IGNORED

New sin bin rule

bengalcub

So ive just been informed that all amateur league football under the gfa will be operating a 10 minute sinbin rule for dissent.

Sounds complete nonsense to me how the officials can time 2 or 3 players going of at slightly differant times for 10 mins each plus add on the time that the stoppages have taken whilst keeping the time of the actual game is beyond me yet again the fa doing there upmost to kill grassroots football , utterly clueless.

4 hours ago, bengalcub said:

So ive just been informed that all amateur league football under the gfa will be operating a 10 minute sinbin rule for dissent.

Sounds complete nonsense to me how the officials can time 2 or 3 players going of at slightly differant times for 10 mins each plus add on the time that the stoppages have taken whilst keeping the time of the actual game is beyond me yet again the fa doing there upmost to kill grassroots football , utterly clueless.

They manage it in hockey with 2, 5 and 10 minute sin bin periods for different offences so I don’t see why it would be impossible in football. 

If players could carry themselves with a modicum of respectability this would not be necessary. 

Clearly if this was to make it into the professional game it would be handled by the fourth official, so no impact on the referee at all. It's really not difficult to comprehend.

The sin bin should apply to all yellow cards not just dissent. That’s the referees association being precious.

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The sin bin should apply to all yellow cards not just dissent. That’s the referees association being precious.

Couldn't agree more

Stop all these niggly fouls, dissent, diving etc at a drop of a hat

28 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Dont you think that diving would actually increase though ?

Ha. Valid point, Horse

I'd just send any one who's backside touches the ground off. Stay in your bloody feet

There. That should solve it? ?‍♂️

16 hours ago, bengalcub said:

I attended one of the Somerset FA presentations for coaches and referees.

I will go with its the opposite of complete nonsense, this one is a good idea. It has been trialled and appears to work. Officials will cope easily, they did in trials. 2 to 3  players don't go off, they get the message after one.

My observations is that it should be the game punching upwards, its the pro game that needs changing first.

59 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I attended one of the Somerset FA presentations for coaches and referees.

I will go with its the opposite of complete nonsense, this one is a good idea. It has been trialled and appears to work. Officials will cope easily, they did in trials. 2 to 3  players don't go off, they get the message after one.

My observations is that it should be the game punching upwards, its the pro game that needs changing first.

Completely agree with the last bit and made the same comment at a SFA presentation. The problem is not grass roots, it’s top down. 

The kids I coach are taught plenty about respect but sadly once they watch the pros they think that’s the way to behave.

Its a cliche but rugby had it right and having also coached junior rugby, it’s painfully obvious.

Archived