IGNORED

2019/20 Fixtures (Merged)

Jerseybean

The fixtures for next season will be announced this Thursday.

Given there is little else going on at the mo wondered what other’s thoughts are on who would be best to play in the first few weeks, who we’d like as last game of the season and so on.

In many ways it’s all a bit academic I know as we will play everyone home and away. Like I say there is  not much else City-related to talk about right now.

Personally, I’d like Cardiff at AG as first game of the season and any London club away for the last game.

45 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Personally, I’d like Cardiff at AG as first game of the season and any London club away for the last game.

For the last game, I'd like to be playing the second-placed team with a comfortable 4-point cushion in our favour.

I think having someone who has spent a lot of money and brought in loads of players who haven't played together before and gelled as a team, early on is the best thing.

We don't want to meet the big hitters once they've got their shit together.

As the OP said who we play on the first day is academic as we have to play everyone twice anyway. What I’d like us to be home on the opening day, Boxing Day, over New Year and Easter and on the final day. In fact it’s the process that intrigues me more. With night football, tv interference and due to rivalries police interference (sorry, safety concerns) we seem to have the most complicated fixture process in Europe. Whatever is published on Thursday, someone will feel hard done by. By contrast, Spain seems to have the simplest system in that whatever the fixtures are in weeks 1-19 they are reversed in weeks 20-38 regardless of events elsewhere.  The ability to have such a system however is made easier  because numbers of away support in Spain is very low. 

55 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Who are we all wanting to play first game then?

Almost cert to be a home fixture

Ill take QPR in front of 21,000 at the Gate 

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-championship/clubs/

The new badge hasn’t been communicated to Sky then?

29 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

If any one does not have access to the  internet.

Drop your mobile phone number into johngreatwestern@aol.com

and I'll text the important fixtures to yer mobile

How will they read this? ?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

The new badge hasn’t been communicated to Sky then?

That's the EFL website, not Sky. 

I'm assuming that most outlets will just follow City's lead with the badge, and as the old one is still being shown on our OS, then other websites will continue to use it too.

Archived