IGNORED

England v Cameroon, round of 16, Women’s World Cup

cityexile

13 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

This game is enthralling for the wrong reasons -

VAR … Right, wrong, not used for serious foul play, fifteen minutes of stoppage time ...

The incompetence of the referee

Cameroon doing their best to reinforce negative stereotypes and damage womens football.

And for me a first seeing players crying in attempt to influence the referee.

Classic female behaviour...

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Classic female behaviour...

This has been a completely anomalous game in the tournament.

I do not know why you take the time to contribute to this thread when your disdain for women’s football is evident.

The men’s game is objectively a lot worse for this sort of behaviour, but I suppose that doesn’t fit your tired narrative. Your humour is about as stale as the contents of a student house kitchen.

Wow, what a spectacle, but that game was bonkers. Cameroon’s players lost the plot and the ref completely lost control of the game. Credit to England’s players for keeping their discipline, especially after that awful foul near the end when the Cameroon player was shouting at Houghton who was receiving treatment. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Sadly FIFA and UEFA who say it’s here to stay. Those who watch the game don’t count. 

Mind you, with his love of technology LJ probably wants it too. 

Once it starts affecting City’s games and i can’t celebrate a goal then I’m done with my season tickets - I’ve no interest in it whatsoever 

2 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

The england pen the elbow in the face and the leg breaker at the end were all 100% wrong var decisions what a total farce of a football match

That’s the most laughable thing in this whole farce. Cameroon will feel hard done by in an overturned offside goal that technically was correctly disallowed by the CURRENT rules. But they literally got away with three decisions that were plain wrong and not corrected by VAR!!!

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That’s the most laughable thing in this whole farce. Cameroon will feel hard done by in an overturned offside goal that technically was correctly disallowed by the CURRENT rules. But they literally got away with three decisions that were plain wrong and not corrected by VAR!!!

Don't blame VAR. Blame the ref. She saw at least two of those on the VAR replay that she had the final say on.

There were several non-VAR incidents that she should have dealt with by carding Cameroon players, but she didn't. Thins just made their players behaviour worse. She's probably never had to deal with anything like that level of ill-discipline before, but it doesn't excuse her lack of competence.Fair play to the England players whose composure was excellent.

Cameroon were pathetic, and can pi$$ off home. The number 3 was scandalous and should have been sent off. And that tackle at the end was rediculous. 

The commentary suggested cameroon were playing the race card, which dion dublin scoffed at, there should be retrospective bans dished out.

well done to our girls for keeping their cool and dignity

I have been enjoying the games, it make a change to see player not rolling around on the ground when some one comes near, also up to now no needless fouls.

I must agree that Cameroon were rubbish and overtly physical and deserve to loose, however ot was good to see our players not getting drawn in.

Looking forward to Norway game.

I thought Phil Neville was very honest  post match. He diplomatically said that the game ‘wasn’t football’ but avoided naming Cameroon directly. He mentioned that everyone knew the VaR rules having had them drummed into them numerous times by officials.Very proud of his players discipline.

Personally if England want to progress further they’ll have to improve defensively. Against better opposition they’d have conceded goals today. Bear in mind that Bradley pulled off a couple of decent saves against a very mediocre team.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I thought Phil Neville was very honest  post match. He diplomatically said that the game ‘wasn’t football’ but avoided naming Cameroon directly. He mentioned that everyone knew the VaR rules having had them drummed into them numerous times by officials.Very proud of his players discipline.

Personally if England want to progress further they’ll have to improve defensively. Against better opposition they’d have conceded goals today. Bear in mind that Bradley pulled off a couple of decent saves against a very mediocre team.

Except its Bardsley.

11 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Spitting, Elbows, and Leg Breaking tackles.

Who says it's not proper football... VAR is trash as is.

Its not vars fault that cameroon players acted like total idiots though. The ref bottled it too, but if she had given that red card at the end or the penalty there would have been a riot.

Thought VAR was meant to deal with contentious decisions and avoid disputes.

It seems to be causing as much dispute as it clears and leaving many teams aggreived as a result. 

The real danger is referees abdicating all responsibility for making decisions in the the hope thatVAR will, and that VAR will take the subsequent flak.

Can't see that the way VAR is unfolding  is as we all expected 

22 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Just watching France v Brazil.

Yet another laughable affair.

I feel so sorry for the women’s game.

A showpiece tournament allowed to descend into a farce by FIFA

It’s going to become a bigger and bigger issue in all tournaments I fear. Again six minutes added to the first half here because if VAR, and it’s still debated whether it was the right call or not. Spoils it totally when it takes three minutes to make a call.

If they’re not gonna introduce a manager review (1 per team) like cricket, then get rid of VAR and: 

• just accept that there is a grey area,
  • back your officials to get it right (and mic them up to explain them and pick up players abusing them),
  • back them when they get it wrong by coaching them more
  • stick to pure black and white decisions like goal-line only

Archived