IGNORED

Season Ticket Sales

wendyredredrobin

On 23/06/2019 at 11:36, Gary Nanes said:

In what sense mate? I’ve never been in the Lansdown but it’s always eerily quiet 

Always going to be that way, tbh.

Probably quite heavily stewarded and monitored- because it is a stand with corporates ie the proper corporates and the upper being a family area, it's never going to be great for atmosphere. Ticket prices in that particular stand may also attract a demographic not so keen on making a racket!

Which is a slight shame given it's the biggest stand we have!

7 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Not everyone who hasn’t renewed is dissatisfied with the “product”. My son for example hasn’t renewed because he missed half the games last season due to unexpectedly being picked to play in Men’s football so no point in him having a ST when he can POTD for games he can attend. There will be quite a few in the16-19 age bracket doing the same - you don’t watch if you’re half decent and can play instead.

The club can’t win......there’s been plenty of people on here in the past bellyaching about the club putting pressure on them because Scotty Murray or whoever dared call them!!

Agree with both these points. I’ve had a season ticket at times (I do now) but in other periods I haven’t for a variety of reasons, but none to do with the ‘product’. I personally think the product is pretty good at the moment for approx £15 per match. On your second point, those fans preferring a phone call should also check their marketing preferences on their account; if ‘by phone’ is not ticked, you’d be surprised to receive a phone call. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

What is the limit for season tickets?

I think most clubs by rule can only do 70-75% of capacity of the stadium.

Depending on the success in the pitch next season. The decision to give the whole of the atyeo to the away team, will have to be reviewed. 

Otherwise with memberships and half season cards. There will be very little POTD available.

As an example Villa have sold the maximum number of season tickets (30,000) and will have 8,000 available each game for sale

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

For me, just felt that there was a lack of focus in aiming for the Prem last year. The recruitment of missing key positions was missed and almost an acceptance that we would miss out on the playoffs. 

See this is what I don't get. If you've been going since the 1970s or whatever, why the **** would you give up now of all times?

'Lack of focus in aiming for the prem?' We're Bristol City FFS! And we're very obviously more focused on returning to the top flight than we have been at any time since 1980.

We've had a number of horrifically bad periods during the past forty years. Thankfully though we're in a great place right now. 

1 hour ago, City Rocker said:

See this is what I don't get. If you've been going since the 1970s or whatever, why the **** would you give up now of all times?

'Lack of focus in aiming for the prem?' We're Bristol City FFS! And we're very obviously more focused on returning to the top flight than we have been at any time since 1980.

We've had a number of horrifically bad periods during the past forty years. Thankfully though we're in a great place right now. 

It does make me laugh .....these "reasons" for not renewing,why not just be honest and say "I can't afford it", or more likely ,"Can't be arsed anymore" .

I sometimes wonder were we spoilt when we won league 1 at a canter and expectations are just too high. We've finished 8th and were not quite good enough to make top 6. Our away from was excellent last season but home form diabolical as we didn't have the quality to break teams down or put chances away.

I was as frustrated with our home form as much as everyone else but I have watched some absolute s**te down there over the last 40 years. I have only decided to get a ST the last 3 years and it almost compels me to attend but I did waiver a few times last season but always looked back at the dark days and standing in the rain with 7k watching a mediocre game lacking any quality at all

The stadium is fantastic now albeit a little corporate and slick but the club has moved so far forward over the last 5 years both on and off the pitch that for us to compete even at this level is something that should be embraced and us fans need to embrace the fact that we now have a club we can be proud of 

Remember, we could be ragbag rovers stood on terracing under tents watching hoofball on a ploughed field

Enjoy the experience and thrill of the chase of the Prem I say as things have been a lot worse in the last 40 years 

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

It does make me laugh .....these "reasons" for not renewing,why not just be honest and say "I can't afford it", or more likely ,"Can't be arsed anymore" .

Of course people have varying excuses or reasons for not renewing, as I have said on another post, parking, kick off times, the number of games shown by sky, lack of Saturday 3 o clock  games family commitments, how many more reasons do I have to list?

4 hours ago, pillred said:

Of course people have varying excuses or reasons for not renewing, as I have said on another post, parking, kick off times, the number of games shown by sky, lack of Saturday 3 o clock  games family commitments, how many more reasons do I have to list?

And people want to get to the prem?

all of the above will be 100 times worse,

didnt Southampton go through 2 seasons without a home 3pm Saturday kickoff

15 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Possibly try to establish why he/she didn't renew ? You know like Sky, BT etc etc do when you cancel a subscription.

If we end up having a mare next season and SC sales are slow they might make that call but it could be too late.

I very much doubt a limo was in the posters thoughts at all so unwarranted.

What would the reasons be?  

Cost: Yep they can listen to that and adjust in the future or make it easier etc

Fixtures not Saturdays: Nothing Club can do about that

Home games not entertaining: What can they do about that really?  Bring in Kevin Keegan?

Not the same as the old days: What is these days?  People need to realise the world has moved on (for better or worse).  Yes if safe standing gets the green light then they could bring this back in (and should) but hands are tied currently.  Smoking is banned, nothing they can do about that.  Drinking in the terrace is banned, nothing they can do about this.

11 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Mine is as simple as I can't afford it at the moment. Sucks, but I'll still be getting down as often as possible - just picked myself up a membership for £20 instead. Seems like a pretty good deal if you're planning on getting to a fair few games but can't commit to the lot. 

57 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

What would the reasons be?  

Cost: Yep they can listen to that and adjust in the future or make it easier etc

Fixtures not Saturdays: Nothing Club can do about that

Home games not entertaining: What can they do about that really?  Bring in Kevin Keegan?

Not the same as the old days: What is these days?  People need to realise the world has moved on (for better or worse).  Yes if safe standing gets the green light then they could bring this back in (and should) but hands are tied currently.  Smoking is banned, nothing they can do about that.  Drinking in the terrace is banned, nothing they can do about this.

If they made contact they would be able to establish the reasons and at least satisfy themselves that there is either nothing the club can do about it, or simply that the game has moved on as you say.

What are we talking about here a few hundred? A thousand ? No idea, but not a substantial number so I personally would have thought that some form of contact could have been made .

As an example, for all we know, a number of people may not be renewing because they really want to go back in the Atyeo , which I know is a matter of discussion at the moment. We don't know their reasons, and neither does the club, .

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

If they made contact they would be able to establish the reasons and at least satisfy themselves that there is either nothing the club can do about it, or simply that the game has moved on as you say.

What are we talking about here a few hundred? A thousand ? No idea, but not a substantial number so I personally would have thought that some form of contact could have been made .

As an example, for all we know, a number of people may not be renewing because they really want to go back in the Atyeo , which I know is a matter of discussion at the moment. We don't know their reasons, and neither does the club, .

Personally, if the club called me up and asked why I hadn’t renewed I’d tell them to mind their own business!

My point is, I reckon most people cancel because of 1) Cost, 2) Can’t attend as regularly I.e. family commitments or 3) Ill health 4) Mates don’t go anymore 5) Don’t enjoy it like I used to

I know it was an example, but if someone said to the club I’ve cancelled my ST because I can’t sit in the Atyeo anymore, I’m not sure that’s a sensible reason which should get any airtime with the club.

4 hours ago, MC26 said:

Mine is as simple as I can't afford it at the moment. Sucks, but I'll still be getting down as often as possible - just picked myself up a membership for £20 instead. Seems like a pretty good deal if you're planning on getting to a fair few games but can't commit to the lot. 

Exactly this, I was just making the point that all this "parking, boring football etc." comes under the general heading............"can't be arsed". I bet if they were handing out a shed load of dosh at the Gate, they could be ! :cool:

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Personally, if the club called me up and asked why I hadn’t renewed I’d tell them to mind their own business!

My point is, I reckon most people cancel because of 1) Cost, 2) Can’t attend as regularly I.e. family commitments or 3) Ill health 4) Mates don’t go anymore 5) Don’t enjoy it like I used to

I know it was an example, but if someone said to the club I’ve cancelled my ST because I can’t sit in the Atyeo anymore, I’m not sure that’s a sensible reason which should get any airtime with the club.

As you say just an example, but if it was a common reason amongst people not renewing it should attract the club's interest.

The cost, and scheduling of games are the most likely reasons, although whilst not representative of the entire fanbase, a few on here seem disappointed with the product on offer.

12 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

As you say just an example, but if it was a common reason amongst people not renewing it should attract the club's interest.

The cost, and scheduling of games are the most likely reasons, although whilst not representative of the entire fanbase, a few on here seem disappointed with the product on offer.

By “product” do you mean team performances..? Well.. whilst our home form certainly let us down, I agree, the season a whole was yet further progress up the league. Is it because of results..? Surely you have to take the rough with the smooth..?! Will a couple of exciting signings lead to a change of mind & renewing, based on the club trying to address the perceived “product faults”.?

or... do you mean the matchday experience..? Which is very much down to personal preference. More people are embracing the matchday experience than ever before (in modern times). If people want terracing, shite facilities, lower league football, smaller crowds, a more lenient view on racial abuse & violence, plus any other number of less “sterile” aspects of the “old days” will they now be heading for the more accommodating surroundings of the Memorial Stadium..?! 

After our second season in the (old) First Division, it wasn’t uncommon to hear comments such as “No, I won’t be here for the next match. It’s only Bolton/Coventry/Middlesbrough/Southampton/Norwich (delete as applicable)”. After years of playing  Barnsley, Luton, Rovers etc supporters quickly grew into their new surroundings, became used to playing against the bigger teams and became more discerning. ManU, Arsenal, Liverpool, Forest et al were always guaranteed a big crowd at AG but even Everton and West Ham started to become optional rather than mandatory for some  

We’re seeing similar now with both ground and team. The novelty of the new AG appears to have worn off for some (certainly not for me), people have more options of how to spend their spare time and cash and have perhaps set (for themselves) higher expectations of what the club should be spending, who we should be signing and where we should be finishing in the Championship. 

Thus every season there will be old faces missing from the crowd on match days and new people taking their places. It’s always happened and always will but these days those not renewing have plenty of platforms upon which to publicly justify their departure. More often than not this involves the hurling of brickbats at the club. 

To those of us who remain, it means little. We’ve already committed our funds and our  matchdays for another season. We’re looking forward to new signings and the new season with all of its ups and downs.

We’re not right and they’re not wrong. We’re all just making the decisions which are right for us, individually. But to those who are leaving, please leave quietly, graciously and stop slagging off Bristol Sport, Steve Lansdown, lack of atmosphere at AG, price of tickets, lack of parking, lack of standing, public transport or the fact that it’s no longer 1973  -  those good old days when you could piss in the rain. :noexp:

3 hours ago, Leaning To One Side said:

Considering the great business we're currently making in the transfer market over the last week or so, I'd find it fascinating to know how much of an impact this has had on season ticket sales recently (if any).

Any ITK's on here with any nuggets of info? :chant6ez:

Surely pushing up to 16k, or will be in the near future. 

On 25/06/2019 at 14:11, Bar BS3 said:

By “product” do you mean team performances..? Well.. whilst our home form certainly let us down, I agree, the season a whole was yet further progress up the league. Is it because of results..? Surely you have to take the rough with the smooth..?! Will a couple of exciting signings lead to a change of mind & renewing, based on the club trying to address the perceived “product faults”.?

or... do you mean the matchday experience..? Which is very much down to personal preference. More people are embracing the matchday experience than ever before (in modern times). If people want terracing, shite facilities, lower league football, smaller crowds, a more lenient view on racial abuse & violence, plus any other number of less “sterile” aspects of the “old days” will they now be heading for the more accommodating surroundings of the Memorial Stadium..?! 

Only just picked this up.

Speaking solely for myself, yes I find the matchday experience plastic and generally shite. Quite why you are so black and white in your comparison to a relatively recent alternative experience only you will know, but only a fool would argue that a more raucous atmosphere automatically equates to The Den c 1977.

Archived