IGNORED

SIGNED: Daniel Bentley

hoxton casual

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Because of lack of experience he will go out on loan, then when Nikki leaves he will replace him with a lot more experience under his belt

Don't agree with the sentiment, but thats opinions for you.

He looked to me that he was every bit ready to get that experience here, didn't let us down at all.

1 minute ago, WestonRobin said:

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

The leadership team changed at Brentford last year; the coaching, discussions and overall environment many not have been to Bentley’s liking, as a result he was able to perform at his best.

He is talented and I think we have the setup and ambition to help him flourish.

Good signing - welcome Daniel.

Hope you are correct. This is our year 

1 minute ago, screech said:

Don't agree with the sentiment, but thats opinions for you.

He looked to me that he was every bit ready to get that experience here, didn't let us down at all.

Not for me, he struggled to command his box for me, and that’s only due to lack of experience,

He will make a good living and hopefully with city but he isn’t there just yet

Da Silva back was excellent, but also really required once Kelly moved on.

The lad from Colchester seems a no-brainier as is young, a two time top scorer for them, and for compensation too, so essentially a punt, and hopefully a decent one.

Bentley would have been a massive signing a few years back when he was very highly rated, but with his form cooling a bit, this looks more like an opportunist signing of a player with promise than a big shot signing - but that’s no bad thing, and may have helped us get him.

I‘m happy with the business so far; Kalas would be a massive one too, so hopefully that is on. Am hoping we find a striker to plug into the senior ranks too, as were shallow there at time last year, but plenty of time yet.

Nice work so far from the club.

It’s not a question of sending Max out on loan, it’s finding for him the right loan, where he will be expertly coached. I wonder whether we are, so say, signing the keeper from Colchester specifically to provide coaching to Max at the club to which he is loaned (obviously acting as our third choice keeper if required)? Just a thought. 

Welcome to BCFC Dan, it will be really good to have strong opposition for the keepers shirt, guessing Max will go out on loan while NM and DK battle it out for the shirt. If he’s better than NM then he will be an excellent signing. 

Delighted with our transfer business so far.

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

It’s not a question of sending Max out on loan, it’s finding for him the right loan, where he will be expertly coached. I wonder whether we are, so say, signing the keeper from Colchester specifically to provide coaching to Max at the club to which he is loaned (obviously acting as our third choice keeper if required)? Just a thought. 

Colchester ? I'm officially confused Rudy old sock.

13 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Tremendous signing top keeper about time we invested in a keeper i think the last time was jan moller welcome to the gate dan

I think Billy Mercer would have turned out to be a fantastic one - his injuries were very unfortunate - what might have been .... we had a real good ‘un there 

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Ideally he needs a League 1 loan and he is certainly good enough to get one if someone has a spot available.

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Differing opinions. I’ve seen him about 15 times 

15 times last season ?

If it wasn’t The season before he was outstanding for Brentford and there was talk of a move to Premier League and even England future

And before that he was outstanding at Southend

Amazing how many times you’ve claimed to have watched a player whether In Oldham or London yet still make City games

He is a very good keeper and has displayed so 

The one issue with keepers is they can tend to star and perform brilliantly when new / as a youngster butlose their way

Bentley has the potential to be a Premier League Keeper

Reading Brentford fans views he made great saves last season but also had  mares / errors

I can’t ever remember a keeper in the history of the game who has not made mistakes or had a dodgy spell

The best ones are the ones who don’t make many , Seaman springs to mind

When I think of Bentley , I think Joe Hart in lots of ways and for a Club of our standing he’s a brave an ambitious signing

19 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Don't mind it but a bit of a slap in the face to Max who stood up and did the business when required 

Max has plenty of time yet, he will get a good loan in League 1 and build on his appearances from last season.

We need players who are ready at this level and Bentley is a top keeper in my opinion 

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

Max has plenty of time yet, he will get a good loan in League 1 and build on his appearances from last season.

We need players who are ready at this level and Bentley is a top keeper in my opinion 

I think Max has proved his pedigree also

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

15 times last season ?

If it wasn’t The season before he was outstanding for Brentford and there was talk of a move to Premier League and even England future

And before that he was outstanding at Southend

Amazing how many times you’ve claimed to have watched a player whether In Oldham or London yet still make City games

He is a very good keeper and has displayed so 

The one issue with keepers is they can tend to star and perform brilliantly when new / as a youngster butlose their way

Bentley has the potential to be a Premier League Keeper

Reading Brentford fans views he made great saves last season but also had  mares / errors

I can’t ever remember a keeper in the history of the game who has not made mistakes or had a dodgy spell

The best ones are the ones who don’t make many , Seaman springs to mind

When I think of Bentley , I think Joe Hart in lots of ways and for a Club of our standing he’s a brave an ambitious signing

It’s 2019 Bob. I don’t need to go to games to see players play.  Saw Bentley 5 times last season I think.

Last two seasons he has been poor. Let’s hope he gets back to his 2016 and previous days 

Archived