Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Jerseybean

2019/20 Fixtures (Merged)

The fixtures for next season will be announced this Thursday.

Given there is little else going on at the mo wondered what other’s thoughts are on who would be best to play in the first few weeks, who we’d like as last game of the season and so on.

In many ways it’s all a bit academic I know as we will play everyone home and away. Like I say there is  not much else City-related to talk about right now.

Personally, I’d like Cardiff at AG as first game of the season and any London club away for the last game.

45 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Personally, I’d like Cardiff at AG as first game of the season and any London club away for the last game.

For the last game, I'd like to be playing the second-placed team with a comfortable 4-point cushion in our favour.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

I think having someone who has spent a lot of money and brought in loads of players who haven't played together before and gelled as a team, early on is the best thing.

We don't want to meet the big hitters once they've got their shit together.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I remember going from the game to the balloon fiesta a couple of times. So maybe we will be at home on the 10th?

Me too. I've done it before in the past city then fiesta/nightglow.👍

2 hours ago, devoncider said:

10th August Fulham (a) please

Guarantee that Fulham (a) will be a Tuesday night sometime in November/December. 

B*******ds

11 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Look forward to the fixtures. Start thinking about next season and friendlies around the corner. Barnsley home my guess 

That was the opener in 2017.

Think it's better if the 30,000 locked out fans can go to the Balloon festival, instead of having to wait outside.

Edited by Prinny

9 hours ago, David Brent said:

Makes much more sense that Rovers are away on the day of the fiesta..

How many balloons would it take to fill the Mem?

As the OP said who we play on the first day is academic as we have to play everyone twice anyway. What I’d like us to be home on the opening day, Boxing Day, over New Year and Easter and on the final day. In fact it’s the process that intrigues me more. With night football, tv interference and due to rivalries police interference (sorry, safety concerns) we seem to have the most complicated fixture process in Europe. Whatever is published on Thursday, someone will feel hard done by. By contrast, Spain seems to have the simplest system in that whatever the fixtures are in weeks 1-19 they are reversed in weeks 20-38 regardless of events elsewhere.  The ability to have such a system however is made easier  because numbers of away support in Spain is very low. 

55 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Who are we all wanting to play first game then?

Almost cert to be a home fixture

Ill take QPR in front of 21,000 at the Gate 

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-championship/clubs/

The new badge hasn’t been communicated to Sky then?

29 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

If any one does not have access to the  internet.

Drop your mobile phone number into johngreatwestern@aol.com

and I'll text the important fixtures to yer mobile

How will they read this? 🤔

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

The new badge hasn’t been communicated to Sky then?

That's the EFL website, not Sky. 

I'm assuming that most outlets will just follow City's lead with the badge, and as the old one is still being shown on our OS, then other websites will continue to use it too.

18 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Brum away I reckon, don't know why...as with this whole forum, no logical reasoning just a wild assumption

It won't be an away game...……….

54 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

That's the EFL website, not Sky. 

I'm assuming that most outlets will just follow City's lead with the badge, and as the old one is still being shown on our OS, then other websites will continue to use it too.

I notice on my app it changed to new badge yesterday so I’m guessing the “whoosh” through the whole club will happen soon.

BTW for anybody interested if you want the new badge as your wallpaper when you click on the app it opens up for about 3 seconds on a lovely full page red background view - great time to quickly capture a screenshot.

Not keen on that one.

Having said that,I understand those in the media get sent an e-mail containing the fixtures

But the media have to wait for a second e-mail with a password that unlocks all the fixtures in the first e-mail

approx 08:30am on Thursday

Thats why one of the BCFC staff then speak to the media bang on 09:00am

Can't see any one in an unofficial capacity seeing the fixtures BEFORE  08:30am

27 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Not keen on that one.

Having said that,I understand those in the media get sent an e-mail containing the fixtures

But the media have to wait for a second e-mail with a password that unlocks all the fixtures in the first e-mail

approx 08:30am on Thursday

Thats why one of the BCFC staff then speak to the media bang on 09:00am

Can't see any one in an unofficial capacity seeing the fixtures BEFORE  08:30am

I thought they were issued to the press and clubs 24 hours before? 

Every club then has time to put fixtures onto their preferred backing etc ready for the 9am release 

Having worked within a different IT section of the company that compiles the fixtures many years ago, it's amazing that they are not more openly leaked as it wasn't the best kept secret about the opening games 

But I'm guessing there's a good chance this is similar to the leaked opening day premier fixtures last week that turned out to be fake