IGNORED

LJ on Sky Sports News

Lrrr

10 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

Interesting that LJ is now playing down any thoughts of going and spending big; especially given how before he was saying how ambitious he wanted to be and that big signings are a necessity.

Perhaps a smokescreen, and LJ regrets originally saying we were going to spend big?

He said the club will be “Bold” in the transfer market which doesn’t necessarily equate to spending big

I still expect us to sign the 3 Chelsea lads permanently and a top quality striker on loan

Any other incomings will be opportunistic and right time right players if a deal is to be had

Roll on 1st July!!

14 minutes ago, INCRED said:

He said the club will be “Bold” in the transfer market which doesn’t necessarily equate to spending big

I still expect us to sign the 3 Chelsea lads permanently and a top quality striker on loan

Any other incomings will be opportunistic and right time right players if a deal is to be had

Roll on 1st July!!

Yep, could be bringing in a free transfer but doing something clever with wages, e.g. £20k per week but big signing on fee.

38 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Which Championship club will?

I just stated in my opinion £100m is huge not that anyone would spend that amount 

For our club £30m would be “Bold” but the word could mean so many different things with regards to transfers & recruitment 

we could have a couple of top quality loans again - it’s anyones guess at the moment 

LJ is sometimes too open for his own good. He should have anticipated that saying that in his opinion the club should be bold and that he would say that to the Board would be translated by some fans as a statement that the club was definitely going to spend a fortune.

He should have given a bland answer so as not to give anybody a chance to wilfully misinterpret his words. However many times people are reminded what he actually said they will still hold him to account for what he didn't say.

47 minutes ago, chinapig said:

LJ is sometimes too open for his own good. He should have anticipated that saying that in his opinion the club should be bold and that he would say that to the Board would be translated by some fans as a statement that the club was definitely going to spend a fortune.

He should have given a bland answer so as not to give anybody a chance to wilfully misinterpret his words. However many times people are reminded what he actually said they will still hold him to account for what he didn't say.

Fans see/hear various comments from LJ what they want to see/hear and frequently misinterpret them.

I read from his ‘bold’ comment that he was going to try and impress upon the board (SL) that having had a decent season with clear proof of improvement that now is the time to invest to help push on towards the PL.....That doesn’t mean having access to a substantial war chest tho.....wages are inevitably the stumbling block in negotiations.

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

Same with Semenyo and LJ has hinted that he could feature significantly and that might mean that City don’t sign another striker............:dunno:

If that’s the case it’d be a big mistake in my view.

LJ gambled with Bobby Reid and that worked, perhaps Semenyo can have a similar impact?

44 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

LJ gambled with Bobby Reid and that worked, perhaps Semenyo can have a similar impact?

The difference being is that Reid was originally a midfielder/rb and LJ developed him into a striker. Semenyo has always been a front man as far as I’m aware.

The gamble with Semenyo will be whether or not he’s ready for Championship football and the better quality defenders he’ll be facing.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

The difference being is that Reid was originally a midfielder/rb and LJ developed him into a striker. Semenyo has always been a front man as far as I’m aware.

The gamble with Semenyo will be whether or not he’s ready for Championship football and the better quality defenders he’ll be facing.

He's certainly ready in a physical sense.

He had a few games toward the end of the season where he looked a bit lost and needs pre-season to get to grips with what is required in the championship. I'm looking forward to how he steps up - or not. He could be a revelation..

Isn't he suspended for the first game ?

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Semenyo started off as a midfielder, but since being at City always been a striker. Moved to wing with Newport.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

When was Reid a right back?

Archived