IGNORED

Lee Bowyer

Super

You couldn't make it up 

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm that Addicks’ boss Lee Bowyer has agreed a contract extension with the club.

Bowyer led Charlton to promotion last season, as his team capped a tremendous year with a dramatic 2-1 victory over Sunderland in the League One play-off final at Wembley.

After a period of negotiation Bowyer has penned a one-year contract extension as the club embarks on its first season back in the Championship.

Lee Bowyer said: “We went on a real journey last season. The club came together - the players, the staff, the fans and we achieved something special. The journey hasn’t finished yet and I’m delighted this has all been agreed. 

“This has been a long process and I never wanted to leave, I love this club. I’d like to thank the owner for giving me the initial opportunity and now for continuing to believe in me. 

“We have a fantastic fanbase here and my focus continues to be getting our squad in the best possible shape for the Championship next season.”

Charlton Athletic owner Roland Duchatelet said: “What Lee has achieved in his short time at the club is very impressive. He has united the club once again. 

“I would like to thank Lee for his professionalism during this process. While the negotiations have been ongoing, he has continued to work on building a squad for the club’s Championship campaign. Stability is essential and I am very pleased we now have the best man in place to lead us forward next season.”

Charlton season tickets are back on sale and for a limited time the club are offering Championship football at League One pricing.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

You couldn't make it up 

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm that Addicks’ boss Lee Bowyer has agreed a contract extension with the club.

Bowyer led Charlton to promotion last season, as his team capped a tremendous year with a dramatic 2-1 victory over Sunderland in the League One play-off final at Wembley.

After a period of negotiation Bowyer has penned a one-year contract extension as the club embarks on its first season back in the Championship.

Lee Bowyer said: “We went on a real journey last season. The club came together - the players, the staff, the fans and we achieved something special. The journey hasn’t finished yet and I’m delighted this has all been agreed. 

“This has been a long process and I never wanted to leave, I love this club. I’d like to thank the owner for giving me the initial opportunity and now for continuing to believe in me. 

“We have a fantastic fanbase here and my focus continues to be getting our squad in the best possible shape for the Championship next season.”

Charlton Athletic owner Roland Duchatelet said: “What Lee has achieved in his short time at the club is very impressive. He has united the club once again. 

“I would like to thank Lee for his professionalism during this process. While the negotiations have been ongoing, he has continued to work on building a squad for the club’s Championship campaign. Stability is essential and I am very pleased we now have the best man in place to lead us forward next season.”

Charlton season tickets are back on sale and for a limited time the club are offering Championship football at League One pricing.

Can imagine the scenes in Charlton’s offices today: 

Roland: what do you mean you published my internal email yesterday

Office Junior: you told me to put it on the website 

Roland: anyone know how to delete a news item

OJ: no point, everyone will have screenshotted it already

Roland: you’re fired

OJ: can you put it in writing?

Roland: yes

OJ: do you want me to put it on the website?

Roland: yes, no, I mean no. You’re fired!

5 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Jumped the gun a little there pal.

I think Charlton did. They actually confirmed it on their OS!

• Admin
53 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Not quite, assuming you mean Coppell? 

Correct, he at least managed two games.

The thing I always thought was odd was that he was appointed before the end of the previous season, then he made some excuse about not being at any of the remaining games as he was going to America, but was then photographed at Griffin Park with his son watching a game - something wasn't right from day one on this appointment

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

The thing I always thought was odd was that he was appointed before the end of the previous season, then he made some excuse about not being at any of the remaining games as he was going to America, but was then photographed at Griffin Park with his son watching a game - something wasn't right from day one on this appointment

That shambles against Millwall wasn't it?

23 hours ago, phantom said:

What was the officail reason for coppell walking ..... does anyone actually know ?

Archived