IGNORED

Semenyo

Selred

10 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I really hope this isn't City going for the cheap option again when we need a PROVEN striker

And how do strikers get proven?

By getting opportunities.

Hes obviously a very talented kid and has shown he can cope with league two which is a physical level, if we started next season with him and Fam up top I’d be pleased

21 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I really hope this isn't City going for the cheap option again when we need a PROVEN striker

Absolutely disgusting isn’t it! 

Sod giving our best young players a long deal to ward off massive teams! We want big strikers instead! 

LJ OUT NOW

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Very raw,,needs regular man's football - league one loan is a must......caviat for recall if required.

Physically ready for the championship now. Don’t think he needs to go out on loan. He has shown he ca effect games 

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Absolutely disgusting isn’t it! 

Sod giving our best young players a long deal to ward off massive teams! We want big strikers instead! 

LJ OUT NOW

There will be moans either way, it is the remit of the football fan. We sign a "big name" striker, everyone can moan about his cost the wages we are paying him and how he is blocking the pathway for the youngsters coming through. We sell/lose said youngster to another club, "why don't we give our kids a chance?" .  "what's the point in an academy?" No point in giving credence to it really. 

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Janneh now signed . 

D95u_5AWsAAVpZC.jpg

He WILL go out on loan I am sure, somewhere higher than Conference level. 18 goals and 14 assists for Torquay, most league clubs would be looking to give him an opportunity to go up a level or two. Pretty much says it himself and LJ's comments about furthering his progression indicate that as well.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

He WILL go out on loan I am sure, somewhere higher than Conference level. 18 goals and 14 assists for Torquay, most league clubs would be looking to give him an opportunity to go up a level or two \i am sure.

Brian Tinnion said on Twitter yesterday. A youngster is heading out on an exciting loan. IMO it’s Janneh 

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

2 hour Semenyo special episode of OSIB currently being recorded...

Interview with the lad himself? Try not to blow too much smoke up his rear end. :) "Oh Antoine, how did you get to be so good so young?" "Oooh you are a well built lad aren't you?" :whistle:

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He WILL go out on loan I am sure, somewhere higher than Conference level. 18 goals and 14 assists for Torquay, most league clubs would be looking to give him an opportunity to go up a level or two. Pretty much says it himself and LJ's comments about furthering his progression indicate that as well.

Why would Johnson say he is excited about what Semenyo can bring to our first team next season if he is going to loan him out?

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

There are no recalls in the EFL between transfer windows. You can only recall from non-league. He won’t go on loan anyway. 

Ok..thanks..  

Would still send him out,,needs the experience...

Maybe a loan untill the new year....

6 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Ok..thanks..  

Would still send him out,,needs the experience...

Maybe a loan untill the new year....

Norwich had youngsters in their team playing regular football, so did Leeds & Derby.

36 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Why would Johnson say he is excited about what Semenyo can bring to our first team next season if he is going to loan him out?

34 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

PSR was on about Janneh . My fault I should of posted in a separate thread 

Yeah, what he said......

Great news, I was always confident we be able to extend Jennahs deal but thought we’d struggle to tie down Semenyo after the Chelsea interest in January. With such a long term deal it will only take one good season at this level and his transfer value will be ridiculous ?

Archived