IGNORED

Benitez to leave Newcastle!

Pound Lane Red

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Everybody is pretty quick to slag off Mike Ashley because he hasn’t spent hundreds of millions in the transfer market but they also seem pretty quick to forget just how much it costs to employ one player, even a free transfer! The free transfer (player) seems to think that they are entitled to a large chunk of what would of been their transfer fee as a signing on fee & then there’s their £50,000 per week wages plus other bonuses.

A football club isn’t run on just what it pays out in transfer fees, someone has to pay for the running costs of all the facilities, travel arrangements, other staff costs & refreshments etc plus the money the tax man / government think they are entitled to.

It’s not really a job for the average working class person & very rarely is anyone making any money other than the players & agents.

Mike (Fat ***) Ashley is not doing what’s best for Newcastle he’s out for himself! It was only until a couple of years ago he was effectively robbing millions and millions of pounds of them mate maybe even hundreds of millions! 

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Everybody is pretty quick to slag off Mike Ashley because he hasn’t spent hundreds of millions in the transfer market but they also seem pretty quick to forget just how much it costs to employ one player, even a free transfer! The free transfer (player) seems to think that they are entitled to a large chunk of what would of been their transfer fee as a signing on fee & then there’s their £50,000 per week wages plus other bonuses.

A football club isn’t run on just what it pays out in transfer fees, someone has to pay for the running costs of all the facilities, travel arrangements, other staff costs & refreshments etc plus the money the tax man / government think they are entitled to.

It’s not really a job for the average working class person & very rarely is anyone making any money other than the players & agents.

They slag him off because he is a nasty piece of work, according to a Newcastle fan I know well.

3 hours ago, hail gus cesaer said:

Mike (Fat ***) Ashley is not doing what’s best for Newcastle he’s out for himself! It was only until a couple of years ago he was effectively robbing millions and millions of pounds of them mate maybe even hundreds of millions! 

I’m not doubting that, my post was aimed at the wider footballing community, we even have some ourselves that believe because we’ve brought in x amount of million via transfers & only spent a percentage of that ourselves, SL is in it for himself!! Let’s forget about the stadium & facilities he’s helped finance or the losses he has covered over the years, he hasn’t spent as much as we’ve made in transfers recently so where are the missing millions?

Personally, it’s laughable how some people think a football club should be run.

As for Mike Ashley, he has spent money but for a long time now football has been more than just a game & is actually a business to most of the owners out there & the majority of them are running their clubs at a loss because in reality it’s impossible to run with no losses.

5 hours ago, hail gus cesaer said:

Wow, that’s a bold claim - how do you know he has stolen ‘millions of pounds maybe even hundreds of millions’ from Newcastle United? It’s a genuine question.

The renowned independent Newcastle United fans’ site “The Mag” (a website, not a forum) was detailing why Toon fans should give Ashley credit not so long ago. The amount of money he gave managers such as McClaren for transfers was staggering - so where did you learn that he’s been ‘robbing’ their club until a couple of years ago?

12 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

ah the Geordie Nation. Best fans in the world™️ 

12 hours ago, SuperDziek said:

Oh how they deserve success!

12 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Sleeping giant. 

Did any of you hear Chris Waddle saying how they’ve always got 50k plus fans to every home game. I’m sure prior to Keegan as manager and  the Hall’s taking over their attendances were poor. 

17 hours ago, EnderMB said:

I can't say I'm surprised.

The club is toxic. Ashley doesn't give a ****, and won't spend any money after Schteve McClaren relegated them after spending nearly £100m. To make matters worse, he doesn't seem to care about relegation either, and he'll happily see his side in the Championship and struggling because he'll still get 45,000 fans at St James' Park to see Tim Sherwood or Joe Kinnear lead them out against Barnsley.

I genuinely think it's take a Sunderland-style fall from grace to get that fat *** out of the club.

He doesn't care about relegation because there are big parachute payments and they will be good enough to go back up again.

You can make as much being a yo-yo club as staving off relegation annually.

54 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He doesn't care about relegation because there are big parachute payments and they will be good enough to go back up again.

You can make as much being a yo-yo club as staving off relegation annually.

Plus they will have the “Leeds factor” of being chosen for a large majority of the TV games and will continue to get full houses as long as they are winning.

19 hours ago, Selred said:

You don't make much money through tickets anymore, he will want to stay in the Prem cause that's where the real £££ is.

I don't think he cares about that. His main aim is getting his brand all over one of the biggest clubs in the north, hence the Sports Direct logos everywhere near St James Park.

4 hours ago, daored said:

Did any of you hear Chris Waddle saying how they’ve always got 50k plus fans to every home game. I’m sure prior to Keegan as manager and  the Hall’s taking over their attendances were poor. 

Pretty sure they were getting about 14,000 for some games so best fans in the world malarky my arse.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wow, that’s a bold claim - how do you know he has stolen ‘millions of pounds maybe even hundreds of millions’ from Newcastle United? It’s a genuine question.

The renowned independent Newcastle United fans’ site “The Mag” (a website, not a forum) was detailing why Toon fans should give Ashley credit not so long ago. The amount of money he gave managers such as McClaren for transfers was staggering - so where did you learn that he’s been ‘robbing’ their club until a couple of years ago?

Until a couple of years ago sports direct had I think 300 odd (not sure of the exact figure) even renaming the stadium for a short time to the sports direct Arena and Newcastle received the princely sum of **** all for denying them the millions in revenue!

wether it’s stealing in the proper sense of the word I’m not sure ( that’s why I said effectively) but ******* did deny them all that money whilst keeping in his other business! 

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Going to a Chinese club for a mere £12m annual salary - apparently...

After wanting £9.4 million a year to continue at Newcastle which would have made him higher paid than Pottecino

I like Benitez , but going to China for money rather thank taking another job in England or Europe  damages his credibility / words on departing  Newcastle 

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

After wanting £9.4 million a year to continue at Newcastle which would have made him higher paid than Pottecino

I like Benitez , but going to China for money rather thank taking another job in England or Europe  damages his credibility / words on departing  Newcastle 

Did he really ask for over £9m as a salary?! Wow .... unbelievable, never ceases to amaze me, the amount of bunce sloshing about at the top level ...

• Admin
10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Going to a Chinese club for a mere £12m annual salary - apparently...

Former Newcastle United boss Rafael Benitez has been appointed manager of Chinese side Dalian Yifang.

The Spaniard left the Magpies on Sunday after his contract expired, saying that the Premier League club "did not share his vision".

He replaces Choi Kang-hee, who resigned on Monday "for personal reasons".

Benitez, who has also managed Liverpool and Chelsea, received a £12m offer to manage Dalian Yifang, tweeted a message saying #newchallenge #newchapter.

The 59-year-old led Newcastle to a 13th place finish in the Premier League last season and had indicated he wanted to stay at the club.

"I wanted to stay, but I didn't just want to sign an extended contract, I wanted to be part of a project," Benitez said in a letter to fans on Monday.

"I'm very sad about that, but I do not regret for one moment my decision to come to Tyneside and I'm very proud about what we achieved together."

The move to Dalian sees him reunited with Marek Hamsik, who played under Benitez at Napoli between 2013 and 2015.

Archived