t see Palmer coming to be honest, not sure we can guarantee him first team football

Is any player guaranteed first team football on a week in week out basis - It’s about having a strong squad with depth and options, something we have lacked certainly the last 2 seasons and hence fell away badly

its a long season and potentially 50+ games!

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Another loan?

You got to think so - he keeps ending Instagram posts with city and Chelsea hashtags and saying see you soon to Jay - just fits.

Jay we had an agreement for - Chelsea had to sell if we agreed terms- possibly somebody at Chelsea got some disapproving looks in the last few weeks as bad business for them - literally a steal.

Kalas is just fed up of loans and unlikely to make Chelsea team on a regular basis this season so perfect time for them to cash in - reported 8 million is good business for both.

Palmer has the talent to potentially play at top level - just needs to put in the application - out of the 3 he is the one I can see Chelsea wanting to retain. I think this is a big year for him to prove he is the real deal.

2 minutes ago, Meh said:

You got to think so - he keeps ending Instagram posts with city and Chelsea hashtags and saying see you soon to Jay - just fits.

Jay we had an agreement for - Chelsea had to sell if we agreed terms.

Kalas is just fed up of loans and unlikely to make Chelsea team on a regular basis this season so perfect time for them to cash in - reported 8 million is good business for both.

Palmer has the talent to potentially play at top level - just needs to put in the application- out of the 3 I can see Chelsea wanting to retain. I think this is a big year for him to prove he is the real deal.

A loan would be best for all parties - do what they did with Jay and put a pre arranged fee in the loan. Gives LJ the chance to have his full preseason with him and see if he has it in him to become a Bristol City type player. We haven’t seen enough of him to warrant a few million pound risk. 

13 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

Wasn’t suggesting him per say but now you’ve mentioned his name - you’re probably spot on. Similar to Tomlin (although he now looks like he’s got his act together!) 

Not sure I'd put JET and Tomlin in the same boat. Application, maybe a fine line, but laid back v lazy. Physique, big body v fat. And personality, JET any manager would want in their squad whereas Tomlin seemed pretty disruptive.. of the two, Palmer seems much more JET like to me. 

Archived