Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

bristolcitysweden

Confirmed: Wigan and Birmingham games moved

With Rovers at home to Portsmouth on the same date will the CIty v Wigan game be moved to the Sunday?

I reckon it will be with Rovers playing at the Tuesday and us on the Wednesday the same week.

Subject to Sky and Julie H allowing both clubs to play on the Saturday of course 😄   

When can we expect a decision on this?

Cheers

Tommy

7 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

**** Sunday games, if we have to move it, put it on a Friday night.

Would depend on the rugby as well

36 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

We play Charlton (h) on the Wednesday the same week. Not likely.

The week after it's the fourth round of the League Cup on the Wed but that should not be a problem (if we play Sunday). 

Edited by bristolcitysweden

6 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We play Charlton (h) on the Wednesday the same week. Not likely.

The week after it's the fourth round of the League Cup on the Wed but that should not be a problem (if we play Sunday). 

So what you’re saying is... Rovers definitely won’t have a midweek game the following week...!

• Like 1

Still waiting for a decision, awaiting rugby fixtures to be announced I understand before a decision can be made. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Still waiting for a decision, awaiting rugby fixtures to be announced I understand before a decision can be made. 

Would the police allow us and bristol bears to play on the same day (obviously at different times)?

On 25/06/2019 at 08:17, Carey 6 said:

**** Friday games too. 

• Hmmm 1

57 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Would the police allow us and bristol bears to play on the same day (obviously at different times)?

Don't think the police would be the problem to this suggestion!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

Makes you wonder how, for example Greater Manchester Police manage with at least  6 League clubs to worry about.

OK, I'm slightly off topic, but LJ will always be happy to move games if it means more rest, even though 1) it pees off the fans 2) we've not proven extra rest works for us (check the results when we've 'benefitted' from an extra day). 

It's treating the fans with contempt when moved for this reason alone. If we can play Saturday 3pm, just play then, always. 

• Like 8

On 26/06/2019 at 13:34, AshtonPark said:

How long does it take to prepare for one sport after another has finished ? Apart from the logistics of food, cleaning and clearing the stadium etc.

On 26/06/2019 at 14:52, The Horse With No Name said:

Makes you wonder how, for example Greater Manchester Police manage with at least  6 League clubs to worry about.

Not on the same ground though .

On 26/06/2019 at 14:31, Big C said:

Don't think the police would be the problem to this suggestion!

Yeah but think how many conversions Fam would score if they played first and left the posts up?!

21 minutes ago, Chappers said:

According to my I-phone calendar it has moved.

And on mine, which is generated by the Sky Sports linked calendar I believe.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

How long does it take to prepare for one sport after another has finished ? Apart from the logistics of food, cleaning and clearing the stadium etc.

Not on the same ground though .

No, I obviously meant that City and Rovers don't play on the same day, generally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chappers said:

According to my I-phone calendar it has moved.

Yep and it’s the same day as the clocks go back an hour.

I wonder how many will miss the end of British summer time and turn up at halftime! 🙄

"Wigan Athletic's away fixture against Bristol City at Ashton Gate will now be played on Sunday 27 October 2019 with a 1.30pm kick off.

The fixture has been rescheduled due to the original date and time clashing with Bristol Rovers' home game against Portsmouth on Saturday 26 October. The changed fixture is not scheduled to be televised."

On 07/07/2019 at 08:18, CotswoldRed said:

OK, I'm slightly off topic, but LJ will always be happy to move games if it means more rest, even though 1) it pees off the fans 2) we've not proven extra rest works for us (check the results when we've 'benefitted' from an extra day). 

It's treating the fans with contempt when moved for this reason alone. If we can play Saturday 3pm, just play then, always. 

4 home games played on a Sunday last season, won 1, drew 1, lost 2.

Symptomatic of our home form last season or is Sunday a problem?

As you say no proof the extra rest works, there is something about a Sunday crowd atmosphere that isn't conducive to home advantage. 

We get an extra days rest. But so does Wigan and we got the bigger squad. Clubs are used to play Sat/Tue so We/Sa should not be a problem. We are losing money on this. Are Rovers compensating us for lost revenue?   

FFS taking the piss now, hate Sunday games, will reconsider buying season tickets if this carries on.

Game changes and VAR destroying football for me.

• Like 1

Not Sky’s fault this time but that’s another game I’m going to have to miss because of change of date and time. Mainly the kick off time that has ****** it up for me though😢

11 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

why don't the sags change ? so 20k have to be inconvenienced for 9k !

We usually switch don't we- surely it is their turn this time?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why are we not moving them to a Friday night.  Surely last seasons results prove there is nothing to be gained by playing Sunday’s? Just cocks up the weekend and it’s generally a rubbish atmosphere on a Sunday.  

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, lenred said:

Why are we not moving them to a Friday night.  Surely last seasons results prove there is nothing to be gained by playing Sunday’s? Just cocks up the weekend and it’s generally a rubbish atmosphere on a Sunday.  

We're playing on the Wednesday before. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cidercity said:

FFS taking the piss now, hate Sunday games, will reconsider buying season tickets if this carries on.

Game changes and VAR destroying football for me.

So the day the game is played is a major factor on whether you’d buy a season ticket or not?

I get that generally Sunday games have less atmosphere, but I don’t see why a couple more Sunday games a season should stop you getting a season ticket?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

We're playing on the Wednesday before. 

Ahh fair enough. My mistake. 

22 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So the day the game is played is a major factor on whether you’d buy a season ticket or not?

I get that generally Sunday games have less atmosphere, but I don’t see why a couple more Sunday games a season should stop you getting a season ticket?

It will have a bearing for a few Id imagine.  For some with families it is more of a ‘family day’, there will be those that go to church, those that play sport etc etc. And as sad as it may seem to some football is a day for me when I let my hair down, have a good drink and hang out with friends without worrying about work the next day.  Some of that dynamic changes when it’s a Sunday. 

Edited by lenred
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Why 1.30 ? I don't see why it can't be the usual 3pm just because it's Sunday.

Pathetic from A & S police anyway, how many police do we need for Wigan? Have Wigan ever played up anywhere? Ever? How do Yorkshire police manage with Sheffield W, Utd, Rotherham Barnsley Donny Huddersfield Bradford City etc they can't all play on different days!

2 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Brilliant, was going to miss this as going to a wedding on the Saturday!!😀

Same here was due to go to a wedding happy days 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Lots of people can't make Sunday games for a variety of different reasons

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I imagine it would be for quite a few. Especially those that have to miss one or two in August and at Xmas because of holidays, and also find Sundays or Fridays (as opposed to Saturdays) difficult. There comes a point where a season ticket just isn't value for money any more, and it's cheaper to just pay game by game. 

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

For me yes, not asking you to give yours up, also why have the games got to start earlier on a Sunday, what’s wrong with 3 o’clock on a Sunday, early kick off makes it a nightmare to get too.