IGNORED

Middlesbrough home game to be moved as well?

5 minutes ago, JulieH said:

At this stage there are no plans to move the game .

i will continue to monitor but certainly at this stage no plans for the game to be moved 

out of interest what is it like to bring reality to a forum?

My other bit of advice having failed last season to take it is to wait a week before booking trains or hotels for away games , tv companies normally take about that to choose any fixtures and last season I allocated resources only to have to change it all again a week later ?

there is one clash of home games with rovers , so I understand both clubs are currently in discussion around that fixture .

14 minutes ago, JulieH said:

there is one clash of home games with rovers , so I understand both clubs are currently in discussion around that fixture .

In years gone by, when fixtures were compiled by some chap in a shed, using bits of paper, there were no clashes of home games with Rovers. Now we have computers to help there is a clash. That’s progress 

20 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

In years gone by, when fixtures were compiled by some chap in a shed, using bits of paper, there were no clashes of home games with Rovers. Now we have computers to help there is a clash. That’s progress 

I agree, and every year they get leaked the night before as well!! 

40 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I’m sure we’ll move. We’re much more likely to live on Sky than they are....................:rofl2br:

59 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Is there any need for either club to rearrange?  There's no history of violence between City & Wigan, so unlikely to need much of a presence, if any (unless the SAG insist on one I guess).  Pompey can only bring a maximum of 1100 to their game which will hit 9,500 tops. 

What would be the reason for change?  If we had Millwall in town I could understand it, but over 5 miles apart and two visiting teams with no history of violence between them I just can't see where the issue is.

31 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Is there any need for either club to rearrange?  There's no history of violence between City & Wigan, so unlikely to need much of a presence, if any (unless the SAG insist on one I guess).  Pompey can only bring a maximum of 1100 to their game which will hit 9,500 tops. 

What would be the reason for change?  If we had Millwall in town I could understand it, but over 5 miles apart and two visiting teams with no history of violence between them I just can't see where the issue is.

Presumably policing two games - even low risk ones- stretches the manpower a bit?

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Wait to the rugby fixtures come out . :fear:

I imagine this will have a bearing on several of our fixtures, when Sky want to broadcast Bears’ home games, we will have to move any that clash. 

11 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Effectively it’s 4 sets of fans having to be policed and can cause issues at train stations/ city centres etc. 

The policing for it is outside of the footprint for these areas and quite rightly there is no recovery of costs for us to put on extra resources, therefore rather than do this both clubs tend to come up with solutions when these clashes occur. 

We are not talking vast numbers of extra police but just some resilience in case, as you know front line numbers are greatly reduced and it would be difficult to respond and deal with effectively should something happen. 

11 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Wait to the rugby fixtures come out . :fear:

I am told those fixtures are out later than normal  this year . I am not a great rugby fan having only ever watched one game , Bristol v Gloucester at Ashton gate this season. 

23 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Effectively it’s 4 sets of fans having to be policed and can cause issues at train stations/ city centres etc. 

The policing for it is outside of the footprint for these areas and quite rightly there is no recovery of costs for us to put on extra resources, therefore rather than do this both clubs tend to come up with solutions when these clashes occur. 

We are not talking vast numbers of extra police but just some resilience in case, as you know front line numbers are greatly reduced and it would be difficult to respond and deal with effectively should something happen. 

Hi @JulieH I understand the concept of having to police rival fans at train stations and city centre and nobody can doubt cuts made to policing.

Other cities manage to host multiple sporting events with no problem. Why do Avon & Somerset struggle ?

12 hours ago, JulieH said:

My other bit of advice having failed last season to take it is to wait a week before booking trains or hotels for away games , tv companies normally take about that to choose any fixtures and last season I allocated resources only to have to change it all again a week later ?

I thought forest green would be ok on the same day

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

So city at Birmingham on same day as millwall play at wba is ok??

• Admin
1 hour ago, JulieH said:

I am told those fixtures are out later than normal  this year . I am not a great rugby fan having only ever watched one game , Bristol v Gloucester at Ashton gate this season. 

Rugby non league fixtures have just been released, they do it in reverse to football 

11 hours ago, daored said:

Hi @JulieH I understand the concept of having to police rival fans at train stations and city centre and nobody can doubt cuts made to policing.

Other cities manage to host multiple sporting events with no problem. Why do Avon & Somerset struggle ?

We have looked at how they manage their games, they tend to be the bigger forces to be honest, wmp and gmp for examples, and already have an established city centre operation etc .

it is an ongoing problem that we are still working on and I am hoping we can resolve it 

11 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

So city at Birmingham on same day as millwall play at wba is ok??

I am sure wmp will deal with that, but actually both games would be policed on the footprint anyway so there will be some cost recovery I am sure . 

I will give them an e mail next week to see if there are any plans to change either fixture 

Archived