IGNORED

SIGNED: Kasey Palmer ( 4 years, Undisclosed fee)

The hand of RO'D

58 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He hardly played at prem level, but when he did I thought he looked very good. Just think Warnock should play him every game so just guessing he will.

I am pretty sure Cardiff will be bringing in more players. But the ones they still have will be very good at this level. Murphy and Hoilett on the wings are a right handful. Bobby in behind Zahore. Plenty of pace and power and a big, well organised defence that Warnock always has in his teams. 

Bit of strengthening in the transfer market, and with a manager like Warnock who gets results at this level, I just expect them to go up certainly more than I fancy the other 2 that came down.

Hmmm, I guess we’ll just have to wait & see but I’d be surprised if they didn’t lose a couple more from their premier league squad & as I said before, Reid just doesn’t suit Warnock’s style of play.

Am I right in saying that Bamba is out for a while as well? Cruciate was it?

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

He hardly played at prem level, but when he did I thought he looked very good. Just think Warnock should play him every game so just guessing he will.

I am pretty sure Cardiff will be bringing in more players. But the ones they still have will be very good at this level. Murphy and Hoilett on the wings are a right handful. Bobby in behind Zahore. Plenty of pace and power and a big, well organised defence that Warnock always has in his teams. 

Bit of strengthening in the transfer market, and with a manager like Warnock who gets results at this level, I just expect them to go up certainly more than I fancy the other 2 that came down.

Warnock said he did not play more because they had Camarasa so he seems to see Bobby as a midfielder.

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’m not sure Bobby will play enough at Cardiff, or play in the right way, to even hit double figures.

Don’t think Palmer could be played up top either, though, but could Szmodics?

Always though bobby going there was a strange move. Colin’s teams always like to lump it and never really set up to play to his strengths 

30 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Hmmm, I guess we’ll just have to wait & see but I’d be surprised if they didn’t lose a couple more from their premier league squad & as I said before, Reid just doesn’t suit Warnock’s style of play.

I didn't know that last bit. Hope you are right!

35 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I was reading this morning that Cardiff think they can get Tammy. They obviously didn't read his recent interview.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I didn't mean I hope he raptured his ACL by the way! That would be a bit harsh hoping that haha. I meant that I hope Cardiff don't go up.

I did think you were saying that you hoped Bamba had his injury & in fairness, I didn’t have a problem with it, he is one of their mainstay performers & him missing for a few months can only be good for everyone apart from Cardiff & at 34 I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t quite the same player when he returns, which would be sad news as I do rate him but doing an ACL for a younger player is always a risk regarding their recovery, let alone for someone in their mid 30’s. He’ll take some replacing.

I wouldn't sign Palmer if we are keeping Diedhiou and signing Moore. I imagine one of those 2 will always be starting, and I can't see them suiting Palmer in behind.

6 hours ago, chinapig said:

Warnock said he did not play more because they had Camarasa so he seems to see Bobby as a midfielder.

I personally think had Camarasa played behind Reid in a 4-4-1-1, certainly in the final third, half of the season it might have helped them get a few more goals and over the line to safety.

Obviously I am glad they did not! ?

6 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I didn't know that last bit. Hope you are right!

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I didn't mean I hope he raptured his ACL by the way! That would be a bit harsh hoping that haha. I meant that I hope Cardiff don't go up.

The ‘last bit’ was Tipps saying Bamba was seriously injured ... he didn’t mention Cardiff not going up .... as you say yourself, very harsh to hope Tipps is right about a serious injury to a good pro ...

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The ‘last bit’ was Tipps saying Bamba was seriously injured ... he didn’t mention Cardiff not going up .... as you say yourself, very harsh to hope Tipps is right about a serious injury to a good pro ...

Yeah I know. I said I didn't mean the injury bit. I meant to previous post where he said about hoping Cardiff didn't come up.

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You don’t think it was harsh @LegalEagle - hence your ‘eggplant’ reaction? How strange ....

8 hours ago, JonDolman said:

If LJ can make Kasey anything like Bobby in his work rate and movement then he will achieve what looks like the impossible.

Some players just don't like pushing their bodies to the limits. Bobby and Weimann will sprint and sprint, and then on about 70-80 minutes will be struggling, visibly in pain, but will just keep going.

I can't imagine Kasey ever being like that but if he can be even close to that kind of player in his work rate then he's worth signing, because he is so naturally good with the ball at his feet.

JD, I think that's the key with naturally gifted players, they can make hard work look easier than others.

I hope we can get him in because under LJ he could become our "Lethal Weapon".

5 minutes ago, COACH2 said:

I was told  it was a loan until  the end of the season.  It didn’t happen due to the Salah plane crash. 

Would be pretty amazing if we signed him now

Archived