IGNORED

Purple and lime

WarksRobin

Driving up the M6 yesterday through the roadworks near Stafford I noticed they were using purple and lime bollards at works traffic access points. I can only conclude someone involved is a City fan because there is no other plausible explanation.

Has anyone else seen purple and lime combinations in unexpected locations? 

Ps Apologies that I am so bored with the lack of City related football news it has come to this. 

22 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Driving up the M6 yesterday through the roadworks near Stafford I noticed they were using purple and lime bollards at works traffic access points. I can only conclude someone involved is a City fan because there is no other plausible explanation.

Ps Apologies that I am so bored with the lack of City related football news it has come to this. 

I’ve seen purple and lime cones used quite often on roadworks on M4. They did make me chuckle. Is there any significance to their colour with regard to the standard orange cones? 

25 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Signifying overhead cables??

15 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’ve seen purple and lime cones used quite often on roadworks on M4. They did make me chuckle. Is there any significance to their colour with regard to the standard orange cones? 

Yes, different coloured cones signify different hazards, but not standardised across the industry so different contracts use different cones. 

I just got a hunch that we won’t be using those colours so much this year, Last season it was the 3rd kit and used a lot as the white kit wasn’t, but i’m not sure if the club are thinking P&L has had its time? 

I just think the whole of the branding is going to be focused on the new Robin badge, P&L just doesn’t go. 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I just got a hunch that we won’t be using those colours so much this year, Last season it was the 3rd kit and used a lot as the white kit wasn’t, but i’m Not sure if the club are thinking P&L has had its time? 

I just think the whole of the branding is going to be focused on the new Robin badge, P&L just doesn’t go. 

I remember when they launched the new badge, there was a link to a brand guidelines document on another website, and on there they had purple and lime as part of the official color palette along with red and white, so hopefully it's here to stay.

I had a quick look and here's the image:

bristol_city_fc_guidelines_a.jpg

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I remember when they launched the new badge, there was a link to a brand guidelines document on another website, and on there they had purple and lime as part of the official color palette along with red and white, so hopefully it's here to stay.

Hopefully yes, I like P&L, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a more ‘cleaner’  set of colours, like the billboards were when just red, black and white were used. 

5 hours ago, Porto Red said:

I decorated my living room in purple and lime shortly before City brought it back, if that counts...!

Did you buy some sun glasses at the same time?

9 hours ago, RedM said:

I just got a hunch that we won’t be using those colours so much this year, Last season it was the 3rd kit and used a lot as the white kit wasn’t, but i’m not sure if the club are thinking P&L has had its time? 

Shame really as it’s very popular with supporters, pretty sure we have a decent record when wearing it too.

15 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

I spotted cones like that when on my way to Millwall.

On 19/06/2019 at 07:13, WarksRobin said:

I bought some purple and lime pants from Tesco.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 08:22, Woodsy said:

Saw them yesterday, exactly what they are used for

they are doing some road resurfacing here at the moment and up near tescos there is one blue and lime cone with overhead power cables printed on it. 

Archived