IGNORED

Scotland Vs Argentina (Merged)

myol'man

D9dB639X4AMXroP.jpg

What Keepers are being asked to do is illogical on a physical level. Diving requires downward force and foot movement = Feet leaving the line. Unless the dive is the first movement and the Keeper will not be able reach the extremes of the goal.

Penalty shoot outs will be?? If they are scrutinised this rigorously.

5 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

D9dB639X4AMXroP.jpg

What Keepers are being asked to do is illogical on a physical level. Diving requires downward force and foot movement = Feet leaving the line. Unless the dive is the first movement and the Keeper will not be able reach the extremes of the goal.

That picture makes it look like the keeper’s left heel might be over the goal line (always hard to be sure if the picture is not in line). Does the rule say you have to have part of a foot actually on the line? If so, even more ridiculous than I thought.

Never mind..........it was apparantly all the officials fault that the Scots got knocked out, and they will bounce back according to their captain?   World Cups and Scotland are a fatal cocktail, whatever the gender, so get used to a load more failure in the future. Bounce back from that, why don't you?

30 minutes ago, 054123 said:

By trying to use VAR to legislate on everything you are killing the thing that made it the most popular sport in the world.

Could not agree more with this: a big part of the reason football is such a great sport is that goals are (generally) very valuable, so getting one (or preventing one, e.g. by a penalty save) is a big deal that warrants an explosive celebration. One of the worst things as a spectator is getting that moment of celebration then realising the goal’s been disallowed. There will be a lot more times in VAR world when a goal goes in and the fans’ reaction will be not to celebrate but to look at the ref to see if the goal should stand. Not nearly as much fun.

31 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

D9dB639X4AMXroP.jpg

The rule is ‘at least part of one foot must be on or in line with the goal line when the kick is taken”. Pretty sure part of her foot is breaking the goal line. Where is the clear and obvious error here? Even if the rule is fine, it’s interpretation here with VAR is nonsense.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Between this World Cup and the nations league I am very close to losing faith in the ‘professional game’.

Having played in goal to a decent level, you cannot stand rooted to your line. It’s impossible. 

To get booked for attempting to dive, which then means you are now very close to getting sent off if you do it again, pathetic.

What the **** is going on? It’s a game, you cannot legislate everything by VAR.

The game has gone to bollocks.

I agree i thought v.a.r was only gonna be used for contentious decisions but its totally ruining the game Brazil had three goals disallowed due to v.a.r last night why the hell do you need a linesmen you have to wait five minutes now to see if the goal stands  rediculous .

40 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

D9dB639X4AMXroP.jpg

Looking at this part of her foot is in the line.

What a sad state of affairs that frame by frame replays are used to run a game.

And they still got it wrong!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Var is shit. 

My interest in football will wane if this sort of thing becomes a regular feature. 

Based on the picture above, every single penalty will be a retake. 

What an absolute crock of shit. 

Keepers will change their starting point to a foot behind the goal line so they can still move forward to level.   Before this nonsense, 75% of penalties were scored. I think that’s fine as a percentage. It will get close to 90% I reckon.

Everyone loved VAR in principle but it was obvious the practise would ruin the game for me.

I don't completely agree with it but at least with the Scotland one, the keeper actually saved the penalty. The one France had retaken the other night was even worse. The penalty taker put it wide and they pulled it back to be retaken as the keeper was a little off the line when she jumped (a few inches). Not a chance would that have made any significant impact on the penalty taker - it was just a terrible penalty. 

Scotland keeper was off her line on first penalty, replays showed that. But as others have said if the player like France put it past the post or over the bar what difference does one step make. Second pen keeper started behind the line and one foot was just touching the line, but what about all the players in the box when it was taken, no consistency with how it’s being used.

Didn't want VAR in the first place and it’s now basically neutralising atmospheres at grounds. No one knows what’s going on or why games have been stopped and getting to the stage you can’t celebrate a goal.

I thought it was going to be used in clear and obvious decisions not every single incident in the match and decisions which need 50 views and angles to decide maybe it’s right or not.

Commercial Modern football is now dead for me - this may well be my last season.

I've watched a few episodes of the Big Match during the week showing the games from the 70's, and I'm not joking I almost had a tear in my eye seeing what we are now missing out on.

I've already retired from watching International football, and that will hurt in the future.  But International football is no longer the same sport.

Non-league footie may well be the way forwards.

What with all these VAR incidents,what happens to the fans who have trains to catch,or have to be at work at a certain time after a game,how the **** can you plan anything if there’s a chance there might be 10 -15 mins added time.

13 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Scotland keeper was off her line on first penalty, replays showed that. But as others have said if the player like France put it past the post or over the bar what difference does one step make. Second pen keeper started behind the line and one foot was just touching the line, but what about all the players in the box when it was taken, no consistency with how it’s being used.

Didn't want VAR in the first place and it’s now basically neutralising atmospheres at grounds. No one knows what’s going on or why games have been stopped and getting to the stage you can’t celebrate a goal.

I thought it was going to be used in clear and obvious decisions not every single incident in the match and decisions which need 50 views and angles to decide maybe it’s right or not.

Disagree, according to the letter of the bullshit law, her left heel is on the line when the ball is kicked (see other thread).

Proves what a waste of time this all is.

15 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Disagree, according to the letter of the bullshit law, her left heel is on the line when the ball is kicked (see other thread).

Proves what a waste of time this all is.

Watching the game last night, they showed penalty and she was about a foot off line when penalty was taken. Second penalty her heel was on the line.

10 hours ago, 054123 said:

Between this World Cup and the nations league I am very close to losing faith in the ‘professional game’.

Having played in goal to a decent level, you cannot stand rooted to your line. It’s impossible. 

To get booked for attempting to dive, which then means you are now very close to getting sent off if you do it again, pathetic.

What the **** is going on? It’s a game, you cannot legislate everything by VAR.

The game has gone to bollocks.

You could start behind the line. 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

You could start behind the line. 

So even farther away??

Whats the point?? What a complete and unnecessary waste of everybody’s time and effort.

This has no positive effect on the game so why bother? 

• Admin

Without wanting to wind up @054123 I fully understand what he is saying

But rightly or wrongly these are the new rules, the GK has to take responsibility for not having her foot on the line - I am sure she must have practiced this in training?

On the flip side, the Scots should be more concerned about how they capitulated so badly in the last phase of the game

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

But rightly or wrongly these are the new rules, the GK has to take responsibility for not having her foot on the line - I am sure she must have practiced this in training?

On the flip side, the Scots should be more concerned about how they capitulated so badly in the last phase of the game

No problem with the decision, Emmy issue is more with the rules changes and how unnecessary they are.

Also the way VAR is now being used.

Just don’t feel either were, or are, needed.

59 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Commercial Modern football is now dead for me - this may well be my last season.

I've watched a few episodes of the Big Match during the week showing the games from the 70's, and I'm not joking I almost had a tear in my eye seeing what we are now missing out on.

I've already retired from watching International football, and that will hurt in the future.  But International football is no longer the same sport.

Non-league footie may well be the way forwards.

I don’t watch much football outside of Ashton gate these days, prem doesn’t really interest me there is so much on tv now it all becomes bland

7 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Just listened to the new law ver batum, you cannot stand in front of or behind the line.

What an unnecessary rule 

So you have to be on the line, or hovering slightly above it?

13 hours ago, phantom said:

Without wishing to be rude it will be impractical. The foot patterns when a keeper dives are different. Most Keepers use shuffle or cross over steps when diving. Norms are first step is forwards and drive. The new rules expect Keepers to use a technique that basically does not exist.

Put this one alongside the new handball rule. On a physiological (movement) level its again a nonsense.    

Archived