IGNORED

Semenyo

Selred

5 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

4+1 year deal - wow!!

Who was the last player we tied down to such a long contract??

Probably in the 70s when City gave players 10 year contracts!

2 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he went out on loan to a top league one side. We usually tie the younger players down to a new contract and then get them a loan. Tins said last night that a loan has been agreed for one of our players and that it is a good loan. Just putting 2 & 2 together along with previous strategy.

I thought the same but in the article on the OS LJ says “We are excited about the impact Antoine can have on the first team and our success next season.” Seems weird to have that comment if they've lined up a loan already.

3 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he went out on loan to a top league one side. We usually tie the younger players down to a new contract and then get them a loan. Tins said last night that a loan has been agreed for one of our players and that it is a good loan. Just putting 2 & 2 together along with previous strategy.

Can’t see that tbh. Feel like we are hoping he overtakes Diedhiou during the season. 

5 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I see it differently. I see him in the first team squad. Great news 

Semenyo leaving is what I was more worried about than anything. To get 4 + 1 deal is amazing.

Will this mean loan out as well as usually both happen at same time. I see benefits to a loan out if we bring in another striker. If we don't then he will surely be part of our squad and getting minutes.

Four contract plus optional year is a good indication of how highly the club rates him.

He isn't here to go back out on loan, he's here to be an integral part of the first team this season. Hope he can grasp the opportunity - looking forward to seeing how he progresses.

Weirdly feels like a new signing doesn't it? 

We have seen little or nothing of the lad, but the rumours of premier league interest, particularly Chelsea had convinced some that we wouldn't have a chance to see him in a City shirt. I am really pleased the club have managed to tie him down to such a long term deal, would have been nice if they could have taken a picture that made him look a bit happier about it though. :) 

image.png.2d129f0d0210e96a8211293d915e5d72.png

Do city not sign a striker and give him a go up top? Personally I'd have him on the wing at the moment. But then a lot of competition on the wing too.

If he's improved over the summer on his movement, hold up play etc then maybe LJ could be bold by believing Semenyo can be the answer up top this season.

46 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Thought Tinnion said that the player going out was for their first league loan, if so it wouldn’t be Semenyo.

Can’t see there being a release clause except an agreement to consider offers that would meet the clubs valuation.

Lets face it the £10-£12m mentioned for Webster would have seemed good value 12 months ago but now seems a joke. If Antoine is that good he could be worth north of £50m in 12-18 months so I think to set a release value on him would be near impossible in today’s market. 

1 hour ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Fantastic news, he will only improve as the season goes on. 

I hope he stays at the club and doesn't go out on loan this season. 

Very raw,,needs regular man's football - league one loan is a must......caviat for recall if required.

Archived