IGNORED

Who is the better player, Weimann or Reid?

Monkeh

32 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

With out getting into a argument and I think you are a very good poster , who’s to say he would have scored that many goals again ? The following season 

Because he’s a quality forward player. Why do you doubt he would do it again? Have you seen how good he is? 

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

I think we’ve found the joker of the pack

Can only assume he doesn’t go to games. I think it’s impossible to see Weimann last season and think he is twice what Reid is. Even thinking they are as good as each other is incredible to me.  Reid is far ahead. 

Weird how a Premier League team wanted Reid and we were the best option for Weimann when he left Derby.

1 hour ago, RedSkin said:

Can't believe this is a debate.  Reid is a much better player than Weimann.

Much better technically, better vision, more accurate shot, quicker, and pips him in work rate too.

The biggest tell is how much better Diedhou was with Reid playing alongside him.  I know Weimann hasn't really been played alongside him but he just isn't good enough to play that goalscoring No 10 role.  

Weimann's movement is superb, but too often we don't have players that play him in.  Would love to see Reid and Weimann as a front two. 

Agree 100%. I actually thought Reid looked pretty good in the prem, but wasn't helped with wrong type of manager and lack of quality around him and service. Cardiff fans love him and most seemed to want Reid to be starting every game.

For me Weimann lacks any real skill, his touch can be very dodgy, and he doesn't really have a trick on him. He works his socks off but his decision making and execution of final ball and shot is erratic. And he is very inconsistent. I'm not sure how many bad games Bobby had for us in that season. Did he even play badly once?

The fact that people are using how good Reid was when at Plymouth as an argument for how good they are now kind of shows they're struggling to explain their opinions! 

So when players suddenly become brilliant like Vardy, Kane, Murray, Wilson, having previously not maybe looked that good and been loaned to lower leagues or working their way up lower leagues, do we say 'yeah but they weren't that good a year or 2 back so Weimann is better as he played in prem for Villa at that age!' What nonsense.

As players now I would like to know what Weimann is better at. Heading, anything else? Like you say even the things he is very good at is still not quite on Bobby's level.

Are people being bias to our own player and upset with Bobby leaving to a rival? Probably

On 21/06/2019 at 08:09, Monkeh said:

There is a whole history of strikers only having 1 good season,

no one has said Reid isn’t quality, they have said he isn’t proven or even guaranteed to be a 20 goal a season striker because he hasn’t done it multiple times

tammy is a 20 goal a season striker as is kodja as they have proven it over multiple seasons in the championship (when stayed fit)

reid hasn’t and won’t be until he does it multiple seasons

Still waiting for that ‘whole history’ list Monkeh. I’ve reduced it to five to give you a chance. 

Five strikers that have scored 20 goals and then not got near it again. 

2 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Can't believe this is a debate.  Reid is a much better player than Weimann.

Much better technically, better vision, more accurate shot, quicker, and pips him in work rate too.

The biggest tell is how much better Diedhou was with Reid playing alongside him.  I know Weimann hasn't really been played alongside him but he just isn't good enough to play that goalscoring No 10 role.  

Weimann's movement is superb, but too often we don't have players that play him in.  Would love to see Reid and Weimann as a front two. 

Spot on.

No doubt Weimann gives 100% effort every time, and his movement is great, but he is a forward and it's all about end product. Even when found in the space he has made for himself, Weimann's final ball on the end of a run is often poor. Also his shooting is woeful from anything more than 12 yards out, he misses the target completely most of the time.

Like someone else said given the choice, surely every manager in the championship would take Reid over Weimann, even LJ!

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Agree 100%. I actually thought Reid looked pretty good in the prem, but wasn't helped with wrong type of manager and lack of quality around him and service. Cardiff fans love him and most seemed to want Reid to be starting every game.

Could never fathom Warnock buying him.  Sol Bamba named Reid on Sky as his Cardiff player to watch next season so he's rated by their players too.

3 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

I guess the market would say Bobby is the better player given his fee compared to Weimann's.

You could indeed, but Kalas at £5m or Kelly at £13m. The market is perverse and not a true indication of how good a player is....but of course has relevance. 

7 hours ago, RedDave said:

Can only assume he doesn’t go to games. I think it’s impossible to see Weimann last season and think he is twice what Reid is. Even thinking they are as good as each other is incredible to me.  Reid is far ahead. 

Weird how a Premier League team wanted Reid and we were the best option for Weimann when he left Derby.

Weimann has the potential to be a great signing though. There’s been many times where his thinking has been ahead of his team mates and a run has been wasted. He’s definitely got talent but Reid is just something else

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You could indeed, but Kalas at £5m or Kelly at £13m. The market is perverse and not a true indication of how good a player is....but of course has relevance. 

Kelly could quite easily go on to be good enough to play for England. Kalas will never get to a level where he would be picked for England if he was English

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Kelly could quite easily go on to be good enough to play for England. Kalas will never get to a level where he would be picked for England if he was English

Yeah, maybe....but by the same token, at the point of their transfers, Reid on a high, Weimann not.  Reid is no longer worth £9m either.  

I just think they are two different players, who we’ve seen in quite different systems.  Not saying one is better than the other.  Wouldn’t mind seeing both together...CBs wouldn’t get an easy time.

Much as I think Fam plays an important, unselfish role, my philosophy likes the idea of two quick’uns up top. ?

51 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Weimann has the potential to be a great signing though. There’s been many times where his thinking has been ahead of his team mates and a run has been wasted. He’s definitely got talent but Reid is just something else

The Plymouth game a prime example.

Only on as a sub but looked a division better than anyone else on the pitch.

29 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

That's not what was asked. Weimann is the more experienced and therefore a better player.  

Are you saying anyone who is more experienced a player is better than a lesser experienced player?

14 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Are you saying anyone who is more experienced a player is better than a lesser experienced player?

Yes because they read the game better.  You only become a better player with experience , and the amount of games played.  

8 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Yes because they read the game better.  You only become a better player with experience , and the amount of games played.  

Hmm ok. So Gary O'Neil must be better than Brownhill then! Wilbraham better than Tammy. I could go on.

I watched Cardiff's game at Man Utd at the end of the season, Bobby was absolute class, some of his passing was as good as you would see in any game in the top flight. 

I don't think playing for Warnock suited him but I do remember LJ saying how much we were missing him early last season, far more than any other player

20 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hmm ok. So Gary O'Neil must be better than Brownhill then! Wilbraham better than Tammy. I could go on.

Yes . Brownhill  is a brilliant player but O'Neil is a better player because of his experience.  Tammy is a brilliant player but Wilbraham is the better player because of his experience. 

Brownhill and Tammy will be the better players, once they have more games under there belts.

8 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Yes . Brownhill  is a brilliant player but O'Neil is a better player because of his experience.  Tammy is a brilliant player but Wilbraham is the better player because of his experience. 

Brownhill and Tammy will be the better players, once they have more games under there belts.

Brilliant

23 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I watched Cardiff's game at Man Utd at the end of the season, Bobby was absolute class, some of his passing was as good as you would see in any game in the top flight. 

I don't think playing for Warnock suited him but I do remember LJ saying how much we were missing him early last season, far more than any other player

Yep, absolute quality. There were rumours Bournemouth were interested last summer. I think Bobby would suit their formation and style of play. I believe Bobby can be a prem player at the right club. Could well get a good profit of sell on in the future I reckon as I expect prem clubs to be chasing Bobby by the end of the season.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Yep, absolute quality. There were rumours Bournemouth were interested last summer. I think Bobby would suit their formation and style of play. I believe Bobby can be a prem player at the right club. Could well get a good profit of sell on in the future I reckon as I expect prem clubs to be chasing Bobby by the end of the season.

Unless Bobby has a stellar season or two I can’t see many clubs paying a fee that would generate much percentage sell-on profit for us.  Everything is welcome of course.

21 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

I’ve heard it all now. 

Andy Cole was most probably the best striker I’ve seen at Ashton Gate and he’d only played a handful of games. He made his more experienced strike partner, Wayne Allison look a mug. 

21 minutes ago, swanker said:

I’ve heard it all now. 

Andy Cole was most probably the best striker I’ve seen at Ashton Gate and he’d only played a handful of games. He made his more experienced strike partner, Wayne Allison look a mug. 

Ok. 

Lets put it this way .

If a person came to do your job , and only had a years experience but you have been doing your job for 7 years. Does that make them better at your job ? 

No , because you are the more experienced person to do that job.

22 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

I’ve seen some ridiculous comments on here but that is right up there. 

Archived