IGNORED

SIGNED: Daniel Bentley

hoxton casual

Maenpaa was our unsung hero last season. His injuries meant he didn't receive the plaudits that the likes of Webster, Kalas, Dasilva had. But, he barely made a mistake all season. This signing would make little sense. 

It's a funny business getting in a 2nd keeper, knowing they're only likely to play a handful of games. 

20 minutes ago, RedDave said:

So you are both happy with us signing any keeper at all because De Gea makes mistakes. Blimey

No not the point at all, but as usual you've taken your normal stance of your opinion is right and everybody else's is wrong, and now we can sign any keeper at all because they all make mistakes.

If you re-read my original post, it says if it was a cheap deal I wouldn't be against it.

Therefore millions of pounds in transfer fees and a high wage to sit on the bench (probably for a while at least), wouldn't be such a good idea. 

Personally if we're looking to bring in a full time goalkeeper on big money (unlike the bloke from Colchester who would be coaching as well), then it needs to be someone considerably better than Niki. That ain't Bentley. 

Bentley cheap - yes. Anything substantial, no, move on.

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

No not the point at all, but as usual you've taken your normal stance of your opinion is right and everybody else's is wrong, and now we can sign any keeper at all because they all make mistakes.

If you re-read my original post, it says if it was a cheap deal I wouldn't be against it.

Therefore millions of pounds in transfer fees and a high wage to sit on the bench (probably for a while at least), wouldn't be such a good idea. 

Personally if we're looking to bring in a full time goalkeeper on big money (unlike the bloke from Colchester who would be coaching as well), then it needs to be someone considerably better than Niki. That ain't Bentley. 

Bentley cheap - yes. Anything substantial, no, move on.

The mentioning of De Gea is ridiculous.

Bentley has been poor for a while now. I don’t want a poor reserve keeper. 

Cardiff signed a new reserve keeper yesterday on a free. Better than Bentley and on a free.  

You don’t need to aim so low

20 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Quite the accusation 

Well not as clear as Shane Duffy own goals for Blackburn when he wanted to leave.

20 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Looks like he’s not reluctant to come off his line which is great. We’ve needed a commanding goalkeeper for a few years now and he looks the part. Good shot stopper and ball distributor too it seems.

Yep. Brave and confident off his line. I think ability wise he will be a great signing if he can stop making silly mistakes, and he is young for a goalkeeper

6 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

Maenpaa was our unsung hero last season. His injuries meant he didn't receive the plaudits that the likes of Webster, Kalas, Dasilva had. But, he barely made a mistake all season. This signing would make little sense. 

It's a funny business getting in a 2nd keeper, knowing they're only likely to play a handful of games. 

Yeap. The Mulgrew goal is the only one I can think of and that's debatable, could have been cleared at the near post.

51 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Looks like he’s not reluctant to come off his line which is great. We’ve needed a commanding goalkeeper for a few years now and he looks the part. Good shot stopper and ball distributor too it seems.

Looks physically imposing and the type of keeper who is difficult to beat but what’s he like on the deck with the ball at his feet?

42 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Looks physically imposing and the type of keeper who is difficult to beat but what’s he like on the deck with the ball at his feet?

I’d guess he’d be used to it playing for Brentford who IMO play the best football in the championship

Archived