Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

CyderInACan

Luke Freeman to Sheff Utd (Merged)

On 21/06/2019 at 16:44, Steve Watts said:

The vitriol from some of our supporters stems from his refusal to play in the cup at Burnely.  Want to leave?  Not a problem.  Refuse to play?  Become a villain.  Same thing for Kodjia (who literally became a Villain!).

He was excellent for us in the promotion year but undoubtedly struggled with the step up.  By the end of his time with us he was beginning to show some signs of improvement.  But for the first 14/15 months of his Championship career with us he essentially got the ball, tried 48 step overs and eventually fell over his own feet.

Was that the truth or was he frozen out like odowda if your face dont fit with Mr johnson it seems your ******. Plus he was given a free role at Q.P.R in the patterson role 

Edited by RobintheRed Red
  • Like 1
  • Aubergine 1
  • Rovers 6

6 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Was that the truth or was he frozen out like odowda if your face dont fit with Mr johnson it seems your ******. Plus he was given a free role at Q.P.R in the patterson role 

And look where QPR are. Not good enough for us 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Riaz said:

And look where QPR are. Not good enough for us 

As i quoted to you on another site watkins is?was he a better signing? Also Aint hadalookin is he ever gonna feature

On 21/06/2019 at 14:28, JonDolman said:

I thought he's be off this summer. Surprised it's to a prem side. But I guess he could fit in nicely in their midfield.

Sold him for hundred or more thousand wasn't it? Surely about 20% sell on of profit. Maybe 700 odd thousand to us? Or maybe it's more of a percentage because we sold so cheap.

Pretty sure it was £300,000 as the joke at the time was Holloway basically funding the Taylor transfer. So £3m seems to be the actual fee, £2.7m profit and someone elsewhere in here has said 15% being what was quoted last time he was rumoured to move so would be £405,000 if all true.

28 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

As i quoted to you on another site watkins is?was he a better signing? Also Aint hadalookin is he ever gonna feature

Freeman is better than watkins i'll give you that. But he's not a top end championship player either. And he wont get in our team.

13 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Freeman is better than watkins i'll give you that. But he's not a top end championship player either. And he wont get in our team.

Riaz do you think we would get three to four million for patterson we will forget watkins couldnt give him away?

15 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Riaz do you think we would get three to four million for patterson we will forget watkins couldnt give him away?

Yes!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Apologies if it's already been covered, but was there a sell-on clause of some sort?

Yes. Standard procedure for City now. Either 15% or 20% of profit depending who you believe. Either way, a nice wedge to add to the kitty. 

Edited by CyderInACan
  • Thanks 1

Sky have just said on air £5m plus add ons... so potentially around £900,000 ish plus a part of whatever they get in add ons, not bad business that

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hodge said:

Sky have just said on air £5m plus add ons... so potentially around £900,000 ish plus a part of whatever they get in add ons, not bad business that

Surely we must be in line for something from Mansfield for Maynard as well!!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, hodge said:

15% allegedly, but that’s £700-900k. Good business. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep but does that come in a lump sum or does that come in instalments over his contract at sheff U? 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That'll cover the Sammie Szmodics transfer, if true. Thank you very much Sheff U! 

COYR

3 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

That'll cover the Sammie Szmodics transfer, if true. Thank you very much Sheff U! 

COYR

Bloody nuts innit :yes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep but does that come in a lump sum or does that come in instalments over his contract at sheff U? 

Depends on the structure of the deal with Sheffield Utd.  If up front they’ll give us our cut in one go.  If staged payments, we’ll get our appropriate cut of each payment.  We will know the terms and add into our budget plans appropriately.

1 hour ago, Tangle Foot said:

COYR

Exactly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

Our net spend, in this transfer window, is approx. minus £0.5M 🤣

Rough money flow.

Players out, money in.

Kelly- £15m in (per KITR)

Freeman sell on- 700k-900k (rough)

Eisa- £1m ish in? (Posh's record transfer wasn't it?)

Players in, money out

DaSilva- £2m out

Kalas- £7m out (also per KITR)

Szmodics- £750k ish out

Bentley- £2m-£4m out

Rowe and Gilmartins both free.

Cundy- £50k ish if anything? Out

Using smallest numbers for incoming fees and largest numbers for outgoing fees (where a range is applicable) our net spend is a profit of £2.9m so far.

So I used 700k as the incoming number for Freemans sell on, and £4m as the outgoing spend for buying Bentley.

Of course if the Freeman deal isn't done yet then we're only £2.2m up so far.

Edited by JamesBCFC

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just thinking about it....I suspect Stevenage might be due a cut too?  Would they get 15% of our 15%?

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just thinking about it....I suspect Stevenage might be due a cut too?  Would they get 15% of our 15%?

You'd have to assume so. Lots of legacy in these sell on clauses now they are so common. 

Lets hope QPR have one on the sale to Sheff Utd

Edited by 29AR

Premier League ........Not bad for a player vilified as many as not good enough for us on here 

Chris Wilder obviously doesn’t agree 

• Like 7

The sale of Freeman to QPR included a 15% sell on clause and now the Blades have bought him for £5m so that’s a tidy sum coming into the City coffers.

Good bit of business from MA on that..........

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The sale of Freeman to QPR included a 15% sell on clause and now the Blades have bought him for £5m so that’s a tidy sum coming into the City coffers.

Good bit of business from MA on that..........

15% of £5m is £750k not £675k.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If it's 15% of the profit then it could well be,

15% being £675k (Robbored's numbers) would mean it's 15% of £4.5m.

£4.5m profit of £5m bid puts our sale of Freeman at £500k (previously undisclosed wasn't it?).

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

15% of £5m is £750k not £675k.

15% on any profit made..........not the entire £5m........Jeez.....what’s up with some posters today?............:dunno:

On 02/07/2019 at 12:39, Riaz said:

There's still nothing conformed on the OS of SU or QPR and the deal is not listed on the Sky Sports transfer centre. According to their report,  the deal was suppose to be completed yesterday.

14 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

our sale of Freeman at £500k

Think it was £300,000, rumour at the time was that Holloway buying Freeman off us basically funded the transfer for Matty Taylor

22 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

15% being £675k (Robbored's numbers) would mean it's 15% of £4.5m.

£4.5m profit of £5m bid puts our sale of Freeman at £500k (previously undisclosed wasn't it?).

Tbh it was the Bristol Post so- and I always thought it was £300,000 so £720k it'd be.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

15% on any profit made..........not the entire £5m........Jeez.....what’s up with some posters today?............:dunno:

That's not what you said...

Maybe you should write what you mean and not make people guess what it is you meant 

:facepalm:

Edited by JamesBCFC

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think it was £300,000, rumour at the time was that Holloway buying Freeman off us basically funded the transfer for Matty Taylor

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh it was the Bristol Post so- and I always thought it was £300,000 so £720k it'd be.

I was using Knobbored's numbers, as we all know he wouldn't ever speculate or comment something that isn't factual, else he'd be a massive hypocrite.

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

That's not what you said...

Maybe you should write what you mean and not make people guess what it is you meant 

:facepalm:

I wrongly assumed  that other posters would understand what a ‘sell on clause’ entails. Obviously I’ll have to explain my posts in the most basic fashion from now on........

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wrongly assumed  that other posters would understand what a ‘sell on clause’ entails. Obviously I’ll have to explain my posts in the most basic fashion from now on........

A sell on clause can be EITHER...

A percentage of future sales.

OR

A percentage of profit on future sales.

'Tis you who needs to do the learning, though sadly I am unable to put things anywhere near as basic enough as is needed for you to be unable to misconstrue what was said.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Once again by trying to prove your intellectual superiority you show yourself up as the uninformed tit you really are. 

Just for your own understanding - sell on clauses can be based either on the sale price or the profit on the sale, there’s no standard way this works and it’s very much down to the terms negotiated by the parties. 

Edited by BRISTOL86
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Once again by trying to prove your intellectual superiority you show yourself up as the uninformed tit you really are. 

Just for your own understanding - sell on clauses can be based either on the sale price or the profit on the sale, there’s no standard way this works and it’s very much down to the terms negotiated by the parties. 

There'll be an attempt at a condescending response B86. Or if he fails to come up with another excuse which attempts to distract from his ignorance you'll get a 'laugh' reaction.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

There'll be an attempt at a condescending response B86. Or if he fails to come up with another excuse which attempts to distract from his ignorance you'll get a 'laugh' reaction.

Nah he’ll just stop responding and ignore anything he hasn’t got an answer for like he does in the multitude of other threads that he ends up completely derailing with his unoriginal trolling. 

Literally anyone else would have been banned years ago for the persistent trolling. He must have more on the admins than Pato has on LJ!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Ummm.........did you know that bears shit in the woods? 

• Rovers 1

Just now, Robbored said:

I thought it was the Pope...........and surely bears are Catholic?   Get it right 🤗

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I thought that was the Pope ?

8 minutes ago, soultrader said:

I thought that was the Pope ?

No, it’s Robbored. But an understandable mistake as he’s considerably holier than thou. 

• Haha 1

Think they are going to struggle sadly. LF is a good championship player at best. Get the impression he’s overrated due to the fact he’s one of QPRs only half decent players.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No, it’s Robbored. But an understandable mistake as he’s considerably holier than thou. 

He also suggested it was common sense that we would be signing our players after 1 july, and he was right.... apart from the ones that signed before 1 july obviously.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

Club record fee too! Has to be £5mil + as they paid that for James Beattie from Everton back in 07/08. 

So realistically at least 700k coming our way then. Excellent work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

So realistically at least 700k coming our way then. Excellent work. 

Yes i just looked that up,,, thats crazy money for freeman, but excellent for us.... if he did go for about 300k, that seems to me to be quite a low price at the time, perhaps the sell on clause was raised up a bit higher to sweeten the deal?

• Like 1