Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

hoxton casual

SIGNED: Daniel Bentley

Looks like he’s not reluctant to come off his line which is great. We’ve needed a commanding goalkeeper for a few years now and he looks the part. Good shot stopper and ball distributor too it seems.

Edited by RedEyez
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Looks like he’s not reluctant to come off his line which is great. We’ve needed a commanding goalkeeper for a few years now and he looks the part. Good shot stopper and ball distributor too it seems.

Yep. Brave and confident off his line. I think ability wise he will be a great signing if he can stop making silly mistakes, and he is young for a goalkeeper

6 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

Maenpaa was our unsung hero last season. His injuries meant he didn't receive the plaudits that the likes of Webster, Kalas, Dasilva had. But, he barely made a mistake all season. This signing would make little sense. 

It's a funny business getting in a 2nd keeper, knowing they're only likely to play a handful of games. 

Yeap. The Mulgrew goal is the only one I can think of and that's debatable, could have been cleared at the near post.

51 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Looks physically imposing and the type of keeper who is difficult to beat but what’s he like on the deck with the ball at his feet?

42 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Looks physically imposing and the type of keeper who is difficult to beat but what’s he like on the deck with the ball at his feet?

I’d guess he’d be used to it playing for Brentford who IMO play the best football in the championship

44 minutes ago, INCRED said:

If he wasn't good with his feet we wouldn't want to sign him.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

But confused why everyone seems delighted with this signing but hope he proves me very wrong 

I know! He’s made countless errors this season , Brentford fans are laughing at us 

Edited by Hocca

2 hours ago, INCRED said:

That’s the best part of his game 

1 minute ago, Hocca said:

I know! He’s mad countless errors this season , Brentford fans are laughing at us 

Fielding is better at everything bar with the ball at his feet.  

I would rather have Fielding

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Aubergine 1
  • Rovers 2

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

But confused why everyone seems delighted with this signing but hope he proves me very wrong 

It all depends if you believe the saying about class being permanent and form being temporary. Have to assume BCFC believe it and that we have been following ever since his move to Brentford.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

No he really isn’t Bentley is twice the keeper fielding is

• Like 3
  • Aubergine 1

2 minutes ago, Hocca said:

I know! He’s made countless errors this season , Brentford fans are laughing at us 

Let them worry about themselves, if he can unseat Nikki then he must be half decent. 

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

It all depends if you believe the saying about class being permanent and form being temporary. Have to assume BCFC believe it and that we have been following ever since his move to Brentford.

.... and before.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

He has talent no doubt and Brentford fans have said he’s chucked a few in but he’s better than fielding in all aspects 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

When was the last time we had two top championship level keepers? A very good signing and also will give Max the opportunity to develop on loan. 

We don’t have two now 

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 2
  • Rovers 1

Better pop off to Millwall this season then

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

We have one experienced keeper in Maennpaa who is an upgrade on Fielding. We now have a younger version competing for a place and Max O’Leary can go out to League 1 for a season.

Edited by Numero Uno

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

We don’t have two now 

Are you ever happy ? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

No we have 3

How many times you seen him play Monkeh? Genuinely interested as cannot fathom why everyone seems delighted

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

Are you ever happy ? 

I’m usually happy. Delighted over the last few years. This is the best city team in my life time and been watching city a long time 

We don’t have two now 

Bentley and Niki aren't established Championship keepers? 

Bentley may have been out of form in the last season, but 125+ apps at Championship level for a keeper at the age of 25 shows there is a player there.

How many times you seen him play Monkeh? Genuinely interested as cannot fathom why everyone seems delighted

I’m usually happy. Delighted over the last few years. This is the best city team in my life time and been watching city a long time 

Bentley? 20 odd times at Southend and brentford

• Thanks 1

Just to be clear, I am delighted with every aspect of the club. I’m not even that bothered if we go up cos I love watching city every other week and get to a fair few away games.

positive about nearly every signing 

I just don’t like this one 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Bit much, can we not have a player leave on good terms without having a pop at him.

Not having a pop at fielding at all, go back through my posting history and you’ll see me defending him on more then one occasion,

loved frankie Bentley is just a much much better keeper

Edited by Monkeh

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Bentley and Niki aren't established Championship keepers? 

Bentley may have been out of form in the last season, but 125+ apps at Championship level for a keeper at the age of 25 shows there is a player there.

The statement was top end not established. Obviously he’s established. I just think he isn’t a goalie for a top six side