IGNORED

Roy Keane Leaves Forest/Martin O'Neil Sacked (Merged)

Unan

39 minutes ago, hodge said:

5 months, wow. A reporter is suggesting Rennes manager Sabri Lamouchi is favourite 

Already appointed per BBC. Was out of work - sacked by Rennes last year. Knew nothing of him so looked at record - success in Qatar but markedly underachieved with Ivory Coast. Rennes record mixed.

Has to be a risky appointment - no real record, no experience in this country. Possibly willing to trade underhandedly with Olympiacos (IIRC Forest have already made one sale to them this summer - unsurprisingly undisclosed) which might be the underlying driver here...

On SSN

• Including caretakers 26 managers since 2000
  • 22 permanent managers in 26 years since Brian Clough retired
  • Since 2011 no manager has lasted longer than 13 months
  • 4th appointment in 2 years under current owner

We've been wondering what LJ meant by being bold.

Looks like a Forest fan knows judging by this post about MON's sacking on their forum.....

Default Re: Who is next... Again..
Bold move this to steer the attention away from the shit home shirt

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Not once did he hear him talk tactics/having a game plan

He must of fluked all those trophy’s he’s won then in the spl when it was actually competitive or keeping villa up or the trophy’s he won at Leicester or the great work he did at roi

9 minutes ago, !james said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/28/martin-o-neill-nottingham-forest-inside-story?__twitter_impression=true

Guedioura not coming out it well, other senior players not named but disgraceful that they have got a second manager in a row sacked. Need a clear out of the playing squad first I think. 

Says to me that the players are the problem

19 minutes ago, !james said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/28/martin-o-neill-nottingham-forest-inside-story?__twitter_impression=true

Guedioura not coming out it well, other senior players not named but disgraceful that they have got a second manager in a row sacked. Need a clear out of the playing squad first I think. 

Isn't Mendes involved at Forest?

If so and if he is "close" with the owner and has some of his layers at the club then any manager is batting  on a tricky wicket from the outset, as it seems to be that Mendes will/can ensure the owner is always likely to slide with whoever Mendes says.

I suspect there have been times over the last 3 seasons when there has been disquiet in our dressing room with players unhappy/disgruntled with LJ when results were bad. This probably came to a head with Tomlin but credit SL for not only sticking by his head coach but by shifting  LT out of the club it demonstrated  that players don't necessarily wield the power. 

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Isn't Mendes involved at Forest?

If so and if he is "close" with the owner and has some of his layers at the club then any manager is batting  on a tricky wicket from the outset, as it seems to be that Mendes will/can ensure the owner is always likely to slide with whoever Mendes says.

I suspect there have been times over the last 3 seasons when there has been disquiet in our dressing room with players unhappy/disgruntled with LJ when results were bad. This probably came to a head with Tomlin but credit SL for not only sticking by his head coach but by shifting  LT out of the club it demonstrated  that players don't necessarily wield the power. 

Mendes is the new managers agent, so that stacks up.

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yes, he effectively becomes Sporting Director at clubs. Naturally everything will be as clean as a whistle.

I'm sure there will be no suspect fees from one club to another, after all Forest would never sell/buy players from one of the owners clubs to another to get round FFP or other restrictions...

18 minutes ago, bcfcbird said:

I'm sure there will be no suspect fees from one club to another, after all Forest would never sell/buy players from one of the owners clubs to another to get round FFP or other restrictions...

Naturally, completely inconceivable.

1 hour ago, !james said:

He said he was on internatial duty, despite not being called up , im using that next time i want a dayoff !!!

Archived