IGNORED

Who is the better player, Weimann or Reid?

Monkeh

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The other thing to think about,

every time a first team player has left we’ve replaced generally with better players although not household names

If you're talking strictly recently, JB & Flint were the only players we improved on who were solid first team players. I don't believe Weimann was an improvement from BR, but of course he still has time to prove that he is 

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

If you're talking strictly recently, JB & Flint were the only players we improved on who were solid first team players. I don't believe Weimann was an improvement from BR, but of course he still has time to prove that he is 

Weinman Twice the player Reid is,

58 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Weinman Twice the player Reid is,

Different type of players Monkeh.

If you’re talking goal return then Reid wins hands down but Weiman works far harder,  covered more ground than Reid and has terrific stamina. In that regard AW wins hands down. 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

If you’re talking goal return then Reid wins hands down but Weiman works far harder,  covered more ground than Reid and has terrific stamina. In that regard AW wins hands down. 

nah. Bobby Ried covered more ground and has more pace, so is more effective at closing down

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I almost never respond to posts from this source these days, with good reason, and will probably live to regret doing so now, but I can't let this go without comment.

I'm sorry, but this is absolute cobblers. It would not be humanly possible for any player to work "far harder" than Reid did in his final season at City. As hard, perhaps, but harder, no. The scoring comparison, fair enough. But both players have fantastic stamina and are tremendous grafters; it is absurd to suggest that one is so far ahead of the other in terms of effort.

Cue unsolicited critique of my writing style and similar patronising put-downs. Thick skin/tin hat time, no doubt.

12 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

I almost never respond to posts from this source these days, with good reason, and will probably live to regret doing so now, but I can't let this go without comment.

I'm sorry, but this is absolute cobblers. It would not be humanly possible for any player to work "far harder" than Reid did in his final season at City. As hard, perhaps, but harder, no. The scoring comparison, fair enough. But both players have fantastic stamina and are tremendous grafters; it is absurd to suggest that one is so far ahead of the other in terms of effort.

Cue unsolicited critique of my writing style and similar patronising put-downs. Thick skin/tin hat time, no doubt.

It’s a subjective view CC. 

We all have varying views on what qualities players bring/have. Doesn’t mean one is right and the other wrong.

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a subjective view Riaz...............:cool2:

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a subjective view CC. 

We all have varying views on what qualities players bring/have. Doesn’t mean one is right and the other wrong.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You don’t agree that  opinions about players are not subjective?      :dunno:

'Covered more ground' is objective and therefore so is 'works far harder'. Even if you took the 'far' out then it might make your initial post less of an embarrassment.

1 hour ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Weimann 17 Premier League goals and 113 appearances to Bobbys 5 in 27 would suggest more than that on appearances but a fairly even goal per game ratio

Weimann played majority of games on the wing to be fair

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I’m sure that @Davefevs would have access to some  numbers which would allow for objective comparison?

Not unless you want to crowd-fund me €89pm and pay for me to take some training ?

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

'Covered more ground' is objective and therefore so is 'works far harder'. Even if you took the 'far' out then it might make your initial post less of an embarrassment.

This is the best I can do with my cheapie subscription.

Reid 17/18 season heatmap:

D700038B-AA72-4AD9-A796-DC96AD9307BB.jpeg.4ed0678c094eaec309295217c3d4666c.jpeg

Weimann 18/19 heatmap:

269416FD-D015-4C56-B100-0117782FFA4F.jpeg.961a689d6da6e23e6c95d27cc4493103.jpeg

Suggests Reid the Duracell bunny, Weimann using regular AAAs!

But we played a different style across seasons, and the above does not reflect running without the ball.  So I wouldn’t be drawing too many conclusions.  We’d need access to City’s data.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not unless you want to crowd-fund me €89pm and pay for me to take some training ?

This is the best I can do with my cheapie subscription.

Reid 17/18 season heatmap:

D700038B-AA72-4AD9-A796-DC96AD9307BB.jpeg.4ed0678c094eaec309295217c3d4666c.jpeg

Weimann 18/19 heatmap:

269416FD-D015-4C56-B100-0117782FFA4F.jpeg.961a689d6da6e23e6c95d27cc4493103.jpeg

Suggests Reid the Duracell bunny, Weimann using regular AAAs!

But we played a different style across seasons, and the above does not reflect running without the ball.  So I wouldn’t be drawing too many conclusions.  We’d need access to City’s data.

And Reid just hung around the centre spot. Lazy. 

21 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Just noticed there is a debate about who is better Reid or Weimann. Are people joking when they say Weimann?

Ok, I’ll bite.

Weimann’s only a year older. Who’s had the better career? AW has played for Villa, Watford, Wolves, Derby and us. He has scored a total of 41 goals in 270 appearances and has 14 caps for his country.

Reid has scored 34 goals in 203 appearances and has turned out for us, Cardiff, Plymouth, Cheltenham and Oldham.

I’m possibly being slightly facetious here, but Weimann has spent his career in the top two levels, whilst Reid spent a fair whack of time in League One or lower and only really hit it off for one, arguably two, seasons. 

It’s not absurd for people to think AW is at least in a similar bracket to BR. Play AW in the same role BR played during his hot season and I reckon he’d score similar numbers.

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Ok, I’ll bite.

Weimann’s only a year older. Who’s had the better career? AW has played for Villa, Watford, Wolves, Derby and us. He has scored a total of 41 goals in 270 appearances and has 14 caps for his country.

Reid has scored 34 goals in 203 appearances and has turned out for us, Cardiff, Plymouth, Cheltenham and Oldham.

I’m possibly being slightly facetious here, but Weimann has spent his career in the top two levels, whilst Reid spent a fair whack of time in League One or lower and only really hit it off for one, arguably two, seasons. 

It’s not absurd for people to think AW is at least in a similar bracket to BR. Play AW in the same role BR played during his hot season and I reckon he’d score similar numbers.

But as a player now, which is surely the question, who is better? Reid clearly by a huge distance.

Archived