IGNORED

Benitez to leave Newcastle!

Pound Lane Red

I can't say I'm surprised.

The club is toxic. Ashley doesn't give a ****, and won't spend any money after Schteve McClaren relegated them after spending nearly £100m. To make matters worse, he doesn't seem to care about relegation either, and he'll happily see his side in the Championship and struggling because he'll still get 45,000 fans at St James' Park to see Tim Sherwood or Joe Kinnear lead them out against Barnsley.

I genuinely think it's take a Sunderland-style fall from grace to get that fat *** out of the club.

• Admin
1 minute ago, EnderMB said:

I can't say I'm surprised.

The club is toxic. Ashley doesn't give a ****, and won't spend any money after Schteve McClaren relegated them after spending nearly £100m. To make matters worse, he doesn't seem to care about relegation either, and he'll happily see his side in the Championship and struggling because he'll still get 45,000 fans at St James' Park to see Tim Sherwood or Joe Kinnear lead them out against Barnsley.

I genuinely think it's take a Sunderland-style fall from grace to get that fat *** out of the club.

Isn't he in the processing of finally selling up and leaving?

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Isn't he in the processing of finally selling up and leaving?

There was a rumour of a UAE billionaire looking to buy, but that materialised into nothing, so I reckon it was all a load of bollocks to try and keep Benitez in the job.

"You won't get shit from me, but if you sign a new deal you might get something from them"

9 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

he'll happily see his side in the Championship and struggling because he'll still get 45,000 fans at St James' Park

You don't make much money through tickets anymore, he will want to stay in the Prem cause that's where the real £££ is.

While it's easy and tempting to lambast Ashley, is it not the case that Newcastle are living very much within their means?

Aside from his unpleasant character, shouldn't we be hoping that more owners run their club in a similar financial fashion? 

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

While it's easy and tempting to lambast Ashley, is it not the case that Newcastle are living very much within their means?

Aside from his unpleasant character, shouldn't we be hoping that more owners run their club in a similar financial fashion? 

This would be true if this were the case, but the allegedly there is large amounts being paid out in share dividends which is useful when the major shareholder has many other businesses to keep afloat.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This would be true if this were the case, but the allegedly there is large amounts being paid out in share dividends which is useful when the major shareholder has many other businesses to keep afloat.

Which raises the question (which I'm not answering)... Should every penny raised by a football club be kept inside the football club? 

If 'we' want them run like profitable, sustainable business entities, then dividends would be part of that. 

10 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Which raises the question (which I'm not answering)... Should every penny raised by a football club be kept inside the football club? 

If 'we' want them run like profitable, sustainable business entities, then dividends would be part of that. 

Like all businesses, money should not be paid in dividends if it is detrimental to investment in that business. Part of the problem with privatising national services as well.

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Sounds like Benitez knows something the rest of us don’t and he’s only walking out in Newcastle because he’s got the Bristol Rovers job lined up..! 

It’s the huge step up he has deserved after spells with Liverpool, Real and Newcastle. Absolute time he got a big club to manage. 

18 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s the huge step up he has deserved after spells with Liverpool, Real and Newcastle. Absolute time he got a big club to manage. 

...plus Valencia, Chelsea, Napoli, Inter.

Yep- can only mean one thing. Off to "Barca"! The next level!

On a serious note, he can do quite a bit better than Newcastle IMO- be it here or abroad.

Everybody is pretty quick to slag off Mike Ashley because he hasn’t spent hundreds of millions in the transfer market but they also seem pretty quick to forget just how much it costs to employ one player, even a free transfer! The free transfer (player) seems to think that they are entitled to a large chunk of what would of been their transfer fee as a signing on fee & then there’s their £50,000 per week wages plus other bonuses.

A football club isn’t run on just what it pays out in transfer fees, someone has to pay for the running costs of all the facilities, travel arrangements, other staff costs & refreshments etc plus the money the tax man / government think they are entitled to.

It’s not really a job for the average working class person & very rarely is anyone making any money other than the players & agents.

To be fair to mike Ashley I’ve picked up loads of bargains at sports direct over the yrs .However if he owned my favourite football club I would probably be at the front of any supporter demonstration with a dodgy looking homemade placard casting aspersions about him and his parenthood and whether he like molesting ? like dopey daryl

ashley out Ashley out!

Archived