IGNORED

The bovver boys of bowls.

Oh Louie louie

Did anyone hear talksports report on the conduct of st ives bowls clubs supporters?

Not only do the ultras of st ives drink, they have also been questioning the sexual habits of a recent visit of a welsh bowling club.

This does not suprise me ive seen a few ashton bowls clubs derbys in ashton park, and its like city vs west ham in the park after.

This violent undercurrent needs to be stamped out.

In tranquil Teignmouth a match against Lyme Regis was stopped at 5:00pm last Saturday due to rocks being thrown at participants!

Some lad was sat on by a bowler until police arrived. 

Don’t mix it with the bowling firm. Nutters I tell thee. 

There are some younger guys involved in bowls. In fact my club held the White Rose u25s last Sunday. It’s an inter county competition involving 8 south west counties with winners going to play in the all England competition at Leamington. As you’d imagine there was lots of boisterous congratulations after a good shot and high fives.................:facepalm: 

One of counties, Devon have a reputation for being loud and rowdy but they were all perfectly fine. 

In over 35 years of bowling I’ve never seen any kind of violence on the green. Blokes getting stroppy and disagreeing is not uncommon but it’s always verbal and to witness it can be quite amusing.........

11 minutes ago, bert tann said:

I once saw Peter Brimble hammer Greville  Smyth  but no charges were ever brought.

I used to see Peter Brimble regularly at Bristol indoor. He was in his day an England international and top class bowler but he doesn’t play anymore.

He’s a huge City fan with firm views on all things City but not worth getting into conversation with unless you had a spare 20 mins.......

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I used to see Peter Brimble regularly at Bristol indoor. He was in his day an England international and top class bowler but he doesn’t play anymore.

He’s a huge City fan with firm views on all things City but not worth getting into conversation with unless you had a spare 20 mins.......

Yes, all joking aside, Peter is a man who can “get  things done” and he has been a great ambassador for sport in Bristol.

But, as you imply, he knows little  about football and regularly turned down my invitations to The Wembley Of The West (Eastville) in the fifties and sixties.

Archived