IGNORED

SIGNED: Daniel Bentley

hoxton casual

The key thing about Bentley is that it appears to be that he was brilliant at Southend, and very good at Brentford up until last season. I would be surprised if at 25 he gets worse and he stays worse and never gets back to the player he was when he was say 23 and younger. 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Dave. He is a talent, everyone could see that a couple of years ago at Southend. he apparently has had a wobbly time at Brentford, but if you bother to read back through this thread you will see that he seems to have a very valid reason for this as there was a personal issue in his life that would have damaged his concentration. That is in the past now and we have given him a new environment to get back on track. 

Yeah but he’s a footballer who gets paid 10 grand a week so must be a robot who doesn’t get affected by personal stuff us mere mortals might be upset about!!

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Just to be clear, I am delighted with every aspect of the club. I’m not even that bothered if we go up cos I love watching city every other week and get to a fair few away games.

positive about nearly every signing 

I just don’t like this one 

Don't mind it but a bit of a slap in the face to Max who stood up and did the business when required 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Then you should have noticed he has gone backwards massively 

He hasn’t he had a tough season but Brentford were very open at the back last season so most keepers would of struggled,

form is temporary class is Permanent,

j

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Our aim is to become one

Look, I hope I’m wrong. Fingers crossed

There is a player there who can develop into a top 6 keeper though, which is our ethos. Many would have said the same about a certain Adam Webster last season and look how he has come on under LJ. 

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Don't mind it but a bit of a slap in the face to Max who stood up and did the business when required 

Max didn’t let us down by any stretch but to me he needs another 40-50 professional games asap to get up to speed. He wouldn’t have got that here unless Niki picked up an injury simply because he isn’t at that level just yet.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He will come again Tone, plenty of time especially if the new coach can get him commanding his box..

He did well enough IMO. Might need some coaching on a few aspects of his game but basically did his job very well.

2 minutes ago, screech said:

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Max played very well in the side in Nikki's absence, so why drop him from the squad?

Because of lack of experience he will go out on loan, then when Nikki leaves he will replace him with a lot more experience under his belt

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Just to be clear, I am delighted with every aspect of the club. I’m not even that bothered if we go up cos I love watching city every other week and get to a fair few away games.

positive about nearly every signing 

I just don’t like this one 

I saw a quote somewhere a while ago from Neil Harris describing him as the best keeper outside of the PL.

An exaggeration no doubt but he is certainly rated.

2 minutes ago, screech said:

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Max played very well in the side in Nikki's absence, so why drop him from the squad?

Because he’s young and needs regular games. Splinters up his backside isn’t what he needs at this stage of his development.

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Then you should have noticed he has gone backwards massively 

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

The leadership team changed at Brentford last year; the coaching, discussions and overall environment many not have been to Bentley’s liking, as a result he may not have been able to perform at his best.

He is talented and I think we have the setup and ambition to help him flourish.

Good signing - welcome Daniel.

Archived