IGNORED

LJ giving cash to Section 82

Blagdon red

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Could have been greater. Miser. Think before you act.

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A great gesture but should have been £1,500

Zero is nothing. He might have forgot the last zero. 

Can't be arsed to read the rest. Just **** off and support someone else

A terrific gesture

I'm glad that he has given something.....i think that, despite it being a small gesture, he has given something back to the fans that had the good grace to remain positive as we gracefully moved down the table over the last 5 games of last season. He may earn a lot more than most of us ....he could have given nothing.....but chose to try and engage.....why criticise the man?

Seemingly he can't do right for doing wrong.....I hope these flags help us stuff LUFC on day one! 

1 minute ago, MelksRed said:

I'm glad that he has given something.....i think that, despite it being a small gesture, he has given something back to the fans that had the good grace to remain positive as we gracefully moved down the table over the last 5 games of last season. He may earn a lot more than most of us ....he could have given nothing.....but chose to try and engage.....why criticise the man?

Seemingly he can't do right for doing wrong.....I hope these flags help us stuff LUFC on day one! 

Agree with you, and I'd just add that I don't think he can give much more really, no matter how much cash he has in the bank.

150 quid is already 7.5% of the stated target of 2,000. Contributing much more than that begins to move LJ to almost having something of a controlling stake in the coffers of S82. Say he did, as one of our favourite posters suggests, contribute 1,500. That would mean he had paid for 75% of the total. At that point, no matter the intention, it begins to look as though any flags or posters or tifos or whatever S82 buy are not S82's displays but LJ's displays. If those displays are then found to be offensive, illegal, a fire hazard etc then LJ is going to be caught square in the crosshairs of responsibility.

This is before you begin to consider that S82 are (I believe) fiercely independent of the club. Of course by the nature and location of their work they have to co-operate with the club but so far as I am aware there is no direct club control over S82's actions. Now, consider a situation where the head coach has directly funded 75% of the flags on display - does that look independent to anyone? In my opinion it does not.

So, LJ has made a good choice. He has donated a very healthy sum that is well beyond the capability of most of us. He has also inadvertently raised the profile of the campaign and leant it some additional credibility. At the same time he has kept his donation modest enough that he can avoid allegations of control or meddling in S82's affairs.

In all it's a great gesture and a well measured one.

2 more pages of utter shite.

A brief timeline for the readers:

1) Great gesture by LJ

2) Scandinavian turps nudger has a pop

3) 37 posts later someone points out said Scandinavian pisshead donated a ludicrous amount previously (presumably when pissed again)

4) Scandinavian philanthropist slaps forehead and checks bank account

5) And what-not for 4 more pages

Tomorrow it is midsummer day and a lot of people are doing very strange things risking their future. Not me. My mother in law will for eight hours come home to here home and I will do the food. She has got Parkinsonism and can only move here right arm slightly. She tells us important things like the home care owe here £4 taking hours. All very sad. After eight hours we are exhausted. All the best.  

13 minutes ago, Oops said:

2 more pages of utter shite.

A brief timeline for the readers:

1) Great gesture by LJ

2) Scandinavian turps nudger has a pop

3) 37 posts later someone points out said Scandinavian pisshead donated a ludicrous amount previously (presumably when pissed again)

4) Scandinavian philanthropist slaps forehead and checks bank account

5) And what-not for 4 more pages

I know what I'm doing and this is one I don't regret. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Fair play to LJ, but to commission S82 to print a huge bedsheet with “JOHNSON OUT” is a bit insecure!

Ah, you beat me to it Dave. Was gonna say, little does LJ know, but he’s just self-funded 100 bed sheets to be scruffily scribed with ‘Johnson Out Midget’ 

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Tomorrow it is midsummer day and a lot of people are doing very strange things risking their future. Not me. My mother in law will for eight hours come home to here home and I will do the food. She has got Parkinsonism and can only move here right arm slightly. She tells us important things like the home care owe here £4 taking hours. All very sad. After eight hours we are exhausted. All the best.  

Tommy only one day all the best.

16 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm curious how he knew about it?

Seems like it was only launched today, not seen anything about this fundraiser anywhere

LJ appears to be active on various platforms of social media, so I think he is up to date on a lot of issues and also follows a lot of sporting developments.

Probably never sleeps!

2 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

LJ appears to be active on various platforms of social media, so I think he is up to date on a lot of issues and also follows a lot of sporting developments.

Probably never sleeps!

He mentioned yesterday scrolling through twitter every 20 minutes - Might of been tongue and cheek but I imagine he keeps tabs on fans points of views

14 hours ago, Fiale said:

There was a raiser on their several months back, a lot of people donated but it was woefully short of the needed amount and @bristolcitysweden donated £100's to make sure it reached it's target (I cannot remember the amount but it was pretty large). He didn't even really mention it, it was a large percentage of the total. So he might seem strange in his postings to a lot of people, but you cannot doubt that he puts his money up for worthwhile causes unlike some others.

I do believe Tommy donated a large sum to the hospice who looked after Gerry Gow in his final weeks

15 hours ago, Fiale said:

There was a raiser on their several months back, a lot of people donated but it was woefully short of the needed amount and @bristolcitysweden donated £100's to make sure it reached it's target (I cannot remember the amount but it was pretty large). He didn't even really mention it, it was a large percentage of the total. So he might seem strange in his postings to a lot of people, but you cannot doubt that he puts his money up for worthwhile causes unlike some others.

Nice one Tommy!!

15 hours ago, Fiale said:

Fair play to him for that. But he should'nt knock other people who donate. How many other managers would even be aware of such a thing, let alone put their own money to it.

Archived