IGNORED

Confirmed: Wigan and Birmingham games moved

bristolcitysweden

On 07/07/2019 at 08:18, CotswoldRed said:

OK, I'm slightly off topic, but LJ will always be happy to move games if it means more rest, even though 1) it pees off the fans 2) we've not proven extra rest works for us (check the results when we've 'benefitted' from an extra day). 

It's treating the fans with contempt when moved for this reason alone. If we can play Saturday 3pm, just play then, always. 

4 home games played on a Sunday last season, won 1, drew 1, lost 2.

Symptomatic of our home form last season or is Sunday a problem?

As you say no proof the extra rest works, there is something about a Sunday crowd atmosphere that isn't conducive to home advantage. 

45 minutes ago, lenred said:

Why are we not moving them to a Friday night.  Surely last seasons results prove there is nothing to be gained by playing Sunday’s? Just cocks up the weekend and it’s generally a rubbish atmosphere on a Sunday.  

We're playing on the Wednesday before. 

1 hour ago, cidercity said:

FFS taking the piss now, hate Sunday games, will reconsider buying season tickets if this carries on.

Game changes and VAR destroying football for me.

So the day the game is played is a major factor on whether you’d buy a season ticket or not?

I get that generally Sunday games have less atmosphere, but I don’t see why a couple more Sunday games a season should stop you getting a season ticket?

22 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So the day the game is played is a major factor on whether you’d buy a season ticket or not?

I get that generally Sunday games have less atmosphere, but I don’t see why a couple more Sunday games a season should stop you getting a season ticket?

It will have a bearing for a few Id imagine.  For some with families it is more of a ‘family day’, there will be those that go to church, those that play sport etc etc. And as sad as it may seem to some football is a day for me when I let my hair down, have a good drink and hang out with friends without worrying about work the next day.  Some of that dynamic changes when it’s a Sunday. 

Why 1.30 ? I don't see why it can't be the usual 3pm just because it's Sunday.

Pathetic from A & S police anyway, how many police do we need for Wigan? Have Wigan ever played up anywhere? Ever? How do Yorkshire police manage with Sheffield W, Utd, Rotherham Barnsley Donny Huddersfield Bradford City etc they can't all play on different days!

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Lots of people can't make Sunday games for a variety of different reasons

22 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I imagine it would be for quite a few. Especially those that have to miss one or two in August and at Xmas because of holidays, and also find Sundays or Fridays (as opposed to Saturdays) difficult. There comes a point where a season ticket just isn't value for money any more, and it's cheaper to just pay game by game. 

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

For me yes, not asking you to give yours up, also why have the games got to start earlier on a Sunday, what’s wrong with 3 o’clock on a Sunday, early kick off makes it a nightmare to get too.

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Why 1.30 ? I don't see why it can't be the usual 3pm just because it's Sunday.

Pathetic from A & S police anyway, how many police do we need for Wigan? Have Wigan ever played up anywhere? Ever? How do Yorkshire police manage with Sheffield W, Utd, Rotherham Barnsley Donny Huddersfield Bradford City etc they can't all play on different days!

This is exactly my point. Why the kick off time? I suspect it's contractual but no one in the EFL or EPL or, more to the point Sky have acknowledged this. It messes up a large chunk of our younger fan base and their paren't involved in kids football for a start. Wigan fans can't be looking forward to such an early start as well...

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

This is exactly my point. Why the kick off time? I suspect it's contractual but no one in the EFL or EPL or, more to the point Sky have acknowledged this. It messes up a large chunk of our younger fan base and their paren't involved in kids football for a start. Wigan fans can't be looking forward to such an early start as well...

Same ko hour last time (Sheffield W (h) last season

8 minutes ago, cidercity said:

For me yes, not asking you to give yours up, also why have the games got to start earlier on a Sunday, what’s wrong with 3 o’clock on a Sunday, early kick off makes it a nightmare to get too.

It's got to be in a contract somewhere between EFL and E PL.. Probably in the contract for parachute payments to EFL sides or the EPPP agreement. It's about keeping Premier League exclusively in the later time slot. 

God I hate modern football sometimes 

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

It's got to be in a contract somewhere between EFL and E PL.. Probably in the contract for parachute payments to EFL sides or the EPPP agreement. It's about keeping Premier League exclusively in the later time slot. 

God I hate modern football sometimes 

I’m not in the know but I can’t imagine the EPL give a monkeys about what time we kick off, in their eyes football doesn’t exist outside the prem.

Just now, cidercity said:

I’m not in the know but I can’t imagine the EPL give a monkeys about what time we kick off, in their eyes football doesn’t exist outside the prem.

I bet they do and they call the shots. Otherwise we'd kick off at 3pm or maybe later

Just looking at the two fixtures, surely Gas v Pompey is more likely to be a bit feisty than us v Wigan who  we have had no problems with? With this in mind it’s usual that the more risky match is shoved to a Sunday early afternoon for example.

It’s doesn’t bother me about moving, and it seems it suits some better and others not but going on pure risk the Gas match should be moved?

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just looking at the two fixtures, surely Gas v Pompey is more likely to be a bit feisty than us v Wigan who  we have had no problems with? With this in mind it’s usual that the more risky match is shoved to a Sunday early afternoon for example.

It’s doesn’t bother me about moving, and it seems it suits some better and others not but going on pure risk the Gas match should be moved?

Let’s start a petition 

10 hours ago, RedM said:

Our manager would have readily agreed to an extra days recuperation after a Wednesday nightgame 

Archived