IGNORED

Scotland Vs Argentina (Merged)

myol'man

Between this World Cup and the nations league I am very close to losing faith in the ‘professional game’.

Having played in goal to a decent level, you cannot stand rooted to your line. It’s impossible. 

To get booked for attempting to dive, which then means you are now very close to getting sent off if you do it again, pathetic.

What the **** is going on? It’s a game, you cannot legislate everything by VAR.

The game has gone to bollocks.

2 minutes ago, Posset red said:

Welcome to football 21 century slowly the game is getting killed bravo 

I really cannot believe what’s happened.

Giving the ball back after it accidentally hits the ref?

Who the **** cares?

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Scotland were robbed. That is a truly awful thing to use VAR for. Should never happen again. 

I thought the decisions (to the letter of the law) were correct 

But that business with the added time was nuts, Ironically it instantly took the sting out of a tense finish as both sides could not believe the referee 

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

There’s no point in the keeper any more for penalties unless the ball goes down the middle. 

Its a joke, VAR is killing football

What kills it even more is the fact that you get booked!! Why the **** are you going to try and dive again when someone in a ******* trailer outside will tell the ref to send you off.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I thought the decisions (to the letter of the law) were correct 

But that business with the added time was nuts, Ironically it instantly took the sting out of a tense finish as both sides could not believe the referee 

Rules are a bag of shit.

Unnecessary, who has thought of all this crap over the last 18 months?

ive had enough.

Interesting one on the keepers. Got to say the standard of keeping has improved beyond belief.

With the penalties, keepers have had it all their way for a long time. They’ve effectively been ‘rushing’ penalty takers. Now just got to re-learn diving from a stationary position. Difficult, but not impossible. Clearly, gives the advantage back to the taker with the likelihood of added goals and more excitement. 

Enjoying watching a few matches. Skill levels are up their with the men, some really nice footwork on display. Even better, less cheating which is ruining the men’s game. 

The rule has changed, the Scottish keeper broke the rule. What on earth was supposed to happen? Bleating about it after the event and blaming the ref / var is just being a bad loser. 

Also, what the hell was the keeper doing on the retake? She was stood a t least a yard off centre, the ball went straight down the middle where she should have been, and she moved off the line again anyway !!!!!

That's not to say that this new rule isn't crap, and don't even get me started again on '''handball'''

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

There’s no point in the keeper any more for penalties unless the ball goes down the middle. 

The 2nd pen did go down the middle....

Throwing away a 3 goal lead with 20mins to go, that's more unforgiveable.

As is the pathetic timekeeping after the pen when an extra 3 or 4 mins could've been added on following VAR.

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That’s a massive understatement! The way they are applying VAR is an absolute joke and the total opposite way they said it would be used, whatever happened to their ‘clear and obvious’ errors? They are checking everything over and over again to try and find the smallest of infringements to award penalties, goals, disallow goals, and in tonight’s case retake penalties. Things like Lingaard’s big toe being offside and Scotland’s keeper tonight are all that is wrong with VAR and why it’s suddenly spoilt what was a beautiful game, the Officials may aswell all be made redundant. 

30 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Between this World Cup and the nations league I am very close to losing faith in the ‘professional game’.

Having played in goal to a decent level, you cannot stand rooted to your line. It’s impossible. 

To get booked for attempting to dive, which then means you are now very close to getting sent off if you do it again, pathetic.

What the **** is going on? It’s a game, you cannot legislate everything by VAR.

The game has gone to bollocks.

I've played in goal myself for the best part of 30 years (not at high levels though), and the last thing on my mind when facing a penalty is whether I'm stood on the goal line, too busy focussing on the kick itself.  Having said that some keepers have been taking the michael for years (remember Dudek in Champions League final 2005, nearly on the six-yard line on one of the ones he saved)

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I've played in goal myself for the best part of 30 years (not at high levels though), and the last thing on my mind when facing a penalty is whether I'm stood on the goal line, too busy focussing on the kick itself.  Having said that some keepers have been taking the michael for years (remember Dudek in Champions League final 2005, nearly on the six-yard line on one of the ones he saved)

Yep agree, but again like the handball rule, the rule is there to legislate against you ‘closing an attacker down’ not actually to make sure you stand on a line. Like handball the rule is there so you do not play it with arm or hand, not to make sure the ball never hits your arm or hand.

If course both are subjective, but it’s a game. By trying to use VAR to legislate on everything you are killing the thing that made it the most popular sport in the world.

23 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

The rule has changed, the Scottish keeper broke the rule. What on earth was supposed to happen? Bleating about it after the event and blaming the ref / var is just being a bad loser. 

Also, what the hell was the keeper doing on the retake? She was stood a t least a yard off centre, the ball went straight down the middle where she should have been, and she moved off the line again anyway !!!!!

That's not to say that this new rule isn't crap, and don't even get me started again on '''handball'''

Correct, nobody disputes the retake.

The completely unnecessary rule change and the now obvious bag of shit that is VAR are the issues.

Its complete bollocks.

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Yep agree, but again like the handball rule, the rule is there to legislate against you ‘closing an attacker down’ not actually to make sure you stand on a line. Like handball the rule is there so you do not play it with arm or hand, not to make sure the ball never hits your arm or hand.

If course both are subjective, but it’s a game. By trying to use VAR to legislate on everything you are killing the thing that made it the most popular sport in the world.

Yes - to be clear I'm not agreeing with the new rule entirely, if the keeper moves slightly off the line then so be it, if its yards off the line then by all means apply the rule.  At this rate, there will be little point having the keeper there as they would be scared to move for risk of sanction.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Yes - to be clear I'm not agreeing with the new rule entirely, if the keeper moves slightly off the line then so be it, if its yards off the line then by all means apply the rule.  At this rate, there will be little point having the keeper there as they would be scared to move for risk of sanction.

Especially when they’ve been booked.

Imagine a keeper being sent off for that!! 

How does that offence in any way warrant restricting a team to 10 players?

Scandalous state of affairs. How do we change it?

And this of course will only apply in grounds in this  country that have VAR!  What happened to the simple task of relying on the match officials? Again next season we will have the bizarre situation  in cup matches where VAR can be applied in one match but not another!

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Especially when they’ve been booked.

Imagine a keeper being sent off for that!! 

How does that offence in any way warrant restricting a team to 10 players?

Scandalous state of affairs. How do we change it?

They will be too proud to scrap the rule (or bloody minded).  

I thought the French one the other evening was bad enough (even worse because it was a crap penalty that went wide initially).  If this is the shape of things to come in the Premier League next season, I for one will have to purchase a job lot of popcorn as it will be entertaining (for the entirely wrong reasons of course).

Archived