IGNORED

Luke Freeman to Sheff Utd (Merged)

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Interesting, says Peterborough had a deal agreed to sign Freeman before we swooped in

https://twitter.com/DMAC102/status/1146439574413021184

In L1, we just sign whoever Posh are going to sign.

In the Championship,  whoever Posh or Brentford are going to sign.

In the Prem, whoever Brentford and (tbc) are going to sign.

In L2 or the Banana league, n/a

Might be in the minority but I always really rated Freeman, and have a feeling he may do alright with The Blades in the Prem. I think it wasn't an inability to perform at Champ level but more of a downturn in form for him.

I always thought he had the ability to unlock defences - just didn't really show it when we took the step up.

Always interesting to see how our ex-players are getting on. 

Fond memories of Freeman as he was an integral part of our 2014-15 team.  Fair play to him as he’d gone stale here - Looks like he’s kicked on at QPR and he’s earned his crack at the Prem.  

I’m sure Sheff Utd will struggle next season but hopefully he’ll bag a few goals and assists.

56 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Laughable. Nowhere near the required standard imo. 

Good luck to him though. 

Wasn't right for the system we played at the time, but would likely to have improved given the chance.

Flint looked well out of his depth when he made the step up, but he was afforded time, both by management and supporters.

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Cunningham, Reid

Did Cunningham and Reid feature that much. I was standing next to Cunningham on the pitch after Wallsall thinking, well you didn't get as many games as you might of....Joe (the missing prem player) played a decent amount if I remember, Freeman on the other was a key player for SC. IMO he didn't like LJ much and fancied going back toward London. Very good player and a good deal for Sheff Utd, us and not so much QPR.

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Did Cunningham and Reid feature that much. I was standing next to Cunningham on the pitch after Wallsall thinking, well you didn't get as many games as you might of....Joe (the missing prem player) played a decent amount if I remember, Freeman on the other was a key player for SC. IMO he didn't like LJ much and fancied going back toward London. Very good player and a good deal for Sheff Utd, us and not so much QPR.

Not as much as others but just thought of anyone who was in the squad under SC. 

Freeman’s a weird one. Did nothing with us outside of L1 to even hint that there was a good championship player there let alone a Premier League one.

He was the one player when we got promoted that I thought would tear it up but produced absolutely nothing. 

Sometimes it just clicks for a player at a club. I think he’d suit our current team a lot more than the one he left. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not as much as others but just thought of anyone who was in the squad under SC. 

Freeman’s a weird one. Did nothing with us outside of L1 to even hint that there was a good championship player there let alone a Premier League one.

He was the one player when we got promoted that I thought would tear it up but produced absolutely nothing. 

Sometimes it just clicks for a player at a club. I think he’d suit our current team a lot more than the one he left. 

I think that is the point. SC made a mess (assisted by SL and the board) of the transfers post promotion. Freeman was asked to fetch and carry by SC in that season. A job that he did well enough with in a poor standard team for the division. The game away at Reading sticks in my memory as he put in a mammoth amount of effort to lose in injury time. The refs assessor gave me the CD of the match at FT as nothing really happened to concern him.

5m for Freeman is a good deal for them and I'll have him on the bench as a cheap option for my fantasy team!!

36 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Freeman is a good player!. A very good move for him and cash for us. Happy Days! 

Out of interest how many of SCs team have gone on to the Premier League? Anyone know? Is he the only one?

Ryan Fredericks.

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

According to the stats, since his Championship day-boo in 2015 with us, no other player has created more goals or more goal scoring opportunities in this division than Luke.

No, I can't believe it either. Funny old game.

Would the goal scoring opportunities be the ones he squandered ? If past form is anything to go by!

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

For Blades a piss in the ocean but for Luke a hughe recognition and I dare to say; a well deserved one. Show them what you are capable of Luke!

Is this the point where you say 'Luke, I am your father?'

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Freeman is a good player!. A very good move for him and cash for us. Happy Days! 

Out of interest how many of SCs team have gone on to the Premier League? Anyone know? Is he the only one?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ryan Fredericks.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Cunningham, Reid, Bryan

I wouldn’t agree with Reid - but i’d add Baldock to that list ...

Archived