IGNORED

Season Ticket Sales

wendyredredrobin

Someone correct my numbers if i'm wrong, but I thought we sold 14k last year and read somewhere that we had topped 15k for next season already.

How many do you think we will manage to sell over the coming weeks?  I guess a couple of decent signings might help increase that figure of course and hope we can pack the gate for nearly every home game.

is 16k or more realistic?  A good start to the season and/or a cup run could add quite a few half season cards at Christmas as well.

Anyone got the numbers and forecasts?

52 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Someone correct my numbers if i'm wrong, but I thought we sold 14k last year and read somewhere that we had topped 15k for next season already.

How many do you think we will manage to sell over the coming weeks?  I guess a couple of decent signings might help increase that figure of course and hope we can pack the gate for nearly every home game.

is 16k or more realistic?  A good start to the season and/or a cup run could add quite a few half season cards at Christmas as well.

Anyone got the numbers and forecasts?

If true that's really impressive... I didn't renew along with 7 others so i'm really surprised at this, the home experience has been really

shite this season.

43 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

If true that's really impressive... I didn't renew along with 7 others so i'm really surprised at this, the home experience has been really

shite this season.

Cus seven of you didn’t renew? 

The general consensus is that the club is going in the right direction. Part of why I ‘try’ to ignore those who moan and say they won’t be renewing. It happens at every club.

Granted, the home form was shite though.

Interested to know how we compare on figures of sale/percentage of capacity to others in this league.

44 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

shite this season.

I know a few ‘old school’ that have given it up and I know a couple of ‘new fans’ I work with buying season tickets for the first time, it seems we are heading for a whole new fan base i’m afraid

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

I know a few ‘old school’ that have given it up and I know a couple of ‘new fans’ I work with buying season tickets for the first time, it seems we are heading for a whole new fan base i’m afraid

Its the way football is going to be honest, for better or for worse.

18 minutes ago, harrys said:

I'm not sure what to say about that? is it good or bad?!....

21 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The general consensus is that the club is going in the right direction. Part of why I ‘try’ to ignore those who moan and say they won’t be renewing. It happens at every club.

Interested to know how we compare on figures of sale/percentage of capacity to others in this league.

7 lads who have been season ticket holders for many years (old school if you like)... The more people like us that don't go the more the club is washed out... We carry the recent memories of the club surely? 

22 minutes ago, harrys said:

17 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Its the way football is going to be honest, for better or for worse.

There’s nothing new about this. Every year some people stop attending matches and some new supporters start attending

13 minutes ago, harrys said:

You are right, the football experience has changed dramatically since I started going in the early ‘70’s

In the 70s there were probably lots of old codgers complaining that the football experience had changed dramatically since they started going in the 50s 

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There’s nothing new about this. Every year some people stop attending matches and some new supporters start attending

In the 70s there were probably lots of old codgers complaining that the football experience had changed dramatically since they started going in the 50s 

I'm 40 ffs ?

17 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

7 lads who have been season ticket holders for many years (old school if you like)... The more people like us that don't go the more the club is washed out... We carry the recent memories of the club surely? 

You know the minute you lot start sneaking back in we’ll all be pointing at you with our big foam hands. 

50 minutes ago, harrys said:

Sad to read this.

I hate the way the club’s going off the pitch; unless the standing section is expanded in the next few years I’ll be packing it in also. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO please drive for this, it’s something the supporters club are really keen on. Safe standing is now legalised in this country, make it happen.

30 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Point is that there is a very different set of fans actually going to matches nowadays. Great for business and great for the club from a PR standpoint, but not good for those like me who are set in their ways and prefer a different type of match day experience. 

Nothing against it, its the way things are. 

1 hour ago, KeepUpLino said:

shite this season.

LAST SEASON, and I didn't renew for the same reason plus fixtures all over the place, Friday, Sunday, moved for rugby? tv etc etc.

I first started watching in the late 90's and the atmosphere has gotten progressively worse and not helped by the new stadium. What I will say is the match day experience is far better and more enjoyable even if the result goes against us. 

Its a shame I never experienced the 70's or 80's as ALL that did have such nostalgia for the game back then.

I thought it was around 16k last season ?

Over 14k early bird sales this season so around 16k again I would think.

And a lot of those are u-19 so the fan base is getting younger which is good for the future of the football club.

Seems like for every one not renewing there is at least one to take their place - again, good for the future.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Seven didn't renew and that's just the people he knew, I know 3 people also that didn't renew that's 10 people from a sample of two, I could go on but feel with you I'm wasting my time as you seem a little blinkered and wont admit that there is a it of skulduggery going on, add up the amount coming in from transfers in the last year and the outgoings, there is quite a difference, doing things on the cheap catches up with you in the end, some of us can see that obviously you cant. The matchday experience at home is certainly better, well it is till the ref blows his whistle, shame nearly all the best football we played was away from Ashton gate the away fans certainly got their moneys worth, shame I left the ground shaking my head and wishing I hadn't bothered turning up for the majority of games.

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I first started watching in the late 90's and the atmosphere has gotten progressively worse and not helped by the new stadium. What I will say is the match day experience is far better and more enjoyable even if the result goes against us. 

Its a shame I never experienced the 70's or 80's as ALL that did have such nostalgia for the game back then.

You would have got a different atmosphere in the 70s but there would have been a lot of negatives to go with it - eg violence, racism, awful facilities for the fans etc. Everyone has different opinions, but some people who watched City in the 70s and talk about how wonderful it was tend to wear rose coloured specs. You could guarantee a fight if you went looking for one, but a lot of people want to go to a match to watch the football 

I know one friend approaching 80 who decided that he wouldn't renew his ST, partly due to the issue of getting to the ground, and partly because he had finally just fallen out of love with watching the game live. And last season's home form didn't help, although we were both still there when the crowds were a lot less during the SOD era, when many didn't bother with STs.

The new stadium is different, but compared to the experience of sitting in the Williams on wooden slatted seats with no leg room and a pillar in line with one of the penalty spots, it's a better viewing experience. We are also established at this level, which is definitely a plus. And if we get more youngsters becoming ST holders that is also a positive as potentially they have a lifetime of doing so ahead of them.

For those nostalgic for the old Ashton Gate, I am sorry but time has moved on. At least we are still playing at our spiritual home, unlike many other clubs. Plus the club does appear to be moving forward on the pitch, although I agree better home form would be good.

However if it's the 70's fan "action" that you are missing, then in general (exception being Swansea last season) you are better off looking elsewhere on a Saturday anyway, and leaving the football to the rest of us.

I don't miss any of the previous seven decades with regard to the stadium.

The styles of play didn't alter too much in the first fifty years, just players became much fitter than when I started.

So, for me, my recent discontent is the lack of entertainment. I will be there with my ST this season, but if we get the seriously dull and boring home performances that we had last season, I will probably consider whether to call it a day.

I go to football for the buzz and if that does not improve, why go? Up to LJ to entertain us, not send us to sleep!

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm sure they would sell a lot more tickets if Ashton Gate was more accessible.

Parking is increasingly difficult, and public transport remains a challenge. If they could get busses running from various parts of the city - including the centre - that would be a start.

That’s a good point.

I wish someone would start a campaign to get more people to use Parson Street station too...

46 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I know one friend approaching 80 who decided that he wouldn't renew his ST, partly due to the issue of getting to the ground, and partly because he had finally just fallen out of love with watching the game live. And last season's home form didn't help, although we were both still there when the crowds were a lot less during the SOD era, when many didn't bother with STs.

I’m the opposite, I’ve grown out of love of watching on tv.  I still do, but I don’t enjoy it.  5-6 replays of virtually every incident is depriving us of what’s going on in the game.  By all means 1 or 2 quick replays, but as soon as the ball is in play, I want to see the game.  

10 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

I'm not sure what to say about that? is it good or bad?!....

I sit in the Landsdown as a STH and my god there is some dull people who sit in there and sometimes wonder if they've walked into the wrong venue. Football has changed massively and the fan base with it but football and city is my realease and I'll shout and swear all I want and if you down like it sit in the family section it's that simple.

Archived