IGNORED

Luke Freeman to Sheff Utd (Merged)

CyderInACan

10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Paterson is much better defensively than Freeman.

I'm very shocked someone in professional football thinks he is PL standard but he might just fit Sheff Utd's unique way of playing.

Ok you got me there? Defensive tackles last season, just looked at some stats, 24 for the season in the league!

Freeman would get close to that in most GAMES

18 hours ago, Riaz said:

Well clearly its a team effort. But he's bang average in the championship let alone the prem. If thats the level of player they are going for, my money is on them going down. Probably bottom.

More assists last season than any of our players apart from Eliasson (who had the same) In a poorer qpr team though! I know he ran into dead ends when we had him but he’s improved a hell of a lot!

45 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Paterson is much better defensively than Freeman.

I'm very shocked someone in professional football thinks he is PL standard but he might just fit Sheff Utd's unique way of playing.

In what way?  Not the strong part of either players games. 

9CA1D999-C97C-4A38-9393-B46A7C38C06B.jpeg

4 hours ago, swanker said:

Leave it to Wilder, he knows a lot more about players  and football than you do. I didn’t think much of McGoldrick in all honesty but helped them gain promotion. 

Shit. I'd already sent my dossier on Freeman's bench warming skills and football formations to Wilder...but now, thanks to you, I realise how silly that was. Gosh I look a fool.

Well, hopefully he'll read your post before the beginning of the season. Otherwise look forward to Sheff Utd redeploying the WM in August.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

In what way?  Not the strong part of either players games. 

9CA1D999-C97C-4A38-9393-B46A7C38C06B.jpeg

Neither great defensively but Paterson outperformed Freeman on pretty much everything that's non-aerial, and QPR would (one would imagine) have more defensive duties to perform as they performed worse than City last season.

14 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Neither great defensively but Paterson outperformed Freeman on pretty much everything that's non-aerial, and QPR would (one would imagine) have more defensive duties to perform as they performed worse than City last season.

Here’s their other stats:

ABA61E63-0E20-4973-A469-7718F9E5227D.jpeg

AB89C295-E0D0-4050-9C29-6C5820A00F3E.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Here’s their other stats:

ABA61E63-0E20-4973-A469-7718F9E5227D.jpeg

AB89C295-E0D0-4050-9C29-6C5820A00F3E.jpeg

There's little between them on the stats in pretty much any sense, though Freeman looks to edge Paterson in an attacking sense.

There could be an argument to make about Freeman being a key man for QPR yet only having similar attacking stats to Paterson who is less vital to us going forward.

Freeman and Paterson are actually very similar players to be fair. Both work their socks off. Both very good touches and good in tight positions with the ball. Paterson both footed and probably capable of classier bits of skill than Freeman. Freeman scored 9 last season didn't he? Good amount for someone who never had the best shot except that goal against Ipswich. Paterson doesn't score as many as he maybe should.

If I had a choice out of the two I would keep Pato. But Freeman certainly a very good championship player. Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the prem if he goes there.

30 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

There's little between them on the stats in pretty much any sense, though Freeman looks to edge Paterson in an attacking sense.

There could be an argument to make about Freeman being a key man for QPR yet only having similar attacking stats to Paterson who is less vital to us going forward.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Freeman and Paterson are actually very similar players to be fair. Both work their socks off. Both very good touches and good in tight positions with the ball. Paterson both footed and probably capable of classier bits of skill than Freeman. Freeman scored 9 last season didn't he? Good amount for someone who never had the best shot except that goal against Ipswich. Paterson doesn't score as many as he maybe should.

If I had a choice out of the two I would keep Pato. But Freeman certainly a very good championship player. Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the prem if he goes there.

I think this sums up my problem with Freeman. Totally overrated and the way the fans went on as if he was second messiah yet compare to the stick Pato gets? For not running down blind alleys? Also Freeman takes corners to inflate his assists.

Good luck to him in the Prem but doesnt change what I saw with my own eyes for 3 years.

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I think this sums up my problem with Freeman. Totally overrated and the way the fans went on as if he was second messiah yet compare to the stick Pato gets? For not running down blind alleys? Also Freeman takes corners to inflate his assists.

Good luck to him in the Prem but doesnt change what I saw with my own eyes for 3 years.

Though I think QPR fans love him and generally see him as their best player. I know QPR aren't great, but they've had at least some decent players since Freeman has been there. 

19 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

So I am right then, especially considering Pato is an attacker and Freeman has been a CM for 2 years.

Possibly, but it’s only stats.  Both are below average in pure-stats terms (or at least the ones I use), but team style, role etc all come into play.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Freeman and Paterson are actually very similar players to be fair. Both work their socks off.

Freeman buzzes around, but a lot of bluster.  Pato runs a lot at 90% but rarely at enough intensity to get a challenge in.  I’m not sure I quantify that as working socks off, but I can see your point.

Both very good touches and good in tight positions with the ball.

Pato better in tight spaces for me, good pair of feet, and better technique.  Freeman all a bit quick for me and will run into cup-De-sacs...like O’Dowda does.  I’d bet my money on Pato coming out of a tight spot than Freeman.  It’s why imho Freeman struggled in the 10 role for us, and why he’s been better in QPR’s flatter midfield.

Paterson both footed and probably capable of classier bits of skill than Freeman.

Yep, agree.

Freeman scored 9 last season didn't he?

8 (7 LG + 1 Cup) 

Good amount for someone who never had the best shot except that goal against Ipswich. Paterson doesn't score as many as he maybe should.

Agree, still a snatcher imho though stats defy this...so one to watch more closely next season.

If I had a choice out of the two I would keep Pato.

Pato suits the way LJ likes to play.  But Freeman certainly a very good championship player. Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the prem if he goes there.

Yes, and perversely I would rather have Pato, yet you’d never value him at £4m like Freeman.  Weird world is football.

To me, Paterson is more peripheral and Freeman more of a playmaker. Freeman is more skilful but with us in the Championship, made too many bad choices. I think he’s basically more skilful, but needs persuading to cut out the flourishes more often.

14 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

So...

from Freeman of The City to 

- Sizzling at Loftus Rd to

- Sheffield ? … could be either Luke Warm or Red Hot with The Blades in the Prem.

Good Luck L F hope you set the Blades on fire !  

Think they will see him as a number 10 which imo is his position. Under LJ he was mainly playing wide right, which made him easy to defend against, as he was tending to cut back inside onto his left foot. Best of luck to Luke, think he will do well.

On 22/06/2019 at 14:26, ExiledAjax said:

Shit. I'd already sent my dossier on Freeman's bench warming skills and football formations to Wilder...but now, thanks to you, I realise how silly that was. Gosh I look a fool.

No you should, I’m sure he’d appreciate your opinion. after all, four million is a lot and if it goes belly up Wilder could lose his reputation of getting value  money. 

On 21/06/2019 at 16:44, Steve Watts said:

The vitriol from some of our supporters stems from his refusal to play in the cup at Burnely.  Want to leave?  Not a problem.  Refuse to play?  Become a villain.  Same thing for Kodjia (who literally became a Villain!).

He was excellent for us in the promotion year but undoubtedly struggled with the step up.  By the end of his time with us he was beginning to show some signs of improvement.  But for the first 14/15 months of his Championship career with us he essentially got the ball, tried 48 step overs and eventually fell over his own feet.

Was that the truth or was he frozen out like odowda if your face dont fit with Mr johnson it seems your ******. Plus he was given a free role at Q.P.R in the patterson role 

6 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Was that the truth or was he frozen out like odowda if your face dont fit with Mr johnson it seems your ******. Plus he was given a free role at Q.P.R in the patterson role 

And look where QPR are. Not good enough for us 

On 21/06/2019 at 14:28, JonDolman said:

I thought he's be off this summer. Surprised it's to a prem side. But I guess he could fit in nicely in their midfield.

Sold him for hundred or more thousand wasn't it? Surely about 20% sell on of profit. Maybe 700 odd thousand to us? Or maybe it's more of a percentage because we sold so cheap.

Pretty sure it was £300,000 as the joke at the time was Holloway basically funding the Taylor transfer. So £3m seems to be the actual fee, £2.7m profit and someone elsewhere in here has said 15% being what was quoted last time he was rumoured to move so would be £405,000 if all true.

28 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

As i quoted to you on another site watkins is?was he a better signing? Also Aint hadalookin is he ever gonna feature

Freeman is better than watkins i'll give you that. But he's not a top end championship player either. And he wont get in our team.

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Apologies if it's already been covered, but was there a sell-on clause of some sort?

Yes. Standard procedure for City now. Either 15% or 20% of profit depending who you believe. Either way, a nice wedge to add to the kitty. 

Archived