IGNORED

Season Ticket Sales

wendyredredrobin

12 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Maybe, but I'd say it's good customer service to find put why somebody may be dissatisfied with your product so you can work on how to improve it

Yes, there’s something to be said for that. Not many businesses really do though. 

TV packages/insurance etc might haggle over price to keep you, but that’s about it and we aren’t in a “haggling” market. I imagine that record ST sales satisfy them that the “product” is well packaged and they are aware that you can’t please all the people all the time. 

We had about 14000 last season, which pushed to about 15500 after half season tickets in December

for those longing for football of the 70’s take a visit to the mem, they are stuck in the 70’s with their shit ground, Give me current Ashton gate any day 

I haven't renewed this year for the first time in 20 seasons. Nothing other than financial reasons for me. Considering becoming a member instead as I'll get to as many games as I can afford which is likely to be enough to make a £20 membership worthwhile.

Didn't expect the club to contact me to ask for reasons why - probably would have if sales were lower than last year.

Whilst I may not have renewed mine, I got 3 others involved next season after dragging them to a few games last year. 

There is going to be a certain amount of 'churn' every season where a percentage will not renew for various reasons, and there will be a bunch of new ST holders .

I would imagine that if this is within normal levels it's probably not financially worthwhile ringing round the people that haven't renewed.

If the new ST holders are outnumbering the non-renewals, then all is pretty much rosy in the garden from the club's point of view.

1 hour ago, basshead said:

Pretty sad reading about some supporters  not renewing who have been going since the eighties  or earlier.lets hope the new fan base are as loyal if things  ever went tits up.

Very sad indeed. I work with a few blokes, lifelong supporters, but due to family commitments, kids now playing on Saturdays etc. they can no longer attend so haven't renewed this season.

I don't think it's fair to say such people aren't loyal though, but family must always come first, things change, life goes on. As you say, for every supporter who doesn't renew, there seems to be another one coming through the ranks somewhere.

1 hour ago, Undy English said:

Very sad indeed. I work with a few blokes, lifelong supporters, but due to family commitments, kids now playing on Saturdays etc. they can no longer attend so haven't renewed this season.

I don't think it's fair to say such people aren't loyal though, but family must always come first, things change, life goes on. As you say, for every supporter who doesn't renew, there seems to be another one coming through the ranks somewhere.

Just because you haven’t got a season ticket doesn’t make you a second rate fan or disloyal,

Sadly people don’t see it like that

1 hour ago, DSTAF said:

Unless we (ever) get promoted or spend big, I think we are at around peak season ticket levels for BCFC.

I still think they would increase slightly if we remain an established side in this league for the next few seasons. 

I wonder how many ST we would have if we became a Hull or Norwich yo yo team? 18/19k?

23 hours ago, pillred said:

Yes must admit was a little surprised they didn't phone me and try to twist my arm considering I have had a season ticket for 24 years even if only to ask the reason, but perhaps too many people had the same reasons as me and they didn't like being told the cold hard facts, I will still attend a lot of games but found the constant changing of fixtures general lack of Saturday games compared to when I first became a season ticket holder and parking, well that has become bothersome, if it rains and the field next to the cricket club is closed when you get there well what do you do? the times of the buses on night games back to pill mean I either have to leave the game before the end or wait till nearly 11 o clock till the next one.

Probably thought you’d turned your toes up . 

1 hour ago, DSTAF said:

Unless we (ever) get promoted or spend big, I think we are at around peak season ticket levels for BCFC.

I don't think spending big will make a lot of difference.

If we have a winning team, either from academy graduates or elsewhere people will pay to watch them.

I would be surprised if people decided to attend based on the fee paid for someone.

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I don't think spending big will make a lot of difference.

If we have a winning team, either from academy graduates or elsewhere people will pay to watch them.

I would be surprised if people decided to attend based on the fee paid for someone.

Indeed cardiff for example they could be classed as a yo-yo club they’ve spent pretty big yet I believe there crowds are dropping due to the standard of football (championship instead of prem)

15 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Maybe, but I'd say it's good customer service to find put why somebody may be dissatisfied with your product so you can work on how to improve it

Not everyone who hasn’t renewed is dissatisfied with the “product”. My son for example hasn’t renewed because he missed half the games last season due to unexpectedly being picked to play in Men’s football so no point in him having a ST when he can POTD for games he can attend. There will be quite a few in the16-19 age bracket doing the same - you don’t watch if you’re half decent and can play instead.

The club can’t win......there’s been plenty of people on here in the past bellyaching about the club putting pressure on them because Scotty Murray or whoever dared call them!!

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Just because you haven’t got a season ticket doesn’t make you a second rate fan or disloyal

Not at all, but if you've decided not to renew purely because our home form wasn't to your liking in a season featuring our best league placing for ten years then I wouldn't exactly describe you as a diehard either :P

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 21:40, Calculus said:

Wow! Add in POTD, Memberships and Away support and the day when the stadium needs expanding is not that far away.

Someone, somewhere must be getting a plan together.

I love it when a plan comes together!

On 22/06/2019 at 22:19, KeepUpLino said:

If true that's really impressive... I didn't renew along with 7 others so i'm really surprised at this, the home experience has been really

shite this season.

Totally agree . Even on the long unbeaten run . 

I didn't renew after 3 seasons as a ST holder. I have overall enjoyed the last 3 seasons, but the level of enthusiasm started to drop badly in the second half of last season and missed a few games when I could have gone, but didn't.  I appreciate football can be frustrating and you can never guarantee attacking, exciting and winning football, but there were many pretty poor games and an inevitability about missing out on P/O again.  I will go to matches this season, but have decided to get a rugby S/T for the first time ever.  The price is less than half, get to see a number (not as many matches as City) of hopefully exciting matches, as well as a Bristol sport membership for reduced price city matches.  Time will tell if I have made the right decision, but love all sports and will spread my hard earned money across a number of teams this year (may even get to some FGR matches again), although won't be tempted to the tented village.

However people react to this, or make comments about me as a City supporter, I will certainly be paying very close attention to City each match and going to as many as I want to.

47 minutes ago, South stander said:

I didn't renew after 3 seasons as a ST holder. I have overall enjoyed the last 3 seasons, but the level of enthusiasm started to drop badly in the second half of last season and missed a few games when I could have gone, but didn't.  I appreciate football can be frustrating and you can never guarantee attacking, exciting and winning football, but there were many pretty poor games and an inevitability about missing out on P/O again.  I will go to matches this season, but have decided to get a rugby S/T for the first time ever.  The price is less than half, get to see a number (not as many matches as City) of hopefully exciting matches, as well as a Bristol sport membership for reduced price city matches.  Time will tell if I have made the right decision, but love all sports and will spread my hard earned money across a number of teams this year (may even get to some FGR matches again), although won't be tempted to the tented village.

However people react to this, or make comments about me as a City supporter, I will certainly be paying very close attention to City each match and going to as many as I want to.

I think you’ve perfectly demonstrated to everyone the difference between fan/supporter and follower. 

17 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I think you’ve perfectly demonstrated to everyone the difference between fan/supporter and follower. 

That's fair comment. However, I wonder how many who renewed, are feeling the same? The poor entertainment throughout the season with a handful of exceptions made me think about it. And after my lifetime career, through thick and loads of thin, 1982 and all that, I would hardly call myself a follower.

Additionally, there were plenty around me in S22, who were just as disillusioned.

Another season of poor home entertainment and how many will say enough?

I wouldn’t leave you in times of trouble,we never could of come this far.i took the good times, I’ll take the bad times,I’ll take you just the way you are..............or something like that.

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

That's fair comment. However, I wonder how many who renewed, are feeling the same? The poor entertainment throughout the season with a handful of exceptions made me think about it. And after my lifetime career, through thick and loads of thin, 1982 and all that, I would hardly call myself a follower.

Additionally, there were plenty around me in S22, who were just as disillusioned.

Another season of poor home entertainment and how many will say enough?

Like you, I’ve been through thin and thinner but never once have I ever considered turning in my season ticket of 43 consecutive years. Neither will I ‘til ill-health or death intervenes. I guess that makes me a supporter ... or a fan. 

I don’t really understand someone who, by their own admission, has enjoyed three years as a season ticket holder but lost enough interest in the second half of last season to turn to watching rugby or FGR instead. Each to their own but I suspect (and hope) that he’ll miss Bristol City more than Bristol City will miss him

I probably go to about 40-45 live matches a year and includes CL as well as FGR and City ST, but just fancied a bit more choice in what I pay to go and watch.  I will probably go to about 6-10 City matches this season and will follow on sky, as well.  I pays my money and takes my pick!

Some seem surprised that we have a record number of season card sales after a very good season and finishing 8th, coupled with the obvious upward trajectory of the club in general. 

Great time to be a City fan in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, South stander said:

i

Spartacus ?

What is the limit for season tickets?

I think most clubs by rule can only do 70-75% of capacity of the stadium.

Depending on the success in the pitch next season. The decision to give the whole of the atyeo to the away team, will have to be reviewed. 

Otherwise with memberships and half season cards. There will be very little POTD available.

22 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

What did you want them to do..? Offer you a chauffeured limousine to and from Bristol, so that moving away wasn’t a necessity..?! 

Possibly try to establish why he/she didn't renew ? You know like Sky, BT etc etc do when you cancel a subscription.

If we end up having a mare next season and SC sales are slow they might make that call but it could be too late.

I very much doubt a limo was in the posters thoughts at all so unwarranted.

7 hours ago, Undy English said:

Spot on. Remains to be seen whether the new ones will stick with the club when things tail off, as they do in relative terms for every club, as there are so many alternative means of entertainment available that I wouldn't take it for granted.

I haven't renewed for 3 seasons now simply because of all the pissing about with kick off times means I wouldn't get value for money  - that's not the club's fault of course.

2 hours ago, South stander said:

Have you seen many Bristol games this last season?  I’ve had an ST for them for the last 3 seasons as well as my City one. Such a difference in the matchday experience. 

Haven’t renewed after over 20 years. Hope the “new” season ticket holders remain as loyal as some of us old gits have been?

For me, the running of Bristol Sport has taken the focus off Bristol City Football Club, But understand the “bigger” picture as they call it. I know quite a few who have not renewed also.

For me, just felt that there was a lack of focus in aiming for the Prem last year. The recruitment of missing key positions was missed and almost an acceptance that we would miss out on the playoffs.

Will just pay my £20 and become a member and pick and choose my games like a lot are doing nowadays.

Good luck to the club - but it ain't the club I have known since the early 80s. Prefer old skool football myself which makes me yesterdays City fan I suppose.  Thats progress though!!!

Still hope they do well though.

On 22/06/2019 at 23:58, Gary Nanes said:

Sad to read this.

I hate the way the club’s going off the pitch; unless the standing section is expanded in the next few years I’ll be packing it in also. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO please drive for this, it’s something the supporters club are really keen on. Safe standing is now legalised in this country, make it happen.

Would be great to have it expanded like that- comes back to the case needed to be made to the SAG, not just a business case and an atmosphere case though.

In what respect- it can be legalised to be inserted,. but has it been legalised to actually be in use in during games in the top 2 divisions? I'm not sure it has yet- it would still I reckon be all- seater but when the green light is got from the authorities, it could be switched just like that- but it would still be all-seater. @Blagdon red would have the answers on this one though!

Oh yeah, I believe there's nothing to stop us installing it, but until the legislation changes it can't be used- could at rugby but not at football!

23 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Make the whole of the south stand a safe standing area ? 

Would do wonders for the atmosphere!

It would definitely help a lot- but again a) Permission from SAG and b) The relevant legislation.

Archived