IGNORED

Luke Freeman to Sheff Utd (Merged)

CyderInACan

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Once again by trying to prove your intellectual superiority you show yourself up as the uninformed tit you really are. 

Just for your own understanding - sell on clauses can be based either on the sale price or the profit on the sale, there’s no standard way this works and it’s very much down to the terms negotiated by the parties. 

Ummm.........did you know that bears shit in the woods? 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No, it’s Robbored. But an understandable mistake as he’s considerably holier than thou. 

He also suggested it was common sense that we would be signing our players after 1 july, and he was right.... apart from the ones that signed before 1 july obviously.

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

So realistically at least 700k coming our way then. Excellent work. 

Yes i just looked that up,,, thats crazy money for freeman, but excellent for us.... if he did go for about 300k, that seems to me to be quite a low price at the time, perhaps the sell on clause was raised up a bit higher to sweeten the deal?

1 minute ago, simon uk said:

Yes i just looked that up,,, thats crazy money for freeman, but excellent for us.... if he did go for about 300k, that seems to me to be quite a low price at the time, perhaps the sell on clause was raised up a bit higher to sweeten the deal?

His contract was up  that summer and he had refused to sign a new one so we took the money.

I find it hard to comprehend that Sheffield United see him as a PL player.

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Would you take him back out of interest?

Yes

Not for that money tho

Clever footballer

Irrelevant as such as he’s going to get a chance in top flight and Chris Wilders opinion should carry far greater weight than mine !  

Anyway , we’ve moved on and I have a real good hunch that Szmodics could be a real surprise in Championship this season if he gets an early chance and grabs a place  

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes

Not for that money tho

Clever footballer

Good at set pieces but I don’t know if he’d fit in our team now

Hes obviously talented but he rarely showed up in the championship for us, I haven’t watched much of QPR so I don’t know if he’s changed. 

Wilder is a top manager so must see something in him

• Admin
Just now, Moments of Pleasure said:

According to the stats, since his Championship day-boo in 2015 with us, no other player has created more goals or more goal scoring opportunities in this division than Luke.

No, I can't believe it either. Funny old game.

Interesting to know 

4 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

According to the stats, since his Championship day-boo in 2015 with us, no other player has created more goals or more goal scoring opportunities in this division than Luke.

Or completed more step-overs.

Just now, Moments of Pleasure said:

The cynic in me says that's because he's just the best player to have stayed in the division in all those years. That is, those better than him have either been promoted, purchased, returned to parent clubs after a loan, or very possibly been relegated.

Good luck to him in the Prem, he was a joy to watch in 2014/15...but let's just say I don't think he'll be making it into my fantasy team.

Archived